Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#74016 Dec 29, 2012
Nortons BAD GOP Religion wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Bible Abusing, Bad Religion Pharasee's like you
We aren't abusing the bible, only you are.
Norton

Independence, MO

#74017 Dec 29, 2012
largeASS is a dumbASS wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Wrong...but you're right about you being an idiot!
Bible Contains Homosexual Stories
Despite the attitude of the church regarding homosexuality, there are two clear examples of same-sex couples in the Bible.
Religious scholars throughout the history of Christianity have used verses from Leviticus to defend the Church’s negative stance on homosexuality. Other regulations in Leviticus are no longer followed as they are considered outdated, ridiculous or unfair. In Genesis the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was used as the excuse to condemn homosexual acts while in other parts of the Bible it is explained that the destruction of the two cities was due to other sins. Jesus never spoke against same sex relationships and his whole message is one of tolerance and love. It was the convert Paul who condemned same sex intercourse, but only between men.
Ruth and Naomi
“Where you go, I will go; where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die –there will I be buried. May the Lord do thus and so to me, and more as well, if even death parts me from you”, Ruth 1: 16-17. With these verses from the Book of Ruth came the vows that for many years were used in Protestant churches to celebrate marriage ceremonies. The surprising fact is that it is not said from a man to woman but from a woman to another woman.
Naomi and her daughters-in-law were all widows. When she asked them to get back to their families, Ruth clung to Naomi and said the famous verses. Following the traditions of Israel, Ruth got married to a next of kin in order to perpetuate the lineage of her dead husband. She had a son and the women who knew them both said that Ruth loved Naomi more than seven sons (Ruth 4:15) and that day a son “had been born to Naomi”(Ruth 4:17). Why would they say such a thing? The son was born to Ruth and her new husband, although after the wedding Ruth kept on living with Naomi. Could it be that both women continue living together with their son?
Jonathan and David
“When David had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was bound to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul”(1 Samuel 18:1). In this way starts one of the most beautiful and poignant love stories of all time, whatever the religious scholars may say. No one with any common sense can deny the love and passion that existed between these two men. Jonathan promised himself to David and David would keep his faithfulness to Jonathan.“Then Jonathan made a covenant with David, because he loved him as his own soul. Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that he was wearing and gave it to David, and his armour, and even his sword and his bow and his belt”, 1Samuel 18:3-4. With his lover’s clothes and weapons, David was successful in every subsequent battle.
David refused all marriage offers from King Saul until finally marrying one of Jonathan’s sisters. David’s loyalty, however, was with Jonathan until his death. In the Books of Samuel there are many indications of the love they had for each other but probably the most touching of all is David’s lamentation after Jonathan’s death:“I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; greatly beloved were you to me; your love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women”, 2 Samuel 1:26.
Even today many scholars insist in denying what is obvious: David and Jonathan loved each other in the whole sense of the word. It is a sad fact that some Christian denominations have even adapted their Bibles to hide this truth.
No, you are just plain ignorant! Where did you get this crap? I suppose on the internet? Of course, you don't read or understand the Bible. You just pull stuff out of context. Fool!

CHEERS! Have another beer!
GOP BAD RELIGION

United States

#74018 Dec 29, 2012
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't abusing the bible, only you are.
DAN... YOU are a NUT CASE!!!!!
Nortons BAD RELIGION

United States

#74019 Dec 29, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are just plain ignorant! Where did you get this crap? I suppose on the internet? Of course, you don't read or understand the Bible. You just pull stuff out of context. Fool!
CHEERS! Have another beer!
If you ever read it...you'd find it's all right in the BIBLE...

Maybe you should try to get your religion out of it ...instead off of FOX NEWS????

Norton You Define "plain ignorant"

God bless
CHEERS!
Norton

Independence, MO

#74020 Dec 29, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, no matter what name or identity you post under you can't actually seem to quote the Bible fully or explain how you don't hate people who eat shellfish as much as you fear and hate homosexuals. I never said the Bible was a fairytale, I just asked you to explain how you pick and choose parts of the Bible that fit in with your preconcieved bigotry and ignore the things that don't. Simple. Please explain how the laws against homosexuality (which you still haven't actually quoted even once) apply, but the laws against shellfish don't. Please no more interpretation, quotes. Who knows? You may save a sinner like me.(that whole live and let live thing I've got going on is one big sin) Reply as anyone of your aliases please.
CHEERS! my goatee wearing friend from the Mirror Universe!
This is the real Norton, not the fake one! I have told you many times. Read Romans 1 ! Shellfish....I don't know what you are talking about. I don't have any aliases!
I don't hate anybody. We are to love homosexuals but hate their sin. God must really be dealing with you! Good!
There are many stories in the Bible that are bad. They were put in there to show us what not to do. People take parts of the Bible out of context and just make up stuff without really understanding what they are talking about.

CHEERS!
Norton

Independence, MO

#74021 Dec 29, 2012
Nortons BAD RELIGION wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever read it...you'd find it's all right in the BIBLE...
Maybe you should try to get your religion out of it ...instead off of FOX NEWS????
Norton You Define "plain ignorant"
God bless
CHEERS!
Maybe you need to find the real truth!

CHEERS!
Norton

Independence, MO

#74022 Dec 29, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's also ok to practice incest? I'm just trying to understand your worldview Nortie.
No, it is not OK, Nortie (whoever you are). Romans 1......read it!

CHEERS!
Norton

Independence, MO

#74023 Dec 29, 2012
Largelanguage wrote:
And no fool, the bible mentions and says, "the same with a women who sleeps with a women as if it was a man".“Where you go, I will go; where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die –there will I be buried. May the Lord do thus and so to me, and more as well, if even death parts me from you”, Ruth 1: 16-17.
Idiot, they were committed as sisters, not 2 wifes. And sorry, but couples don't love their spouse more than their children, unless we are talking about just young people.
Love smuff, I don't give a fuck. The love between david and jonathon wasn't homosexual, it was brotherly. They supported each other for life as brothers. Who knows, during that time people might have expressed themselves differently. Fool, brothers and sisters are meant to stick up for each other. And maybe he married his sister to be more related!
In the beginning, the culture was different! Please don't use the F*** word. I know you get upset but it gives the non-christians more amo to throw at us. Hang in there! We are right and they are just ignorant. I guess all we can do is pray for them!

CHEERS!

“The strength of science is”

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#74024 Dec 29, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
In the beginning, the culture was different! Please don't use the F*** word. I know you get upset but it gives the non-christians more amo to throw at us. Hang in there! We are right and they are just ignorant. I guess all we can do is pray for them!
CHEERS!
He isn't a Christian. This is DanInBranson. The maniac from Smithville Mo. He is an anti-Christian libertarian and a psycho nut job. It is so darn funny that you are hooked up with him. The hilarity of that situation will make me smile the whole New Year.

He is only hear to try one more time to come out on top. It is important to him for reasons known only to him. Suffice it to say, a normal, mentally healthy, rational individual would have walked away a long time ago. That he has come back to entertain us actually shows a level of giving I didn't know he had the capacity for.

Folks, LargeAss is a former poster, so damaged and destroyed that he is compelled to come back here to prove to the world he isn't a loser by getting the one up on posters on Topix. He really needs to get help. If he pulled back and took a look at things and could think rationally, he would check himself into a legitimate mental health facilty. He was already seeing a psychiatrist by his own admission. I guess he must have stopped and had a relapse.

“The strength of science is”

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#74026 Dec 29, 2012
Dan goes totally Bachmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan ...we all know this is you...with everyone of your shock treatments in the Bachmann Clinic...you come back babl'n some new personality...now your Queen Victoria from the UK...right???
Getting pretty crowded in your head ...HUH?
I prefered your last female personality, when you thought you were Pam the Swedish vampire on TRUE BLOOD!!!
YOU MUST BE WATCHING OPRAH...beccause you are so OWNED!!!!!!
Did you catch his use of the term "fool." Same as the old Smifville. No matter how hard he tries to change his identity, the crazy just shines through.

Why is he even bothering? He is freaking insane! ROFL!
DAN in Boehnerland

United States

#74027 Dec 29, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Did you catch his use of the term "fool." Same as the old Smifville. No matter how hard he tries to change his identity, the crazy just shines through.
Why is he even bothering? He is freaking insane! ROFL!
EXACTLY...Game Point!
DAN in Boehnerland

United States

#74028 Dec 29, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to find the real truth!
CHEERS!
Norton maybe you need to pull your head out of your Azzzz?????
DAN in Boehnerland

United States

#74029 Dec 29, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>He isn't a Christian. This is DanInBranson. The maniac from Smithville Mo. He is an anti-Christian libertarian and a psycho nut job. It is so darn funny that you are hooked up with him. The hilarity of that situation will make me smile the whole New Year.
He is only hear to try one more time to come out on top. It is important to him for reasons known only to him. Suffice it to say, a normal, mentally healthy, rational individual would have walked away a long time ago. That he has come back to entertain us actually shows a level of giving I didn't know he had the capacity for.
Folks, LargeAss is a former poster, so damaged and destroyed that he is compelled to come back here to prove to the world he isn't a loser by getting the one up on posters on Topix. He really needs to get help. If he pulled back and took a look at things and could think rationally, he would check himself into a legitimate mental health facilty. He was already seeing a psychiatrist by his own admission. I guess he must have stopped and had a relapse.
Absolutely correct...we've seen her go thru it all...shock treatments , reversion therapy...NOTHING HAS WORKED!!!

Hell... she spends so much time in the Bachmann Clinic, they might as well hire her!!!!!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#74030 Dec 29, 2012
Norton wrote:
What part of the Bible is it where you find the laws against homosexuality? Please, enlighten.
Mmmmm....you really don't know much about the bible do you? Hard to hold a discussion with someone who doesn't have the first clue.
Norton

Independence, MO

#74031 Dec 29, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmmm....you really don't know much about the bible do you? Hard to hold a discussion with someone who doesn't have the first clue.
As a matter of fact, I know quite a lot, but I am not a bible scholar. However, you are right about being hard to hold a discussion with someone who doesn't have the first clue about the Bible.

CHEERS!
Norton

Independence, MO

#74032 Dec 29, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>He isn't a Christian. This is DanInBranson. The maniac from Smithville Mo. He is an anti-Christian libertarian and a psycho nut job. It is so darn funny that you are hooked up with him. The hilarity of that situation will make me smile the whole New Year.
Ok, he who? I am confused!

CHEERS!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#74033 Dec 29, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you note that, of the top 15 countries of the world in military spending, Saudi Arabia spends the highest percentage of its GDP on its military? 8.7%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
Yes, good thing we're 'allies' right???

When my son was stationed there I read http://www.arabnews.com/home a lot. It's the only English Newspaper in Riyadh. It's a bit simplistic but the opinion sections are enlightening....they despise us.
Norton

Independence, MO

#74034 Dec 29, 2012
LargeLanguage?
Norton is Confused DUH

United States

#74035 Dec 29, 2012
Norton wrote:
LargeLanguage?
your are no Sherlock Holmes
Norton is Confused DUH

United States

#74036 Dec 29, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok,? I am confused!
CHEERS!
DUH...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richards high school 21 min leeroy 21
Incompetent Monkey Ears is off to Hawaii! 2 hr chen dragon 5
Low-Visibilty Paperboy 3 hr The Watch 70
All remaining Christmas trees $20 4 hr Great 3
Anyone know of a bank in town that offers a FRE... 7 hr Free Spirit 10
Michelle Obama Hates Racist Whities 8 hr Michelle Hussein ... 9
omc staff 9 hr The Watch 3
West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Plains

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:25PM
Will St. Louis' defense shut down Eli Manning?
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
Previewing Giants vs. Rams
Bleacher Report 8:44 PM
Complete Week 16 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs' Week 16 Preview vs. Steelers
Bleacher Report10:58 AM
Polamalu (Knee) Likely to Sit Sunday