Silent March Against Meth

Silent March Against Meth

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mothers Against Meth

United States

#1 Mar 2, 2012
WE ARE HAVING A SILENT MARCH AGAINST METHAMPHETAMINES.MARCH31ST FROM 12:OO NOON - 2:OO PM IN WILLOW SPRINGS ON MAIN ST.BRING YOUR ANTI-METH POSTER AND COME JOIN US.ALL ARE WELCOME
Man of Reason

Cross Timbers, MO

#2 Mar 2, 2012
Sounds like a "sexist" event.
If only

United States

#3 Mar 3, 2012
If only a walk would make a difference .. Its not sorry to say .. I am against it too but people are going to have to be willing to change .. You can walk a thousand miles but its not going to help a meth user . I say Pray for them reach out and talk to meth users and be a friend to them and help them have a desire to quit . Give them a reason to value their life and maybe that might help . I hope no one is collecting funds for this walk because its not going to do anything other then put another dollar in a rich man or woman's pocket .
Mothers Against Meth

United States

#4 Mar 3, 2012
Mothers Against Metamphetamines is a non-profit organation.all money collected goes back into the organation to help support it.We go into the county jail and do presintations for the inmates to help then overcome addiction,we are 95% done on the rentivation of a small recovery center for inmates coming out of jail or prison.we also have a teddy bear collection for foster children taken from drug homes plus go into the schools and talk to kids about the effects of meth.My name is Donna Barbrow and i know that you can not change but one person at a time,I am founder of mothers against meth,i am a addict in recovery,i lost a sister in meth,my step son was shot in the face indirectly because of meth and i have lost 12 of my best friends do to meth,we are having the march as an awareness,we have to start some where.it will take to community to start making a stand before things will change
Mothers Against Meth

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2012
if you suspect a meth lab call 1-888-823-meth(6384)
anon

Sparta, MO

#7 Mar 3, 2012
Your stepson was shot in the face because the law was trying to get rid of his sorry ass and failed, he just happens to be on meth 24/7, anything he does is meth related. How about starting with Johny Barbrow first, if you can get him to stop then you've accomplished something. Collecting teddy bears and talking to inmates won't solve anything, you're wasting your time, sorry. Inmates will listen to anybody because they have nothing better to do at the time. You've "lost" 14 family members and friends due to meth, your track record isn't that great.
Mothers Against Meth

United States

#8 Mar 3, 2012
you are right johny barbrow is my ex-soninlaw and every thing you've said about him is prouble true.if i can help one person it will all be worth it.you know the pain of losing a loved one and i am so sorry for that,but the pain of losing my own sister is what drives me to help others .if i can just reach one then someone else doesn't have to lose there family.and yes teddy bears do help give a child a little confort in a time when he or she has lost every thing.that is the one thing they can take with then where ever they go.i have sean lots of lifes changed.i am not asking for aproval or i dont expect most to understand or to even agree,rather i am doing it for my children and grand children at least i am making a stannd for what i beleive in,and trying to make some little differance i my world...how about you.if i dont stand for something i stand for nothing
Mothers Against Meth

United States

#9 Mar 3, 2012
my sister excaped from county jail and drowned in orange and leg chains,it was her cry that lead me to go into the inmates and living in that world is what made me want to change my own life,some don't want to change and are just bad apples so to speak but there are some that do want to change...dont thy desirve a chance.i can only pray for johny.hopeful some day i can reach him
Blondie

Ozark, MO

#10 Mar 3, 2012
Mothers Against Meth wrote:
my sister excaped from county jail and drowned in orange and leg chains,it was her cry that lead me to go into the inmates and living in that world is what made me want to change my own life,some don't want to change and are just bad apples so to speak but there are some that do want to change...dont thy desirve a chance.i can only pray for johny.hopeful some day i can reach him
I think what you are doing is wonderful! We need more people like you ....
BEEN THERE

Ozark, MO

#11 Mar 3, 2012
Many years ago I found myself locked up "yet again" awaiting meth charges and I refused to sit and listen to Donna's words. After 5 or 6 weeks with no end in sight, a cellmate finally talked me into participating. I can honestly say that Donna CHANGED MY LIFE! She didn't try to "Get Me Off Meth" she brought me to the feet of the Lord. Eight years ago I felt the spirit move within me and I KNOW that the Lord works through Donna and uses her to bring the wounded to their knees before his power.
STOP saying that what she does isn't helping because IT DOES!
THANK YOU DONNA for reaching through to me when countless Rehabs and family members could not over 25 years of addiction.
Reach out

Branson, MO

#12 Mar 5, 2012
Your best bet is to reach out . Show someone who has a problem with any kind of drug that you care . walking , running and jogging won't save a life . You might save one though if you will show yourself friendly . A lot of people who are hooked on drugs is because of some type of childhood abuse . They use a substance to try to block things out of their mind . I have a hard time believing that all drug users that had a good child hood decided when someone let them try the drug , that was it from there . Yes that happens but Most who are on them came from an horrible childhood . And then there are others who decided to get on it because of their woman or man running out on them when they thought all was well in the home , there are those who got started on it because they saw no value to life because maybe they lost a child , their parents that they felt they needed to stick around. Most don't decide to do it for no reason . I say stop hanging out with your friends to do a walk (march) and get in the middle of hurting people . Some of these people to make them feel there is a reason to live . Do you really think if someone on drugs sees you all walking , its going to make them think oh you all care for me and now I am going to quit . NOOOOO ITS NOTTT !! WHY IS IT SO DANG HARD TO REACH OUT , SHOW SOME LOVE AND SUPPORT , GIVE A HUG TO THE SAD AND BROKEN HEARTED . Give compassion stop looking for funds . GIVE MY SUGGESTION A TRY AND YOU MIGHT BE SHOCKED .
mommy

Ozark, MO

#13 Mar 5, 2012
well i have to say i was a user as well at one time.now i learn my daughter is useing,mothers worst nitemare.no she never had a
bad child hood.i think she had a pretty good one myself.so sorry you are wrong on that part.i think it takes one person saying just one time.well gueess what that one time never ends.its sad we have grown ass people pushing this on our kids.
gary

United States

#14 Mar 8, 2012
drugs are not what makes you bad. you! are !stop the excuse for be n a worthless person you used drugs all your life and when the partys over and your too old to party its time to get relegion and try to buy back a reputation let me guess you seen the light ? lol and you go to church lol i think you are still a user just not drugs !lol
tommy

Cabool, MO

#15 Mar 8, 2012
gary wrote:
drugs are not what makes you bad. you! are !stop the excuse for be n a worthless person you used drugs all your life and when the partys over and your too old to party its time to get relegion and try to buy back a reputation let me guess you seen the light ? lol and you go to church lol i think you are still a user just not drugs !lol
dude where nin the hellare you pulling that from your ass briother now that shits wasz jnuewish so ya wow ?????????? nout lmfao
Mothers Against Meth

Ava, MO

#16 Mar 8, 2012
1-888-823-Meth(6384) if you suspect a meth lab call,it is a confidencal number help us stop meth,thanks Mothers Against Methamphetamones
hum

Willow Springs, MO

#17 Mar 8, 2012
Mothers Against Meth wrote:
Mothers Against Metamphetamines is a non-profit organation.all money collected goes back into the organation to help support it.We go into the county jail and do presintations for the inmates to help then overcome addiction,we are 95% done on the rentivation of a small recovery center for inmates coming out of jail or prison.we also have a teddy bear collection for foster children taken from drug homes plus go into the schools and talk to kids about the effects of meth.My name is Donna Barbrow and i know that you can not change but one person at a time,I am founder of mothers against meth,i am a addict in recovery,i lost a sister in meth,my step son was shot in the face indirectly because of meth and i have lost 12 of my best friends do to meth,we are having the march as an awareness,we have to start some where.it will take to community to start making a stand before things will change
Ok , make a stand against what ? A meth user or the drug ? What good is it going to do to stand against a drug when in the state of Mo its plenty full . I say rather then walking in circles or a straight line as if your running a protest and help these people . I don't care how much money you all collect , it does not cost to walk to your next door neighbor or the family in low income housing or where ever . Just walk over , If you stay with in a certain amount of mileage it does not cost a lot to drive or , get someone to take you . Inspire someone . Make them feel like there actually one person not ready to judge but to help out . Being a way from a user doing a march could cost someone their life who needed help .
mommy

West Plains, MO

#18 Mar 8, 2012
gary wrote:
drugs are not what makes you bad. you! are !stop the excuse for be n a worthless person you used drugs all your life and when the partys over and your too old to party its time to get relegion and try to buy back a reputation let me guess you seen the light ? lol and you go to church lol i think you are still a user just not drugs !lol
no sorry to tell ya i was 19 and stoped myself.now am 42 never touched it again.and the person am talking about is a great person just the wrong peole to hang with.
wow

United States

#19 Mar 9, 2012
Mothers Against Meth wrote:
1-888-823-Meth(6384) if you suspect a meth lab call,it is a confidencal number help us stop meth,thanks Mothers Against Methamphetamones
I do believe the word you are looking for is (Methamphetamine) Either way , not joining but would not mind listening to the advise I just read from someone who makes sense and help someone . I am all about being friendly . People don't donate to this cause . It makes me sick . I agree , HELP PEOPLE .
Mommy of two

Branson, MO

#20 Mar 9, 2012
I am a recovering meth addict, junkie. I've been clean for 10months now. And I'm proud of that. Meth destroys you, your life, everything. FAST !! When I first started, just smoking, I felt like I had it under control, my drug use... then within a few months, I went from smoking to shooting up. 6months later arrested in front of my child. that was my rock bottom, putting a memory of that into my childs head. i spent 3 days locked up. made a promise to myself to do whatever it takes to get clean and to be the mom my kids deserved. If a person wants to quit using, they WILL. but it has to come from within themselves. Everyone has a different "rock bottom"... mine was May 18,2011, the day i went to jail, that day changed my life. ya know, these court ordered rehabs are a waste of time and money. someone who is in rehab because they are forced to be, is'nt going to come out any better. You can only Rehabilitate yourself....I wanted it, so I did it. good luck to those who are dealing with this addiction, its a nasty habit to shake.
mommy

West Plains, MO

#21 Mar 9, 2012
so proud of you mommy of two:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 min TRUMPANZEES 105,276
Sick n Tired of Walmart 8 hr grave digger 3
South Howell County Ambulance (Sep '08) Sun Greg 106
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) Sun grave digger 50
FBI/IRS investigate His Place House of Worship Sun grave digger 6
Trump Plaza Motel coming to West Plains Sat grave digger 2
Trump is West Plains Voice Sat grave digger 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages