Treatment of pain
razorback mom

Branson, MO

#1 Nov 4, 2012
I have severe hip tendonopthy and would like suggestions of where to go in west plains to get treatment. I have heard the OMC Ortho clinic, Dr Reed would be an excellent choice. Any suggestions?
done my homework

Branson, MO

#2 Nov 4, 2012
razorback mom wrote:
I have severe hip tendonopthy and would like suggestions of where to go in west plains to get treatment. I have heard the OMC Ortho clinic, Dr Reed would be an excellent choice. Any suggestions?
If you go to OMC Ortho clinic, don't see Dr. Denenny. After having been diagnosed at OMC with a broken arm (Right distal radius fracture) I was referred to Dr. Denenny. When I had my appointment, he squeezed my arm in several places, asking if it hurt. He then had his nurse wrap my arm in a bandage, and told me to come back in a week if it still hurt. I'm not sure if there is any capable help in West Plains. Even my initial diagnosis of a broken arm wasn't completely true, I went back to OMC seven weeks later, and it's supposedly tendonitis. I had been shown the x-rays, at my initial OMC visit, and the break was pointed out to me. I've read online about it, and tendonites doesn't linger with the pain, like someone stepping on your wrist, almost 3 months later. I'm no doctor of course. But for my injury, I believe it to be tendonopathy. I wish you the best wherever you find your help. If there's someone who knows of a competent doctor for you, I'd sure like to know too.~wishing you the best~
LOVE

Branson, MO

#3 Nov 5, 2012
Go to Springfeild Mo! Don't get sucked in with these doctors giving you pain meds. They are all back ass ward when it comes to medications. First they gave everyone and their uncle pain meds then when they got caught now they drug test pateints like they are all drug addicts. They have caused ruin in families lives in this area with these damn pain meds all for a free vacation to a beach somewhere for useing the people of this area as test pigs for the pharmacy companies experimental drugs. We the people here expected good medical care but instead got used. Pills don't fix anything and if the studies and truth be known around these parts a whole lot of innocent folks have committed suicide because of these pills. families today are suffering because of these pills today, these doctors around here have everyone convinced they can't live without them, mix this reason with a person with low self esteme you have nothing but ruin of good people. There is no hospital in the world that goes through more exec changes like this one does if there wasn't something wrong. Walk into the lobby of OMC and you will see the pictures on the wall and these are the group of people who have caused ruin of this area for yrs and yrs. Go to Springfeild Mo.
Agree

Branson, MO

#4 Nov 5, 2012
LOVE wrote:
Go to Springfeild Mo! Don't get sucked in with these doctors giving you pain meds. They are all back ass ward when it comes to medications. First they gave everyone and their uncle pain meds then when they got caught now they drug test pateints like they are all drug addicts. They have caused ruin in families lives in this area with these damn pain meds all for a free vacation to a beach somewhere for useing the people of this area as test pigs for the pharmacy companies experimental drugs. We the people here expected good medical care but instead got used. Pills don't fix anything and if the studies and truth be known around these parts a whole lot of innocent folks have committed suicide because of these pills. families today are suffering because of these pills today, these doctors around here have everyone convinced they can't live without them, mix this reason with a person with low self esteme you have nothing but ruin of good people. There is no hospital in the world that goes through more exec changes like this one does if there wasn't something wrong. Walk into the lobby of OMC and you will see the pictures on the wall and these are the group of people who have caused ruin of this area for yrs and yrs. Go to Springfeild Mo.
Amen! My family was ruined by these Dr.s and I agree...Go to Springfield!
Okay

Ava, MO

#5 Nov 5, 2012
There are good doctors in WP. You are doing the right thing by asking around. Dr. Reed is a good choice. Nice young man.
holy smokes

West Plains, MO

#6 Mar 26, 2014
I went to Pain Associates after hurting my back and the local doctor would not write a Rx for pain,never saw Dr Thompson only Dr Kennedy.it appeared he had become very jaded by the parade of drug addicts he treats everyday.He tried to talk me into steroid shots but from a past injury on my hand i found the shots hurt worse the problem.i refused and he got mad and jumped up and said "all you want is drugs!"then after that I didn't get to see another doctor,only the PA.This started a year of pain meds with only increased doses because I'd get where they weren't working.After trying to taper off myself,discovered I was hopelessly addicted to the meds.I called and asked to have an appt with Dr. Kennedy because I wanted to get off the meds and look for an alternative.When I told him i had tried to self medicate to try to get off.(never had a hot urine in the year)He lost his mind and didn't want to help me.I begged to be detoxed and wanted help and they offer nothing,no direction,just one last Rx and out the door i went.recieved a letter in the mail.don"t come back,don't call the office.the only reason I give 1 star is in my letter was an ad for Baxter Reginal hospital 1st stepIi went there and they were wonderful.3 day detox but still detoxing at home a week later.Oxi's! bad, bad drug!
been through it

United States

#7 Mar 26, 2014
DO NOT get involved with any pain clinic here!!! They will ruin you!!! Make your health problems worse, and absolutely ruin you with all the drugs they push on you! I am not familiar with the pain clinic ran by Thompson, just have the unfortunate experience with the other one. Not bashing anyone, just trying to save you with experienced advice.
marcy

Satellite Beach, FL

#8 Apr 3, 2014
acupunture is wonderful and works

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr NEVER HILLARY 105,395
FBI/IRS investigate His Place House of Worship 5 hr Read Up 8
Air Evac Lifeteam (Jun '12) 5 hr Work Hard and Smart 79
Trump is West Plains Voice 11 hr gravedigger is cl... 5
Grisham Properties (Feb '14) 11 hr gravedigger is cl... 46
Law and Order President Trump 11 hr gravedigger is cl... 6
Is Shawn Rhoads endorsing Trump or not? Wed eyes roll 7

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages