Attn. Armstrong Wood Products Plant E...
Exactly

West Plains, MO

#124 Jun 30, 2013
berry wrote:
lol you obviously have never heard of venture capitalists the company wants to get rid of the senior employees they don't care about quality they want to put every buck in the shareholders pockets until they have drained the place and all that is left is new employees making less with less benefits and less vacation then they sell it off to somebody else. I wish everyone had commen sense the world would be a better place the company knows they can take advantage of idiots.
EXACTLY!!! And Sad ti Say Our World Breeds Thwm Like Rabbits. Sad that all the Young ones are led to believe that all The Old Employees are just Money Hungry dumbasses that are Greedy for a pay check. Whars Even Worse is that Mo, let-a-lone West Plains, is already at the poor end of financial pole anyway. These People have worked thwir tails off and since the "young" out weigh the "old"... but obviously not in Brains... the Union will be shut out. Its like voting on the Presidwnt, the Lottery, the heavy weight title.... you really are only made to bwlieve your free, have a right, or get to be heard. WHY... because people fall, they are individuals. And are no longer concerned for the well being of others, which will eventually be them. Sad Sad aamerica!!!
wayne

Ozark, MO

#127 Jul 11, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Evidently your not an employee at this plant. These employees have had wage cuts amongst many other things while there union sister plant prospers they are not. I've had many employees communicate with me on these matters. I would just like to hear from more. Employees only please Thankyou
come on Armstrong teamsters lets make some noise
workingonthefloo r

Clarksburg, WV

#128 Jul 11, 2013
Sounds like you all in West Plains have the same concerns about bringing in a union as we did over 13 years ago here in Beverly...and yes we are still here and going strong!! We have made it through some tough times and the Teamsters have been there to make sure we get fair and equal treatment. Go Teamster and you may still bitch and gripe about pay, conditions and how your treated but at least you will have a contract the company will have to follow!! Just ask the many wrongfully terminated or suspended that have not only gotten their job back but gotten back pay when the company is found in violation of YOUR collective bargaining agreement!! GO TEAMSTERS!!
dewey

United States

#129 Jul 11, 2013
WVquestion wrote:
Maybe the WV plant doesnt want you to become union. That way they get to keep the goods all to themselves.
. I work at the WV plant. And if you want the union you can have it. All its good for is keeping lazy ppl their jobs and going behind your back to change the contract in the companies favor. So have fun with the union!
Armstrong worker

Branson, MO

#130 Jul 11, 2013
dewey wrote:
<quoted text>. I work at the WV plant. And if you want the union you can have it. All its good for is keeping lazy ppl their jobs and going behind your back to change the contract in the companies favor. So have fun with the union!
We have lazy people here now. What is going to change about that. I have seen your contract and it doesn't look all that bad to me. Maybe you should try to be more involved in with your union. As for me I will take that chance with the forming of an union here.
Sara

West Plains, MO

#131 Jul 11, 2013
Anon wrote:
Sorry that isn't going to happen. You put it on topix. Unions are only out for themselves. Just say no
Unions keep people from losing their jobs just because someone wants them out and to keep you pay grade! I'd rather pay union dues as to worry if my pay is going to be cut!
Leroy

United States

#132 Jul 12, 2013
The Unions have worked out great for Detroit and Flint Michigan.
jaymes cooper

Ozark, MO

#133 Jul 12, 2013
Armstrong it is time to vote for the teamsters
nice

United States

#134 Jul 12, 2013
jaymes cooper wrote:
Armstrong it is time to vote for the teamsters
It might be nice if you spelled his name right!(James Coope)!
Surprised

Branson, MO

#135 Jul 16, 2013
kINDA off topic but who ever is on here using James Cooper as a user name (notice the spelling you moron)you are a gutless chicken blank i have ever seen!! Grow some nads!!
Surprised

Branson, MO

#136 Jul 16, 2013
Just vote yes !! What have you got to lose besides your job!!
Armstrong worker

Branson, MO

#137 Jul 16, 2013
Surprised wrote:
Not much besides that. They (Armstrong) is slowly taking everything they can. So I will vote yes if it comes to a vote. Sometimes you have to risk something to make a statement.
ol timer

Ozark, MO

#138 Aug 4, 2013
i have worked at armstrong in west plains since before it was armstrong. so far all these years i have never had to pay anyone to be able to work there or have they ever locked the door behind me to keep me there.years ago we made those big bonuses we were making almost seven dollars an hour. four dollars more than minimum wage. you are being paid over six dollars an hour over minimum wage how do you say you are taking cuts in pay. one question about the union i know they support ups and the railroad workers.these workers get a pension plan and retirement from there dues. i have not heard anything about us getting this, are we not good enough for this or just not big enough.i know this i am sick of hearing this at work and dealing with the phone calls at home on my time,and people that i don't know coming to my house pushing this union in my face.i say let's vote and what happens, happens and quit being at each others throats at work and outside work.i know this if it comes to the union voted in the door is not locked for me i will not pay anyone to let me work or did anyone come to my house and harass me to go to work there. i made the choice on my own to work there and have paid for everything i've got with armstrong money. so let's vote now and see, i'm ready.
workingonthefloo r

Fairmont, WV

#139 Aug 4, 2013
Well ol timer, sounds like you have been with Armstrong since the Triangle Pacific days! Like a lot of us in Beverly have. Have you ever seen someone pushed out because their work was good but just wasn't liked? What about someone "wrote up" when others are working well below "goal" right next to them? What can some one do there? My guess since my non union days absolutely nothing! I know you don't think you need to "pay someone to work" I for one think it is a small price to have a voice and be heard! You are right this is not a time for you all to argue at work, it is a time to UNITE and be heard! If you don't do anything in West Plains VOTE----------
workingonthefloo r

Fairmont, WV

#140 Aug 4, 2013
Surprised wrote:
Just to let you know we at Beverly had tried to organize with a different union, unsuccessfully I might add, before the Teamsters were voted in! Guess what we still worked on, we didn't lose our job, just kept on going as you would say business as usual! By the way we saw through all the company BS--the threats, the anti union propaganda and voted with our heads! Vote------Vote YES
ol timer

Branson, MO

#141 Aug 5, 2013
yes i worked the triangle pacific days. thats the time that is always brought up when they talk about loosing so much on there bonus. yes i was there for those four dollar an hour bonuses. these people either don't know or don't remember what it takes to make that big bonus. it was blood sweat and a lot of tears. they think that they have it so bad now i wish they would open it up and run like we did then for about a month. they think that running a 110,000 is a great run and doing it just one day a week that they should make that big bonus. back in the day the goal was 137,500 and ran that everyday and have shut down an hour early before. let's go back to that and see how bad you got it now. they just don't want to work. plane and simply.
nice

United States

#142 Aug 5, 2013
ol timer wrote:
yes i worked the triangle pacific days. thats the time that is always brought up when they talk about loosing so much on there bonus. yes i was there for those four dollar an hour bonuses. these people either don't know or don't remember what it takes to make that big bonus. it was blood sweat and a lot of tears. they think that they have it so bad now i wish they would open it up and run like we did then for about a month. they think that running a 110,000 is a great run and doing it just one day a week that they should make that big bonus. back in the day the goal was 137,500 and ran that everyday and have shut down an hour early before. let's go back to that and see how bad you got it now. they just don't want to work. plane and simply.
I am sure you walk to school 5 miles one way too! We are pushing all more lumber now! Its not we don't want to work! We want a Voice! Way back then we had policies too! May not like them all but at least we knew where we stood! You go in now and they change everything for what is best for them! Example the floating holiday! We are not against Armstrong we just want a Voice! Plain and Simply!
fyi

Ava, MO

#143 Aug 5, 2013
There is an interesting article on MSN today about what Obamacare's health insurance changes are doing to companies with unions. Basically the story states that unions generally have better insurance... which in turn Obamacare considers 'Cadillac plans'... which in turn results in higher taxes for the company (WTF, so better insurance is now a bad thing?)... and the ultimate result is that the companies with unions are seeking less inclusive health coverage or are closing their business.
cabool worker

Ozark, MO

#144 Aug 6, 2013
hey nice i work at cabool transport where we are members of teamster local 245. just giving you far warning, if you want a vioce don't let local 245 represent you guys down there. they don't back you up they push worthless insurance on you and we believe they fight more for the company than for you. one good thing the insurance is dirt cheap but hope you don't need to use it. a friend of mine in springfield has the same insurance and after a surgery in his family he had to refiance his home to pay the bill. so stay away from local 245. go find a local that will support you. local 245 is the worst. we are trying to get them out.
Charper

West Plains, MO

#146 Mar 7, 2016
My dad worked at Armstrong for 17 years and was a member of the teamsters. When he passed away not only were the teamsters there for me but even attended his funeral. Keep up the good work guys. Go teamsters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Johnny R 105,297
Sick n Tired of Walmart 16 hr grave digger 3
South Howell County Ambulance (Sep '08) Sun Greg 106
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) Sun grave digger 50
FBI/IRS investigate His Place House of Worship Sun grave digger 6
Trump Plaza Motel coming to West Plains Sat grave digger 2
Trump is West Plains Voice Jul 23 grave digger 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages