Attn. Armstrong Wood Products Plant E...
home school

Austin, TX

#104 Apr 29, 2013
Unions are just middle class workers rights. This was destroyed by immigrant scab labor.
Informed

Branson, MO

#105 May 2, 2013
Hey Guys! Your getting better! you are catching on! Nice job West Plains! you are not as stupid as they once said, I wish we had been that smart! Keep checking this whole Union deal out, know your own direction, understand that a contract is a contract, no matter where it comes from. Know that the right to work issue is in Legislation as we speak! This will give you the right to be Union or not. Why is the Union trying to hurry you? Think about it, the union can not negotiate a contract fast enough, if you do not let them, this choice should be yours, let the rest ride, and see who, is who.... the choice is your's, rest a little bit and see what happens, time is on your side. Good luck, you need it!!!!!!
West Plains yes

Fairmont, WV

#106 Jun 3, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
Remember A place in West Plains called consumers? Getting A union for them resulted in them ALL being out of A job! Unions are fine in A right to work state, which missouri is not. DON'T GO UNION ! All those armstrong plants that they have shut down are still owned by them, They will shut this one down and reopen those!!!!!
West Virginia is not a right to work state and the Armstrong plant there is hiring more employees(over 200 Teamsters workers in 2013) and OBTW most of the Armstrong plants that have been idled are non Union. do your home work before you do Armstrong's biding
happy happy happy

Lancaster, PA

#107 Jun 4, 2013
funny wrote:
Hello BOB and Jerry. We ve been expecting you to chime in. Lol.
No more Jerry!!!!
workingonthefloo r

Fairmont, WV

#108 Jun 5, 2013
derekp wrote:
Beckley West Virgina is a union plant. Why did Armstrong not move it somewhere else? Because hardwood flooring plants need to be close to the source of lumber. Everything involves risk, there is a small chance the plant could be moved if it goes union, but it is small. As long as Amstrong has all the employees divided then the employees will be company lackeys at the mercy of upper management. If the employees band together then they can have some say in the pay and conditions. The question is- Do you want to work in poor conditions with less pay than other Armstrong plants or do you want to take a small risk and stand up for yourself? Employees will have to decide for themselves.
The Armstong plant is in Beverly West Virginia...small town in the north central part of the state if you have questions about it just ask I work on the floor there!!
nice

United States

#109 Jun 5, 2013
workingonthefloor wrote:
<quoted text>
The Armstong plant is in Beverly West Virginia...small town in the north central part of the state if you have questions about it just ask I work on the floor there!!
we are looking for some Beverly employees on Facebook!
Informed

Branson, MO

#110 Jun 5, 2013
Happy! happy! Happy! Wrote NO More Jerry! What a wonderful person you must be, Anyone who takes pleasure from a person losing their job, livelihood, and possible respect! Jerry Hall deserves our respect, he was there for us all, if that cost him all he had to give, then you need to evaluate your own sense-of-humor you might be the next to go! Then let's see who laughs the loudess!!!!
happy happy happy

Ozark, MO

#111 Jun 5, 2013
Jerry was a piece of crap. He would look you in the eye and lie to you. He was company man, never was there for the employee. Pawned his work off his assistant. Any time you asked him a question he would direct you to her. Yes I, along with alot of others at Armstrong are glad to see him gone. Mabe if he along with all the other management would actually stick to policy instead of playing favorites and changing policy when it suites the company he would still be there. Yes, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.
workingonthefloo r

Fairmont, WV

#112 Jun 5, 2013
nice wrote:
<quoted text> we are looking for some Beverly employees on Facebook!
There are quite a few with open profiles just add Armstrong as place of employment and send a private message...a lot of us live in Elkins wv
workingonthefloo r

Fairmont, WV

#113 Jun 5, 2013
I bet you guys in west plains are overworked....how many mandatory Saturdays do you all work? We just worked our last for the quarter, six total and have the next 4 off...woooohooo!! I'm glad the wood business is good but this is the time to take advantage of it....been Union for thirteen years and no regrets...also just the 25 cent shift in your bonus that they took from you would more than cover your union dues!!
workingonthefloo r

Fairmont, WV

#114 Jun 8, 2013
Anyone interested in talking with people who work on the floor of the Beverly plant just send me a friend add on facebook my name is Larry Crane been working for Armstrong for 14+ years. And please no company sucks!!
Informed

Branson, MO

#115 Jun 8, 2013
This is exactly what the union wants us to do> Get at each others throats! be happy that a co-worker lost their job. The next person could be you! Okay! Who do you work with that is going to be dancing at your funeral??????? More than likely the person working next to you!!!!!! Open your eyes, cover your own butt, NOBODY, UNION OR COMPANY IS GOING TO DO IT FOR YOU, GET A CLUE,KNOW WHAT DIRECTION YOUR GOING, YOU MIGHT JUST MEET JERRY HALL IN THE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE!!!!!!!!
berry

West Plains, MO

#116 Jun 8, 2013
Informed wrote:
This is exactly what the union wants us to do> Get at each others throats! be happy that a co-worker lost their job. The next person could be you! Okay! Who do you work with that is going to be dancing at your funeral??????? More than likely the person working next to you!!!!!! Open your eyes, cover your own butt, NOBODY, UNION OR COMPANY IS GOING TO DO IT FOR YOU, GET A CLUE,KNOW WHAT DIRECTION YOUR GOING, YOU MIGHT JUST MEET JERRY HALL IN THE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE!!!!!!!!
your a dumbazz
True DAT

Ozark, MO

#117 Jun 14, 2013
Fools wrote:
I think Some people at Armstrog think that keeping the union out wins them points with management.
This is so true.I know one first hand the biggest ass kisser there. Brain works 3rd on.
Anon

Charleston, WV

#118 Jun 14, 2013
neighbors wrote:
<quoted text>
Which jobs did the unions kill at armstrong WV plant?
None, in fact they have added over 200 jobs.
Disabled ex Armstrong

Reeds Spring, MO

#119 Jun 19, 2013
happy happy happy wrote:
Jerry was a piece of crap. He would look you in the eye and lie to you. He was company man, never was there for the employee. Pawned his work off his assistant. Any time you asked him a question he would direct you to her. Yes I, along with alot of others at Armstrong are glad to see him gone. Mabe if he along with all the other management would actually stick to policy instead of playing favorites and changing policy when it suites the company he would still be there. Yes, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.
Amen to that !! Jerry was a straight up prick who lied and I am speaking from experience . I worked at the Armstrong plant for 9 years and worked on all three shifts over the years and was a lead man on 2nd shift for 2 1/2 years of that time . I got hurt on the job and was refused treatment and then was told I lied about my injury and thanks to Jerry Hall and his fake report he turned in I was then told that I was on my own and could go to the doctor finally on my own. I went to the doctor and found out that I had a severely injured left shoulder from a re injured shoulder that had been injured 5 years earlier while throwing boards that had fallen off the tilt. Jerry said they had no record of a prior injury and insisted that I was making it all up. I went on FMLA and saw a doctor on my own because Armstrong has an unspoken policy of not letting injured workers go to the doctor for treatment for fear of their precious SAFETY BONUS . I found out after x rays that I needed surgery which was to be a complete left shoulder replacement which I had done just three months after taking short term disability from Armstrong which pays next to nothing compared to your wages ( about $125 a week ). So to make a longer story short I am now on Social Security disability and cannot work now due to having just 30% max usage of my left arm and permanent nerve damage which causes me to involuntarily drop things . This is all thanks to Jerry Hall and the safety guy who was there at the time ( another real prick of a guy ). Now whether a Union coming to Armstrong in West Plains would be good or not that is debatable but I can tell you I worked within the Boiler Makers Union for five years and all I can say is the Pay was awesome and the benefits were way better than non union workers by far .
derekp

Ozark, MO

#120 Jun 19, 2013
Disabled ex Armstrong wrote:
<quoted text> Amen to that !! Jerry was a straight up prick who lied and I am speaking from experience . I worked at the Armstrong plant for 9 years and worked on all three shifts over the years and was a lead man on 2nd shift for 2 1/2 years of that time . I got hurt on the job and was refused treatment and then was told I lied about my injury and thanks to Jerry Hall and his fake report he turned in I was then told that I was on my own and could go to the doctor finally on my own. I went to the doctor and found out that I had a severely injured left shoulder from a re injured shoulder that had been injured 5 years earlier while throwing boards that had fallen off the tilt. Jerry said they had no record of a prior injury and insisted that I was making it all up. I went on FMLA and saw a doctor on my own because Armstrong has an unspoken policy of not letting injured workers go to the doctor for treatment for fear of their precious SAFETY BONUS . I found out after x rays that I needed surgery which was to be a complete left shoulder replacement which I had done just three months after taking short term disability from Armstrong which pays next to nothing compared to your wages ( about $125 a week ). So to make a longer story short I am now on Social Security disability and cannot work now due to having just 30% max usage of my left arm and permanent nerve damage which causes me to involuntarily drop things . This is all thanks to Jerry Hall and the safety guy who was there at the time ( another real prick of a guy ). Now whether a Union coming to Armstrong in West Plains would be good or not that is debatable but I can tell you I worked within the Boiler Makers Union for five years and all I can say is the Pay was awesome and the benefits were way better than non union workers by far .
This a perfect example of what paying union dues and being apart of a union benefits workers. It is why huge companies like Armstrong fight union organizing so much. It forces them to treat people right instead of pushing them out the door with nothing. With a union what happened to this person would be next to impossible.
NothingLeftToLos e

United States

#121 Jun 20, 2013
Go UNION. Armstrong Can Not get any worse. They have already taken away the benefits of a Good Job for Good Workers. Points Systems down, Bonuses down, Lack of Care down... DO YOU REALLY HAVE ANYTHING LEFT TO LOSE??????????
ready

Ozark, MO

#122 Jun 20, 2013
Okay! Iv'e read all these people calling each other names... Fine aren't we all suppose to be on the same page? Let's take alook, our vacations are going to be gone! Over-time is soon to follow,the union is going to come in and give us what we already had back to us, and charge us dues to do it!!!!! I'ts called retaliation, this company is not stupid, they have done this before, they are ready for the Union and You! It is only going to cost the working person at Bruce's, keep what you have, put your money in your own pocket, the Company and the Union is ready for YOU!!!!!!
berry

West Plains, MO

#123 Jun 20, 2013
lol you obviously have never heard of venture capitalists the company wants to get rid of the senior employees they don't care about quality they want to put every buck in the shareholders pockets until they have drained the place and all that is left is new employees making less with less benefits and less vacation then they sell it off to somebody else. I wish everyone had commen sense the world would be a better place the company knows they can take advantage of idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Citizen 105,934
what happened to the regency hotel?? (Dec '13) 4 hr grave digger 6
Mistress in town 6 hr grave digger 55
Be Informed (Oct '15) 6 hr grave digger 8
Ashley Allen Homewrecker 20 hr CountyGirl 22 9
Savors 21 hr grave digger 7
Dr. That will still prescripbe pain meds? 21 hr grave digger 8

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages