hdhfc

United States

#84 Apr 6, 2013
Why don't we just get together and vote, and see what happens
Really

Ava, MO

#85 Apr 7, 2013
Wow! Iv'e been gone for awhile! Life has gotten in my way, but Bruce's Armstrong has helped me threw this tough time, and I still have my job.... To begin with we at Armstrong are not COWARDS, whether we vote Union or not does not lable us as anymore than who we are! People making an honest living, we know where we stand in this company! We know what we need and want in life! get a clue states that we can get unemployment, and an education if this plant goes down: Okay! Where have you been? The unemployment rate has been so bad, that it's used up all there is to give! there is NOTHING left for us, look at it like this, weve been working while the rest of the world is collecting! Check it out!Alright Joe 4729; Do you have kids? Your job is so belittled to you that tomorrow you won't have a check!!!! Job means to work for a living, like it or not we have got to sweat alittle, to receive a pay check! The union can not change the job we do. They can not come in and do the job we do! They can take more money from our checks and swear it's for our own good' Hum! Think about it, they say we can vote the Union out! Sure we can four years later, after we have paid all those dues and padded their pockets! Goes to show, we either keep our "Lack" of money in our plant, or we give it to where is this Union out of? Did anybody ask? Gee! What a good question, where will our dues go? What state will get to party, or do as they please with our money?????What do the Unions do with all this money? If things do go "GREAT" after the Union comes in,then what do they do with our money? Really, think about it. Personally I'd rather have money in my pocket than to foolishly give it to a person who already has more money than I will make in a lifetime!!!!
employee

United States

#86 Apr 8, 2013
We ve already asked these questions to them and they've answered them for us. Were still for it you obviously are not and that's ok so no sense in telling you.
funny

United States

#87 Apr 8, 2013
Hello BOB and Jerry. We ve been expecting you to chime in. Lol.
ryecatcher

Ozark, MO

#88 Apr 8, 2013
People at Armstrong are too ignorant to even help themselves. They have been inculcated into the worship of corporate greed. The crumbs they are tossed are all they desevre.
employee

United States

#89 Apr 8, 2013
Wow what did we ever do to you. We just want to turn our ruling company into a democratic level field nothing more.
Really

Ava, MO

#90 Apr 9, 2013
m I Union? Or am I one of you?
Really

Ava, MO

#91 Apr 9, 2013
What a question? Who pay's who to put these messeges on this page? Am I Union paid? Or Company? Who am I? Don't want to talk up front! Not comfortable letting it be known? Like the rest of you sure kinda shy! I'm Union paid, I'm paid to make you unsure! Thats what I do make you unsure! Uncomfortable in your own life! Can't do it on your own? You have managed for all these years, now why should you think that outside help is what you need? Okay! Now who am I? Who is telling you the truth? Anyone can get on this net and give you a line of BULL! The answer is I AM ONE OF YOU! I am a part of you! NOW do you care that what you do effects me too?????? All I ask is that you think before you vote!!!!
Informed

Seymour, MO

#92 Apr 15, 2013
went to the Union meeting, has anybody ask when the next Union negotiations are in West Virginia? What are they up against? Does West Plains get more or less? What is the price of living in Virginia compared to West Plains? Do you know that they pay at least two dollars a gallon more for milk? Now were going to place our vote on what they make, or can't get in their next negotiation! They are going up against this resecession , it wasn't there the last time! Set back West Plains see what this Union does for West Virginia before you let loose the Lion on West Plains!!!! The next negotiations in Virginia will rock your world! Life is a move maker; Watch and see then make your move, you have only time, take it then make your choice' 2014 is only around the corner........
Former union member

Dallas, TX

#93 Apr 15, 2013
My first job as an adult was in a grocery store that had a union. While I cannot remember if it was $30 a month or per paycheck, I often wondered if my dues helped at all. I was 18 and was not really educated about how unions worked. Minimum wage was $3.35 an hour then. I was making $8 an hour so I never complained about the $30 or $60 a month I paid in dues. After being there about a year we lost the union. Pay cuts shortly followed. I went from $8 an hour to $6 an hour. That was a loss of $160 a month. That was a much bigger chunk than what I was giving the union. I came to miss being in one! I have not had a Union job since and do not know how I would feel about it now. Unions cannot guarantee job security, but it may get you more money in your pocket while the business is still open and the Union is not lost. I cannot recall why we lost ours (so many years ago and I was just a dumb kid), but you can lose them.
bill

West Plains, MO

#94 Apr 16, 2013
Informed wrote:
went to the Union meeting, has anybody ask when the next Union negotiations are in West Virginia? What are they up against? Does West Plains get more or less? What is the price of living in Virginia compared to West Plains? Do you know that they pay at least two dollars a gallon more for milk? Now were going to place our vote on what they make, or can't get in their next negotiation! They are going up against this resecession , it wasn't there the last time! Set back West Plains see what this Union does for West Virginia before you let loose the Lion on West Plains!!!! The next negotiations in Virginia will rock your world! Life is a move maker; Watch and see then make your move, you have only time, take it then make your choice' 2014 is only around the corner........
i believe they negotiated ther contract in 2011 right in the middle of the recession dumbazz
Informed

Ava, MO

#95 Apr 17, 2013
Hello Bill, Union rep are you? Needless to say Ass is with two ss's, which makes you one! Any person who makes an ass out of themselves to try and make an ASS out of another is an ASS!!!!!! Okay why do you not want these people of West Plains to take their time? Is it because The right to work bill is up for 2014, they say it slid by last year, fine maybe, but this next year belongs to the right to work people! Making Union a choice, not a force!!!! Think West Plains, see if you want to pay, or give time to your choice, we did'nt and now we pay! And Pay! Now how much your dues will be, by how much an hour, that will make them more. Be informed, you might be paying more than the person standing next to you!!!!!!
undecided

Ozark, MO

#96 Apr 21, 2013
OK my question is this.........if the union is so good or even so bad then what and where does all this money go that people are paying from these dues?? If 210 people paid $40.00 a month for a year that is over $100,000 a year!! And that is just 40 bucks a month. Either way you look at West Plains plant is a good plant with a few issues but what makes you so sure that with a union it is going to be a carefree work place.? Once people get it in their head that they are "union" i think you will start seeing a lot of "slacking" going on. Then what....product gets trashy,people get careless and then accidents happen so there goes your safety awards(if you still get to keep them) so consider the facts folks. A union is just like a president or congressman....they tell you what you want to hear and after they are in well.......you know the rest of the story. And yes i agree they need a pay increase and better ins. but maybe if the system wasn't abused then we wouldn't have to deal with high ins. premiums anyway but that is a whole other topic lol.

Branson, MO

#97 Apr 21, 2013
I am a vested union member. I have a retirement, cheap health insurance,which is good health insurance I might add, and the highest hourly wages within a 100 mile radius. You do the math.
undecided

Ozark, MO

#98 Apr 22, 2013
Member wrote:
I am a vested union member. I have a retirement, cheap health insurance,which is good health insurance I might add, and the highest hourly wages within a 100 mile radius. You do the math.
IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING WHAT ARE YOU CALLING CHEAP HEALTH INS. and is it family or just yourself? And the highest hourly wage within a 100 mile radius..........that's a pretty good radius. Not saying i don't believe you, just curious.
for union

Taneyville, MO

#99 Apr 22, 2013
I will vote to go union. Better pay cheaper insurance, We have lost so much of our bonus, what's 35 or 40 dollars a month going to hurt in membership dues, they will keep upping our production in order to take our bonus anyways. What gets me is upper management in there nice dressed suites making all the money they make while we employees work our brains out for little to nothing. they can afford to pay us better and to offer cheaper insurance, Management is just scared because they know they will have to treat us fair if union comes in, Its all about greed, they have become very greedy, and it needs to stop, if they don't want union then why don't they try to fix the problem.
undecided

Ozark, MO

#100 Apr 22, 2013
In case you all don't know........if the union goes in which i seriously doubt it will any changes at all won't be seen for at least one and a half to two years. What do you think will happen in that amount of time??? You will give up money so someone can represent you and try to strike up a deal with the company so that means if you give 40 bucks a month for two years that's 960 dollars just to wait on something to happen. Do you think you lose almost a thousand dollars in that time frame the way it is now? Don't get me wrong, i am not totally against this union thing but there is a lot to consider before you just say yes. A good example is when you are looking at a house to buy and it looks real good on the outside and maybe the interior is just what you wanted.... so you believe that the real estate agent knows what he/she is talking about and you buy it but don't look in to it like foundation,termite damage,insulation and so on but guess what..you already signed the papers and all that good talk from the representative< is just going to cost you in the long run. And as far as cost of ins. it's not just the company here in WP,do a little research and find out who is paying for what and then check around at the cost of living in lets say Beverly;it is much easier to pay 4 bucks for a gallon of milk here then 6 in West Virginia folks.Like i said earlier,not against it but just consider everything before you make a final decision, Remember this is your family also that it will affect not just you.. Just a thought.
undecided

Ozark, MO

#101 Apr 22, 2013
Here is a link to the Teamsters 245 that is being proposed for Armstrong in West Plains. It should go to the faq page to let you read a few questions and hear it straight from them.http://www.unionfacts.com /article/union-member-resource s/your-rights-faq/
Just Saying

United States

#102 Apr 23, 2013
Here is the scoop. The cost of living in Beverly West Virgina is just lower than it is here in West Plains (dont believe me...look it up and see it in black and white). They are paid more and there insurance is better and almost half as much. As far as union dues...it is based on your base wage. If the union is voted in they will start contract talks which all terms of the contract are voted on by the employees. Once the contract and terms are agreed upon it takes effect. I dont know about you but I am tired of all of the being bent over without even a kiss on the neck by corperate and all their smoke blowing. I believe that the employees should have a say so and that is why I believe the union will be a good thing. I agree you need to educate yourself but do so on both sides of the issue not just one.

Sparta, MO

#103 Apr 28, 2013
undecided wrote:
<quoted text>
IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING WHAT ARE YOU CALLING CHEAP HEALTH INS. and is it family or just yourself? And the highest hourly wage within a 100 mile radius..........that's a pretty good radius. Not saying i don't believe you, just curious.
About 45 bucks a month is my out of pocket. That is what I am calling cheap,, and yes that is a pretty good radius.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 26 min Obama Bitches 99,361
Handyman services 45 min tim 43
Check your Wal-Mart receipt.. (Sep '11) 50 min tim 72
The race-war chickens have come home to roost 56 min tim 5
what's up with moe 3 hr The 4th Stooge 2
American film based on the true story of what a... 3 hr SPAM ALERT 2
jc penney (Aug '12) 4 hr Annie 11
West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info