What 2 do when ur paying childsupport...

What 2 do when ur paying childsupport for kids who may not be urs ?

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dna question any advice

Ava, MO

#1 Jun 24, 2011
anyone know the missouri law on how to demand a dna test on a child or children who were brought into a marriage and is already court ordered to pay but was warned by a very useful scorce claiming my ex said that one or two might not be mine .I want to believe they are mine but I want facts too . Please help with any advice .
huh

Sparta, MO

#2 Jun 24, 2011
You need to be talking to an attorney, not asking what your options are on Topix.....If you are paying child support and a test has never been done to prove paternity, you may request one from the state if you have doubts.
snakebite

Jefferson City, MO

#3 Jun 24, 2011
You do not need an attorney. Just refuse to pay then CSE will make ypu take a mouth swab. then once it is proved you are the father (you pay support) However I dont believe that you will be reimbersed if you have been paying and they are't yous. Goodluck
joe Shmoe

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2011
That's not true, you will be reimbursed if found not to be yours. But not paying cs and insisting a dna won't work either. You have to either hire legal counsel, or you can buy dna kits online that you send back off to a lab and they send you results in a couple weeks for about 70 a test. A lot cheaper than a attorney, then Dcse will do their own to confirm such results, it may be hoops to jump but I would rather know than guess.

“Meh”

Since: Jan 11

Under your bed

#5 Jun 24, 2011
Call the Maury show.
yah

United States

#6 Jun 24, 2011
Jerry Jerry Jerry!!!
what site do I go 4 dna

Sparta, MO

#7 Jun 25, 2011
testing we need to know as well I find some of this info is important. I think it sucks mo is going to change the law again and make us men pay support for the w hores who could not keep their legs closed bringing a baby in the marriage and making us pay for a child not ours.We need to do something their dad should have to pay not us.

“Meh”

Under your bed

#8 Jun 25, 2011
what site do I go 4 dna wrote:
testing we need to know as well I find some of this info is important. I think it sucks mo is going to change the law again and make us men pay support for the w hores who could not keep their legs closed bringing a baby in the marriage and making us pay for a child not ours.We need to do something their dad should have to pay not us.
The problem is people don't know how the system works and they'll make no effort to work it.

You get a dna test. If the kid is yours, you pay and exercise your visitation rights. If the kid is not yours and you still have to pay, you sue the real father to get your money back.

That's how it works. If you're not the father you don't automatically get your money back. Courts don't work like that. You have to poke and prod them like a stuborn mule.
Then there's petitioning the court to get your name off the birth certificate and reliquishing parental rights and so on.
It's work, boring, tedious work and if you don't want to go through it all, then you just have to pay.
Think about this duh

Ava, MO

#9 Jun 25, 2011
you think since they have been allowing someone else to raise another mans child or children and have them pay the support on the chld or children they are going to ruin their rep by confessing who the real father is due to the fear of judgement ? Duh most women want to look good in another mans eyes so they keep the lies to themselves so they won't have to deal with anything .
dadshouse

United States

#10 Jun 25, 2011
There is a group called dadshouse on yahoo. It is a support group for dads having paternity and custody issues. You can ask questions and others will try to help you. There are even a couple lawyers that are members. They have all kinds of info in a manual plus links to forms if you are wanting to file prose {without a lawyer}. Good luck and hope this helps you!

“Meh”

Under your bed

#11 Jun 25, 2011
In joint custody issues, a confession isn't needed.
While in the care of the curious parent, the kids can be taken in without the mothers permission,(joint custody means no one parent has more rights than the other) and a DNA test done.
It's just a mouth swab, no pain or blood involved and there are now labs where you need niether a court order or a doctors recomendation.

Just spend the money, get the test done, and DON'T take it out on the kids.

If you're not the dad, sue. You have that right. You will NOT be automatically reimursed. The court is not the one collecting the money. Your ex gets that, it's not up to the courts to pay you back.
your off on info mr pk

Cross Timbers, MO

#12 Jun 25, 2011
mr pk your a little off on your info . Read missouri state law on what jay nixion passed in 09 . It clearly states that when father does the dna test and they find the child or children not to be his the court can deside to still continue to have the the ncp pay or not, it all depends on whats best for child or children . Now when there was cheating involed in marriage and ex partner can prove it and having a dna test that clearly states the child or children are not his , his ex can be ordered to pay in full the amount she has recieved if that is what the judge orders .

“Meh”

Under your bed

#13 Jun 25, 2011
your off on info mr pk wrote:
mr pk your a little off on your info . Read missouri state law on what jay nixion passed in 09 . It clearly states that when father does the dna test and they find the child or children not to be his the court can deside to still continue to have the the ncp pay or not, it all depends on whats best for child or children . Now when there was cheating involed in marriage and ex partner can prove it and having a dna test that clearly states the child or children are not his , his ex can be ordered to pay in full the amount she has recieved if that is what the judge orders .
If a person is married and has kids and it is found that the kids are not the husbands, then it stands to reason there was cheating involved. And if there was cheating that resulted in the birth of a child, then the child would be proof of the cheating.

Either way, nothing can be proved without first getting that dna test.
Also laws stand as they are if allowed to go unchallenged. Asl any first year law student.
I heard

United States

#14 Jun 26, 2011
I heard that the cheater in the marriage could get into some type of trouble when divorce is brought to the court as long as there is proof and mr p kitty is right if there was a child brought into the marriage and dna proves not to be the fathers child that is proof in its self but what if you find out after divorce is all settled is it to late to report if I want to press a case once I find proof and dna test. Is it to late to make an issue of it ? I would like to see my kid more and was hopeing to prove her unfit as well . I have two but firmly believe one is not mine and its in the lab now .
Just me

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Jun 27, 2011
Seen dna test sold at walgreens, u buy them then send them in to be tested
to just me

Ava, MO

#16 Jun 28, 2011
thanks for the info , I know someone who needs it. Are they over the counter ? Or do they need to ask for them ?
just wondering humm

Ava, MO

#17 Jun 28, 2011
How could the store bought dna test work ? How are they going to prove by not having a witness there when test is done ?
umm

United States

#18 Jun 28, 2011
just wondering humm wrote:
How could the store bought dna test work ? How are they going to prove by not having a witness there when test is done ?
. They are NOT admissable in court, they are more for a FYI or opening a door to legal proceedings. Its for peace of mind for some folks.
24 something online at WM

Ozark, MO

#19 Jun 29, 2011
Its $24 something if you order it online by walmart you do not have to have mother presant nor get permission to do so as long as your name is on the birthrecords. What you do is buy the product read instructions on how to do it then you pay an extra 119 for the lab to test it for your peace of mind now if you want it to be legal for an extra 200.00 that can be done as well by the same lab and number will be listed with the kit . It cost elsewhere like 600.00 and up . You can as well if you chose not to use the mother for the test one other child can use the extra swab but that will cost you an extra $89 for the lab but so worth it . Now if you pay child support and one or more of the kids are not yours CS wont make you pay, the state will so it will save you money by proving first, then tell CS who you think are not yours only because if the child is yours you are going to be stuck with the bill so theres a thought for you today. I hope I helped thanks.
Been there done that

Haslet, TX

#20 Jul 18, 2012
I have been through this situation. Any test you buy online or at the store will not hold up in court. All you do is go to dfs and demand a DNA test. You can pretty much kiss the child support you have already paid goodbye and know in tour heart you took care of a child. There is a chance you can get it back but 6/10 it don't happen. Good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 min Norton 107,559
Obama dont like white people 2 hr nothim 1
Walmart 11 hr MeetMrsDick 12
Chuck farley 16 hr Richard 8
National Debt At 18 TRILLION And Counting (Jan '15) 18 hr Human 129
Rebecca Reynolds (Sep '09) 20 hr hippo 10
Trump trade deal with North Pole. Wed DICK 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages