Overkiller

Pineville, AR

#1 Mar 15, 2013
I heard him say on his radio show this morning that the Bible says that children shouldn't be punished for their fathers sins. Is this correct? and where does it say it?
me and me

Branson, MO

#2 Mar 15, 2013
Overkiller wrote:
I heard him say on his radio show this morning that the Bible says that children shouldn't be punished for their fathers sins. Is this correct? and where does it say it?
You can go to bible.org and itwill tell you!
Overkiller

Pineville, AR

#3 Mar 15, 2013
me and me wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go to bible.org and itwill tell you!
I'll check it out but it just made me wonder why God punishes us for what Adam and Eve did if this notion is indeed true. Thanks.
me and me

Branson, MO

#4 Mar 15, 2013
I don't think we get punished. I think we are tested and challenged thru out our lives. Some are just easier and we learn from these tests and get stronger for the next one!
amateur theologian

Columbia, MO

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Indeed the opposite is true. It says "the sins of the fathers shall be passed on to their children, even to the third and fourth generation."
wonders

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2013
So everything bad happens to me because of what a previous generation did??
history

Branson, MO

#7 Mar 19, 2013
My Forefathers must have been really really bad!
Overkiller

Pineville, AR

#8 Mar 19, 2013
wonders wrote:
So everything bad happens to me because of what a previous generation did??
I dunno, you tell me. Why don't we still have access to the Garden? Instead we are apparently having to live under Gods curses. Seems to me that Adam and Eve were the guilty party and the offspring have been punished ever since. Hmmmm...... This changes everything.
Overkiller

Pineville, AR

#9 Mar 19, 2013
amateur theologian wrote:
Indeed the opposite is true. It says "the sins of the fathers shall be passed on to their children, even to the third and fourth generation."
I did not know this. This could be the very reason we are not created equal after all.
wonders

United States

#10 Mar 19, 2013
Saddens me horribly that what my kids dad has done will be punishment for them
Overkiller

Salem, AR

#11 Mar 19, 2013
wonders wrote:
Saddens me horribly that what my kids dad has done will be punishment for them
I know, Something isn't right about all of this. I suppose most people would overlook this or explain it away, but it definitely isn't something a fair and just being would do. It now makes me wonder when Adam and Eves' eyes were opened if their perception of God changed.
just me

Branson, MO

#12 Mar 19, 2013
Very interesting! The Bible is hard to understand and it rarely means exactly what it says. I do know because I've been there...God really wants us to love thy neighbor. That is repeated again and again in the Bible. Sometimes it's hard and the Lord does have a sense of humor, He sometimes makes it damn near immposible for us to "Love Thy Neighbor". I do have to work at that one every single day!
just me too

Branson, MO

#13 Mar 19, 2013
Thc comment above
amateur theologian

United States

#14 Mar 20, 2013
Don't forget the opposite is also true "Whatsoever a man sows (or plants) that shall he also reap (or harvest)." I make it a point every day to plant good things in the lives of my children so they will grow up to be better than me.
Overkiller

Mountain Home, AR

#15 Mar 21, 2013
amateur theologian wrote:
Don't forget the opposite is also true "Whatsoever a man sows (or plants) that shall he also reap (or harvest)." I make it a point every day to plant good things in the lives of my children so they will grow up to be better than me.
Nothing wrong with that philosophy. Words to live by.
well

Hollister, MO

#16 Mar 21, 2013
if you believe in all that mumbo jumbo then perhaps what it is saying is exactly what has been going on in the world. Everything you do today will effect the future generations, we havent been taking care of our earth and our children will suffer for it and so forth.
Overkiller

Mountain Home, AR

#17 Mar 22, 2013
well wrote:
if you believe in all that mumbo jumbo then perhaps what it is saying is exactly what has been going on in the world. Everything you do today will effect the future generations, we havent been taking care of our earth and our children will suffer for it and so forth.
Yes and that's exactly the problem with all that "Mumbo Jumbo" it's all subjective. It's all based in faith and what you want to believe about it instead of the way it really is which explains why their are so many different beliefs and so many different denominations and why nobody really knows what's going on here. The children may suffer for the actions of their parents but my point is that only an unjust being would punish someone for what their great-great-great,etc. grandparents did and if the Bible does state this then it should be glaringly obvious that the punisher is in the wrong. Furthermore, if we can't or won't judge the creators morals then how do we know what we are worshiping? What a better way to deceive the whole world than to threaten people with eternal Damnation if they don't obey or agree with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shane young (Feb '12) 46 min Stop the killing 5
All retiring at once 2 hr SKEPTICAL 13
Democrats are lost 3 hr Christian Patriot 36
Cartoon Characters on KY3 3 hr Christian Patriot 5
Nashville Waffle House shooting 3 hr Christian Patriot 30
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Christian Patriot 110,401
my lady parts smell (Nov '13) 10 hr Christian Patriot 26

West Plains Jobs

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages