First Prev
of 4
Next Last
billie

West Plains, MO

#1 Jun 21, 2013
good luck guys I hope you form a very strong union and show these greedy corperate basterds you can stand for yourselves.
Jimmy Hoffa

Branson, MO

#2 Jun 21, 2013
We will crush them!
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#3 Jun 21, 2013
let the grave digger tell you a story about the unions,,,ups went on union strike,,,the workers wanted more money for less hours,,,then came along a non union company called fed ex to take over the parcel service,,,but didnt work and ups went back to work,,,all cuz the union bastards didnt want their company name to be,,,fed-up,,,ha haa haaa,,,some unions are good only if they give each worker their own contract for 25yrs,,,this hoffa type unions dont work cuz those bastards have more greed then the boards of these companies,,,and the more power a union gets the less the workers work,,,cuz they forget who they work for and think everything should be givin them for nothing,,,sorry sons a bitches,,,ha haa haaa,,,ps,,,the pigs ate hoffa and this means most on here ate him to,,,ha haa haaa,,,
ups

United States

#4 Jun 27, 2013
I work for UPS and work dam hard for our money. We put in a lot of hours and the teamsters are loved by me and my coworkers they've never lied or promised anything that they can't keep to us. They've been the best thing to happen to us at UPS. You won't regret voting them in even your other plant has posted on here that they've never regretted it. The one thing you need to fear is not getting it in cause your company will turn on you then cause they can. Were all rooting for you here at UPS Armstrong. Go Teamster they will help you
rocco

United States

#6 Jul 28, 2013
are they a gay based union?
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#7 Jul 28, 2013
go teamsters,,,isnt that what detroit used to say?,,,
nice

United States

#8 Jul 28, 2013
All the stupid lies and stuff that Armstrong post and puts on the tables, makes me want the Union for sure! Why can't they just be honest! Go teamsters!
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#9 Jul 28, 2013
nice wrote:
All the stupid lies and stuff that Armstrong post and puts on the tables, makes me want the Union for sure! Why can't they just be honest! Go teamsters!
armstrong cant get a union,,,they deal in wood products for homes,,,then they wouldnt be able to lay people off,,,cut hours,,,shifts,,,and would be closed within 5 yrs,,,the only way any company survives when a union wants in,,,is not let the union in but make all employees share holders into the company,,,this happens all the time and when your an employee/part owner,,,you want better for the company and dont become lazy like your owed more for less work,,,like the unions make their members,,,they walk slower,,,they bitch and complain more,,,they lose all pride in their work,,,old man hoffa had the right idea at the time,,,times are diffrent today then they were back then,,,we have a min wage base,,,osha safty rules,,,all the things old man hoffa wanted,,,now their laws that all companies have to follow,,,a union is a good thing but in the long run,,,ruins companies,,,for an example,,,cf freight trucking company,,,all union,,,the workers the biggest cry babies in the buisness,,,the lazyest employees in the buisness,,,the highest paid and most bennifits in the buisness,,,guess what the company had to do after 30 yrs of union stronghold?,,,they baught a non union trucking company out west and shifted all the accounts to the non union company and shut the cf doors for good,,,all cuz the employees wanted more more more for less work less work less work,,,all cuz a union came in and the employees all lost their pride in their job,,,dont chase this company away from west plains,,,cuz west plains aint got many,,,
john

Ozark, MO

#10 Jul 29, 2013
nice wrote:
I heard chris orveck made up that flyer
john

Ozark, MO

#11 Jul 29, 2013
and I heard all of the 2nd and 3rd shift supervisors are threatening there employees telling them if they vote for the union they will get fired or close the plant down its just scare tactics they can loose there job for telling employees that and trust me eyes are watching them closely.
Armstrong worker

Branson, MO

#12 Jul 29, 2013
That is what I am hearing about 2nd and 3rd shift too. I have not been told anything like that but it is a violation to do that and charges can be brought against Armstrong for doing that.
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#13 Jul 29, 2013
john wrote:
and I heard all of the 2nd and 3rd shift supervisors are threatening there employees telling them if they vote for the union they will get fired or close the plant down its just scare tactics they can loose there job for telling employees that and trust me eyes are watching them closely.
you dont think if an employee is in the union they cant be fired,,,you better check again,,,cuz they can and do within all unions,,,the unions take your money and draw up a contract between the employes and the company,,,and you can be fired for being as lazy as you were before the union comes in,,,or being late,,,doing drugs,,,fighting,,,stealing,,, all of these the union cant and wont help you,,,maybe just get you a few more cents per hour and earned payed vacation time,,,but the unions cant even protect you against the obamacare laws when fully kicked in and they are coming,,,and this will put a hardship on armstrong to restructure their employees paid benifits,,,then with a union involved,,,armstrong is screwed 10 ways to none,,,but so will most the employees,,,facts suck in todays world,,,
phil

Ozark, MO

#14 Jul 30, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>you dont think if an employee is in the union they cant be fired,,,you better check again,,,cuz they can and do within all unions,,,the unions take your money and draw up a contract between the employes and the company,,,and you can be fired for being as lazy as you were before the union comes in,,,or being late,,,doing drugs,,,fighting,,,stealing,,, all of these the union cant and wont help you,,,maybe just get you a few more cents per hour and earned payed vacation time,,,but the unions cant even protect you against the obamacare laws when fully kicked in and they are coming,,,and this will put a hardship on armstrong to restructure their employees paid benifits,,,then with a union involved,,,armstrong is screwed 10 ways to none,,,but so will most the employees,,,facts suck in todays world,,,
Armstrongs benefits suck it costs us 400 a month for family that doesn't pay anything and if they go to 3 12 hour days you will only get 34 hours a week and we will be part time so they wont have to offer us insurance.
Armstrong worker

Branson, MO

#15 Jul 30, 2013
@grave digger - no one is talking about not being able to get fired. If you do your job, do it safely and follow the rules you have nothing to worry about. No different than not being union.

@phil - The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) does not define full-time employment or part-time employment. This is a matter generally to be determined by the employer.

In the end it's about not losing anymore than we already have and trying to get back some of what we have lost. Being treated fairly and with respect.
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#16 Jul 30, 2013
phil wrote:
<quoted text> Armstrongs benefits suck it costs us 400 a month for family that doesn't pay anything and if they go to 3 12 hour days you will only get 34 hours a week and we will be part time so they wont have to offer us insurance.
a way to get out of the obamalaws that are coming to every company in america,,,can you blame them/.,,,
OMG

West Plains, MO

#17 Aug 1, 2013
Go union. Then get ready to go unemployed. Its that simple
udntknome

West Plains, MO

#18 Aug 2, 2013
most unions are incredible with excellent pensions.. I wish armstong employees the best and I hope the nay sayers get there head outta theyr ass.. ijs.. dnt vote against urself do wats good for ur family not the corporations .. they steal from u everyday!!! pay attention
onion

Ozark, MO

#19 Aug 2, 2013
I believe that there is no way in he ll that armstrong will retaliate against a union in WP. Sales are so good right now and they need so much flooring. If you dont get it done now, you never will. when do you think is the best time to bring a union ... when things are good or when business is slow???
onion

Ozark, MO

#20 Aug 2, 2013
How many union plants does Armstrong have? Do they get paid more than Wp? Do they have better benefits? Why? Are the union plants more productive? Is it fair to pay the wp workers less just because they dont have a union? Just read a report that said armstrong profits down 80% because of increased lumber prices. wtf ... are they raising lumber prices?
Harharhar

Elkhorn, NE

#21 Aug 4, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>armstrong cant get a union,,,they deal in wood products for homes,,,then they wouldnt be able to lay people off,,,cut hours,,,shifts,,,and would be closed within 5 yrs,,,
You think a union controls if a company gets to cut hours or lay anyone off?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grave Digger Announces... 3 min grave digger 14
Planet X , Nibiru and September 23-25 2017 8 min Curious 11
Looking for family - Vandervir/Vanderver/Vander... 36 min Mccarty2017 1
Black poop 1 hr Harry Balzonyah 3
On the by-pass today in West Plains 1 hr Creasy Bear 6
New NARC 1 hr Donegone 2
Creasy Bear and grave digger 3 hr Creasy Bear 10

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance