First Prev
of 2
Next Last
417guy

Ava, MO

#1 Oct 9, 2013
What do people think of open carry? Good or bad?
417guy

Ava, MO

#2 Oct 9, 2013
And open carry means being able to carry a firearm in the open "pistol on hip". Just for those that don't know.
tim

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2013
417guy wrote:
Good but need stand your ground doctrine to go with it.
417guy

Ava, MO

#4 Oct 10, 2013
tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Good but need stand your ground doctrine to go with it.
. That would be nice just to cover all around. But our castle doctrine isn't far behind. A lot different but still a good step in the right direction.
tim

United States

#5 Oct 10, 2013
We need to keep pushing our politicians on it.
417guy

Ava, MO

#6 Oct 10, 2013
Pushing people to do something that would help people they care nothing about. Don't see that working any time soon.
Jerry Seinsmeld

Drury, MO

#7 Oct 10, 2013
I'm for it. We should be able to openly carry around anything or "anyone" we want. If I want to pick up grave digger and carry him around in public, I should be able to do so even though many consider him to be extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. I am an American dang it and that's my Second Amendment right!
417guy

Ava, MO

#8 Oct 10, 2013
Jerry Seinsmeld wrote:
I'm for it. We should be able to openly carry around anything or "anyone" we want. If I want to pick up grave digger and carry him around in public, I should be able to do so even though many consider him to be extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. I am an American dang it and that's my Second Amendment right!
I agree and it's the one right keeping the others safe. Without it we would be sheep being led to slaughter wake the flock up sheeple .
Whoa now

United States

#9 Oct 17, 2013
417guy wrote:
<quoted text> I agree and it's the one right keeping the others safe. Without it we would be sheep being led to slaughter wake the flock up sheeple .
well that would certainly keep the pawn shops going...
Hair Trigger

Forsyth, MO

#10 Oct 17, 2013
I want to take my gun everywhere so when the next big headlining massacre is breaking loose, or when I hear a bang, I got my gun out and I'm gonna be the hero and save the day.
If you hear a big bang, better duck cause I'm gonna whip out my gun and start pulling the trigger, and your moving, your gonna get shot, cause i got my gun with me and I'm gonna be a hero and save the day.
I wanted to be a cop, but they wouldnt let me, so I went to the pawn shop, got a gun carry permit, now I dont need to be a cop, cause I got a gun and I'm gonna be the big hero and save the day. Cant wait to be the hero and save the day with my gun and bullets.
Dick Weed

Ozark, MO

#11 Oct 17, 2013
The only time I felt I needed to carry a gun was when I lived next door to George Zimmerman.
Dincas

Ozark, MO

#12 Oct 17, 2013
There's nothing that prohibits carrying a gun on your hip or any other way as long as it's in sight. You have to get a permit to buy a handgun. All guns are registered at the time of purchase if from a licensed dealer. If you want to carry a handgun in your purse or pocket or hidden somewhere then you have to get a concealed carry permit. But, even with a concealed carry permit you still cannot take guns in areas where firearms are prohibited. Now, is that clear or is some wiseass gonna dispute any of it. If you do then here's what you do--Kiss my fat, dirty ass.
Spartan

Forsyth, MO

#13 Oct 17, 2013
Hey there Dincas, thanks for telling everyone you got a big fat dirty ass...like we really needed to know that.
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#14 Oct 17, 2013
Dincas wrote:
There's nothing that prohibits carrying a gun on your hip or any other way as long as it's in sight. You have to get a permit to buy a handgun. All guns are registered at the time of purchase if from a licensed dealer. If you want to carry a handgun in your purse or pocket or hidden somewhere then you have to get a concealed carry permit. But, even with a concealed carry permit you still cannot take guns in areas where firearms are prohibited. Now, is that clear or is some wiseass gonna dispute any of it. If you do then here's what you do--Kiss my fat, dirty ass.
you know you can have a fat as but my GOD man,,,does it have to be dirty?,,,ha haa haaa,,,thats just nasty,,,ha haa haaa,,,and about the gun subject,,,its a stupid thing to let anyone carry a gun in the open except for the police,,,cuz aint many wil try and take a cops gun,,,but many will take a yahoos gun,,,so the concealed thing is a good thing,,,and ps,,,the grave digger has carried a gun for yrs and yrs and yrs now cuz it aint nobodys buisness but the grave diggers,,,cuz the grave digger has never been arrested and follows most laws,,,speed limits on the open hwy at night is for pussies,,,ha haa haaa,,,and the grave digger gun is only for the in-case a gang banger or serial killer trys to hurt the grave digger and its the last resort,,,ps,,,this is the grave diggers opinion on this subject,,,ha haa haaa
Dincas

Ozark, MO

#15 Oct 17, 2013
Now wait just a dad burn minute here Digger. You said the other day in a different post on a different topic that you didn't own a gun. Don't tell me you were lyin to us about that. Because I'll be damned if I will converse intelligently with a liar. Now you tell it staight or don't tell it at all.
Spartan

Forsyth, MO

#16 Oct 17, 2013
Dincas, if your gullible enough to believe anything that loser has posted, then you are just as bad off as he is.
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#17 Oct 17, 2013
Dincas wrote:
Now wait just a dad burn minute here Digger. You said the other day in a different post on a different topic that you didn't own a gun. Don't tell me you were lyin to us about that. Because I'll be damned if I will converse intelligently with a liar. Now you tell it staight or don't tell it at all.
boy you dont miss a grave digger post,,,do ya,,,ha haa haaa,,,the grave digger has 2 guns that the grave digger has on all the time,,,called the left and the right,,,or thinder and lightning,,,or ma and pa,,,or bonnie and clyde,,,then have a roll of toilet paper that the grave digger has in reach all the time called,,,spartan,,,ha haa haaa
Dincas

Ozark, MO

#18 Oct 17, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>boy you dont miss a grave digger post,,,do ya,,,ha haa haaa,,,the grave digger has 2 guns that the grave digger has on all the time,,,called the left and the right,,,or thinder and lightning,,,or ma and pa,,,or bonnie and clyde,,,then have a roll of toilet paper that the grave digger has in reach all the time called,,,spartan,,,ha haa haaa
That's real goofy there Digger.
Heh

Branson, MO

#19 Nov 12, 2013
Dincas wrote:
Satire?

You do NOT need a permit to buy a handgun. Firearms are not registered (officially), you simply submit to a NICS check that will verify you are good to own a firearm. That does not take place during private sales, only through a FFL.

You can take your firearm into buildings even if they are marked as gun free zones (except some government buildings). Those gun free signs do not carry the weight of law in MO, though you may be fined if you're asked to leave and refuse.

Gun laws vary between states, it's always best to be informed instead of blindly following internet advice (which is often bullshit opinion).

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/missouri.pdf

To stay on topic, Open Carry is good when it's done responsibly. For that matter any carry is good. Data supports states with carry friendly laws having much reduced violent crime rates compared to states with heavy gun regulation.
Sam I Am

Hardy, AR

#20 Nov 12, 2013
417guy wrote:
The only thing I can say about open carry is, Speaking for myself I want to be concealed no one needs to know what I have. Open carry because the weapon is seen you could be shot on site for the reason it is seen and you are a threat to the criminal. I will keep mine concealed, When they know I have it it's to late. I'm am for open carry for those that want it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richards high school 2 hr overcrowded 108
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Joe 99,918
Here's why Greece elected a communist governmen... 6 hr Michael Savage Ne... 1
breaking news timbo the lefty b@#%$^d 6 hr tim 3
Do you agree with this? 7 hr Cracker Boy 1
Workplace romance 8 hr shortie 51
Dorinda Housley 8 hr You Got Busted Be... 10
West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?