First Prev
of 5
Next Last
orly

United States

#87 Mar 6, 2012
Beotch wrote:
If you think that the cops care about your safety, you are wrong! They are just fullfilling orders for quota. Follow the money thats what its all about, money creates control.
Whatever the reason, I am glad they have these checkpoints and such, but I really wish they would do more checking on a daily basis. We need to get these people that are under the influence of alcohol and drugs off the streets. I have no pity for them. I pity the people that have their lives turned upside down by these drivers. We (as a society) are too damn easy on them!
doesnt matter- does it

Ozark, MO

#89 Mar 19, 2012
gosh! I guess I need to start reading stuff on the computer more to ACTUALLY find out what is going on in my 'town'... lol Who needs the local newspaper when you can find out juicy stuff from this site!! lol
Everyone have a great and safe day!! ;-)
serious

United States

#90 Mar 21, 2012
When is it ever okay to rollover and play dead? I have talked to people who say "If your not doing anything wrong then whats the problem with the law doing a search or giving blow test?" Here is the problem, If you haven't been drinking and a cop wants to give you a "breathlizer" test and you refuse you are charged with dwi because you refused a blow test. Now where did innocent until proven guilty go? This is clearly a violation of my right as an american citizen. The police can make up the law as they go and if you don't roll over and play dead for them then you are an outlaw. I call BS.
bob

Ozark, MO

#91 Mar 21, 2012
Driving is a privilege not a right. Read implied consent.
serious

United States

#92 Mar 22, 2012
For your information driving has become a necessity in the last 30 years, however that does not make it right to give up your rights. No implied consent to that.
bob

Ozark, MO

#93 Mar 22, 2012
Eventhough driving has become a necessity. I agree we need to drive. It is still a privilege and not a right. You signed your driver's license right? By signing your license you agree to forfeit your driving privilege if you refuse a chemical test of your breath or blood. However the officer has to reason to believe you were driving driving drunk.
ilovemycop

United States

#94 Mar 24, 2012
If u refuse then u have a reason besides there are many DWI's not just drinking but drug and pills or anything. And they had made it where if u refused they could take ur blood without ur ok..but that's different if u refuse and they have just cause they can take ur blood..but if ur not doing anything wrong there isn't any reason to refuse! Right?
serious

United States

#95 Mar 26, 2012
I fully understand what you are saying and I agree to a point. However it is a violation of law to charge someone with a crime if no crime has been committed. There is reason to refuse any test, It's my right to not have to submit. If I have done nothing wrong, not drinking,no drugs, whatever, flat out then it's a violation of my right of innocent till proven guilty. NO Law should bully a citizen, and no cop should bully a citizen. Only those connected to the warped way of thinking would ever approve of these methods. That Said, I do not condone drugs or drinking and driving but don't bully me just because you can.
Really

Ozark, MO

#96 Mar 26, 2012
First of all cops don't randomly pull people over and bully them into giving a breath test. There is the violation of Missouri law and sometimes the violation gives to police a reasonable suspicion that the driver is impaired. Contact with the driver can add to it. Then you have field sobriety test which also shows impairment. If clues from the driving, contact with driver and field sobriety gives the officer probable cause to believe the driver operated a motor vehicle while impaired an arrest is made. Then implied consent is redad and breath, blood, or urine test can be requested. If you refuse they will take blood because the body is destroying evidence and there is not enough time to obtain a search warrant. If you are at the point of debating on refusing then you must know you were impaired. The only bullying being done is all the idiots that think it is okay drink and drive.
ilovemycop

United States

#97 Mar 26, 2012
I agree with you! People need to realise driving isn't a right! Our policemen\women aren't given the respect they should be given..how would you feel if a drunk hit and killed ur friend or a member of ur family....wouldn't you of rather them be in the back of a police car instead of in the driverseat of the car that just ran over a small child...and their mom come on people...
(Really you put it great thanks)
Really wrote:
First of all cops don't randomly pull people over and bully them into giving a breath test. There is the violation of Missouri law and sometimes the violation gives to police a reasonable suspicion that the driver is impaired. Contact with the driver can add to it. Then you have field sobriety test which also shows impairment. If clues from the driving, contact with driver and field sobriety gives the officer probable cause to believe the driver operated a motor vehicle while impaired an arrest is made. Then implied consent is redad and breath, blood, or urine test can be requested. If you refuse they will take blood because the body is destroying evidence and there is not enough time to obtain a search warrant. If you are at the point of debating on refusing then you must know you were impaired. The only bullying being done is all the idiots that think it is okay drink and drive.
serious

United States

#98 Mar 27, 2012
you are an ass kisser. If im not impaired in anyway whatsoever no matter what mr police officer thinks and I refuse any field test then I am automatically charged with dwi,dui, or whatever mr officer thinks. If you would have read the prior post then you wouldnt keep jumping off topic. Then it is a violation of my rights, where is that right? It's not, so keep beating your perfect bible thumping chest and kiss my ass.
ilovemypoliceman

United States

#99 Mar 30, 2012
Lol I'm not an ass kisser my hubby is a police officer so I asked them about all this..and they won't ask u to do the test PBT unless u fail all others and you aren't asked to do them unless u give reason for them to do so! So if u fail all the tests and then refuse the BPT u shouldn't be driving. As for the Bible remark...I did read all the posts b4 and ur saying all this violating ur rights and its not driving isn't a right! And driving while doing drugs, drinking, and or even some meds can get you in to trouble. Anyway they aren't just gonna pull u over and tell u to take a pbt or ua without doing all the other tests first so if ur sober u will be fine and ur so called rights won't be stepped on by any of our officers!
serious

Ava, MO

#100 Mar 30, 2012
ilovemypoliceman wrote:
Lol I'm not an ass kisser my hubby is a police officer so I asked them about all this..and they won't ask u to do the test PBT unless u fail all others and you aren't asked to do them unless u give reason for them to do so! So if u fail all the tests and then refuse the BPT u shouldn't be driving. As for the Bible remark...I did read all the posts b4 and ur saying all this violating ur rights and its not driving isn't a right! And driving while doing drugs, drinking, and or even some meds can get you in to trouble. Anyway they aren't just gonna pull u over and tell u to take a pbt or ua without doing all the other tests first so if ur sober u will be fine and ur so called rights won't be stepped on by any of our officers!
Unless you fail all others, lol my point exactly.
been there

United States

#101 Mar 30, 2012
serious wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you fail all others, lol my point exactly.
Your not making sense now "serious". Iluv left out the fact that you have the right to request a lawyer prior to a breathalyzer test, because at that point you are subject to a lawful probable cause arrest. The purpose of the breath test is to gather additional evidence. The pbt taken in the field is not admissible as a specific quanity of alcohol. It only determines the presence.
serious

Ava, MO

#102 Apr 2, 2012
I said no use as in nada,none,nary, got it?
Anonymous

Mountain View, MO

#103 Apr 20, 2013
serious wrote:
I said no use as in nada,none,nary, got it?
if u have none in ur system then u should have anything to worry about. The officer will only ask u to do such test if u smell of something intoxicating and or he/she sees somehing in car..
hmm

Garden City, MO

#104 Apr 21, 2013
Another lonely night Jackie? Get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Administration 8 min tim 10
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 22 min Abdurratln 430
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 37 min Abdurratln 2,646
Jobs 43 min Fire Crotch 13
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 47 min Poinsettia 96,898
Most Politicians Were Made For Trash Bins! 49 min Police State 1
Scotland may gain its independence from Great B... 1 hr grave digger 6
•••
•••
•••

West Plains Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

West Plains News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Plains
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••