people talking crap about cops pullin...
Respect

Ozark, MO

#23 Sep 9, 2011
urasmartone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm guessing u should have signed ur first ticket....or wait maybe when he asked u if someone could come get u and u said no and u were offered a ride home, just maybe u should have taken it instead of being rude! Then u should have prolly signed them then u prolly wouldn't have gotten any more....however did u maybe get in trouble for drinking and driving....maybe just maybe this whole thing could have been avoided had u not been a dumby and just simply stayed out from behind the wheele! I say bitching and such like this he should mail u more tickets!! I'm sure there's something else he can write u...its people like u that need to spend a few more days in jail for being stupid! He did tell u if u didn't sign ur tickets u would go to jail guess next time u will listen....and yes I'm sure there will be a next time due to your inability to have respect for our Police Officers!
Oh, I'm sorry...are you the ride along that was with him? or are you officer Thompson.? Because from my knowledge there wasn't anyone else there. First of all, I did sign the first ticket. It was the bogus one I refused to sign. Second, upon telling me to sign the damn tickets, he never told me I would be booked for refusing to sign until I told him I wasn't going to...didn't even give me a chance to redeem the refusal before telling me he was taking me to jail. And just for you, dear, I'll let you in on a little secret - by law, you aren't REQUIRED to sign the tickets - you just have to show up for court. So don't give me this bullshit on "i should have just signed the ticket" because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Third, he never offered me a ride home. So tell me, where do you get your information? I was completely respectful and never once fought the fact I was pulled over or even getting a ticket until the asshole had an immediate attitude change after I politely said, "I will sign the first one, but not the second because I don't agree with it" I understand they have a "job" to do. But when an officer of the "law" pulls me over and doesn't even know what he's pulling me over for - I have a problem with that. When an officer of the "law" writes me bogus tickets just because "he can do what he wants" I have a problem with that and clearly loose all respect for assholes like him. Anything else to say?
a suggestion

Ozark, MO

#24 Sep 10, 2011
Respect wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm sorry...are you the ride along that was with him? or are you officer Thompson.? Because from my knowledge there wasn't anyone else there. First of all, I did sign the first ticket. It was the bogus one I refused to sign. Second, upon telling me to sign the damn tickets, he never told me I would be booked for refusing to sign until I told him I wasn't going to...didn't even give me a chance to redeem the refusal before telling me he was taking me to jail. And just for you, dear, I'll let you in on a little secret - by law, you aren't REQUIRED to sign the tickets - you just have to show up for court. So don't give me this bullshit on "i should have just signed the ticket" because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Third, he never offered me a ride home. So tell me, where do you get your information? I was completely respectful and never once fought the fact I was pulled over or even getting a ticket until the asshole had an immediate attitude change after I politely said, "I will sign the first one, but not the second because I don't agree with it" I understand they have a "job" to do. But when an officer of the "law" pulls me over and doesn't even know what he's pulling me over for - I have a problem with that. When an officer of the "law" writes me bogus tickets just because "he can do what he wants" I have a problem with that and clearly loose all respect for assholes like him. Anything else to say?
I would advise you to go talk to an attorney...if you feel it is worth your time and money. I would recommend Jacob Garrett for this. He has gotten many of Officer Thompson's charges and tickets thrown out.
urasmartone

United States

#25 Sep 10, 2011
Respect wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope wasn't there but doesn't matter...so ur saying officer thompson had no reason to pull u over...ummmm now how would u feel had u hit some family and killed them, ur bitching about ur tickets but had u not drove u wouldn't have gotten any of them! As for the lawyer it might be a smart thing however they won't drop tickets they will plea them down to a lesser offence...and its lose not loose...
Jude

Niangua, MO

#26 Sep 10, 2011
Ever notice in the daily quill the number of people given a ticket soley for "no insurance"? How did the cop know that? They have to be pulled over for a reason, so why no ticket for anything but "no insurance". Criminial, criminals, criminals, everywhere breaking the law....
Respect

United States

#27 Sep 10, 2011
urasmartone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm guessing u should have signed ur first ticket....or wait maybe when he asked u if someone could come get u and u said no and u were offered a ride home, just maybe u should have taken it instead of being rude! Then u should have prolly signed them then u prolly wouldn't have gotten any more....however did u maybe get in trouble for drinking and driving....maybe just maybe this whole thing could have been avoided had u not been a dumby and just simply stayed out from behind the wheele! I say bitching and such like this he should mail u more tickets!! I'm sure there's something else he can write u...its people like u that need to spend a few more days in jail for being stupid! He did tell u if u didn't sign ur tickets u would go to jail guess next time u will listen....and yes I'm sure there will be a next time due to your inability to have respect for our Police Officers!
Actually, it does matter if you were there - you're making yourself look stupid throwing around "facts" that aren't true about that night BECAUSE you weren't there. A. You have no idea why he pulled me over. B. I wasn't drunk. C. Who the hell are you, anyway?...You want to correct my ONE misspelled word, trying to look like a badass with proper english? Let's critique yours ;) it's "you", not "u" - it's "probably", not "prolly" - it's "However, did you maybe get in trouble for drinking and driving?" not, "...however did u maybe get in trouble for drinking and driving..." - it's "Maybe, just maybe, this entire thing could have been avoided...", not "maybe just maybe this whole thing could have been avoided..." - it's "wheel", not "wheele" ...dumbass. Oh, and we STILL aren't finished! It's "I say, bitching and such...", not "I say bitching and such...". It's "something else he can write you. It's people like you...", not "something else he can write u...its people like u..." it's "...tickets you would go to jail, guess next time you will listen..." not "...tickets u would go to jail guess next time u will listen..."
Respect

United States

#28 Sep 10, 2011
a suggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advise you to go talk to an attorney...if you feel it is worth your time and money. I would recommend Jacob Garrett for this. He has gotten many of Officer Thompson's charges and tickets thrown out.
Step ahead of you.:) however, thank you for the advise and referral!
Respect

United States

#29 Sep 10, 2011
urasmartone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope wasn't there but doesn't matter...so ur saying officer thompson had no reason to pull u over...ummmm now how would u feel had u hit some family and killed them, ur bitching about ur tickets but had u not drove u wouldn't have gotten any of them! As for the lawyer it might be a smart thing however they won't drop tickets they will plea them down to a lesser offence...and its lose not loose...
Need I start in on the punctual corrections in this dumbass statement?
Respect

United States

#30 Sep 10, 2011
Respect wrote:
<quoted text>
Step ahead of you.:) however, thank you for the advise and referral!
And for the sake of the uneducated english teacher, trying to correct my spelling...I meant "advice":)
urasmartone

United States

#31 Sep 10, 2011
Respect wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it does matter if you were there - you're making yourself look stupid throwing around "facts" that aren't true about that night BECAUSE you weren't there. A. You have no idea why he pulled me over. B. I wasn't drunk. C. Who the hell are you, anyway?...You want to correct my ONE misspelled word, trying to look like a badass with proper english? Let's critique yours ;) it's "you", not "u" - it's "probably", not "prolly" - it's "However, did you maybe get in trouble for drinking and driving?" not, "...however did u maybe get in trouble for drinking and driving..." - it's "Maybe, just maybe, this entire thing could have been avoided...", not "maybe just maybe this whole thing could have been avoided..." - it's "wheel", not "wheele" ...dumbass. Oh, and we STILL aren't finished! It's "I say, bitching and such...", not "I say bitching and such...". It's "something else he can write you. It's people like you...", not "something else he can write u...its people like u..." it's "...tickets you would go to jail, guess next time you will listen..." not "...tickets u would go to jail guess next time u will listen..."
Well then ur just a smarty pants aren't u!! I simply corrected 1 word but ok no big deal and for who I am it really isn't any of ur business u started this by throwing a fit over tickets, and since this is the us I as well have the right to speak my opnion! Besides I still stand by what I said.
urasmartone

United States

#32 Sep 10, 2011
Respect wrote:
<quoted text>
Need I start in on the punctual corrections in this dumbass statement?
Lol have fun with it either way I will still have a license next week and u won't!
Out of towner

Osceola, MO

#33 Sep 10, 2011
Every time i drive through that town I truly cant believe the amount of police for such a small area. Per capita ive seen less cops in los angelos california. Theres not that much crime in that ghost town
really

United States

#34 Sep 10, 2011
Out of towner wrote:
Every time i drive through that town I truly cant believe the amount of police for such a small area. Per capita ive seen less cops in los angelos california. Theres not that much crime in that ghost town
There aren't as many as you would think. It just seems as if there are a lot due to county and city are less then a mile apart then we also have state patrole right down the road. So that's why it seems like there are so many! Besides gotta get the crackheads and drunks!
u are dumb

Sparta, MO

#35 Sep 11, 2011
urasmartone wrote:
<quoted text>
Garrett does get charges and tickets issued from this particular officer completely thrown out quite frequently. Not a plea to a lesser offence but THROWN OUT....that should tell you something.
Judge

Cross Timbers, MO

#36 Sep 11, 2011
Jude wrote:
Ever notice in the daily quill the number of people given a ticket soley for "no insurance"? How did the cop know that? They have to be pulled over for a reason, so why no ticket for anything but "no insurance". Criminial, criminals, criminals, everywhere breaking the law....
Most often done to give the offender a break. You get pulled over for speeding, instead of writing you two tickets, no insurance and speeding, you only get one, non-points ticket, that can normally be dismissed upon proof of insurance coverage being provided.

But you would rather no break be given? That makes no sense.

The cops are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Judge

Cross Timbers, MO

#37 Sep 11, 2011
Out of towner wrote:
Obviously not a clue. Our coverage in West Plains is below national average, and in the county SERIOUSLY below national averages.

Highway patrol very often has no coverage in zones, requiring response from neighboring zones.

Many county shifts are two cars only. Imagine a call outside of Mt View that requires a backup, and then another call comes in to Caulfield. 30 minutes of driving at least for a barking duck call.
Judge

Cross Timbers, MO

#38 Sep 11, 2011
Respect wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Signing the ticket is merely a promise to come to court. It is not an admission. That is clearly stated on the ticket. Yes, if the offense will not result in your being required to promise to appear or a bond, you do not need to sign it, but if you are required to either post a bond or a promise to appear, you ARE required to do one or the other.

2. It is up to the court to decide if the ticket is bogus.

3. The officer is under NO obligation to offer you a ride home. None. He needs to stay available if need be to answer other calls, or he simply may not want to take you home. It is totally his call.
Impressed

United States

#39 Sep 11, 2011
Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Signing the ticket is merely a promise to come to court. It is not an admission. That is clearly stated on the ticket. Yes, if the offense will not result in your being required to promise to appear or a bond, you do not need to sign it, but if you are required to either post a bond or a promise to appear, you ARE required to do one or the other.
2. It is up to the court to decide if the ticket is bogus.
3. The officer is under NO obligation to offer you a ride home. None. He needs to stay available if need be to answer other calls, or he simply may not want to take you home. It is totally his call.
In reply to your number 1, he never explained any of that...just told me to sign. In reply to your 2, I understand final result of the tickets are up to the court however, initially I feel they are bogus because what he wrote them for, was not what happened. 3, I never said he was SUPPOSED to offer me a ride home I was telling "urnotsosmart" he never offered me a ride home to take it.
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#40 Sep 11, 2011
imagine if there where no cops around here to bitch about,,,then the grave digger would have to shut all you aholes up,,called house arrest/duct tape over your mouths,,,ha haa haaa,,,you should all get down on one knee and say a prayer of thanks an beg the good LORD the grave digger is a hoarder and cant find the case of duct tape i baught online 4 yrs ago,,,ha haa haaa,,,sukas
lol

United States

#41 Sep 11, 2011
Impressed wrote:
<quoted text>
In reply to your number 1, he never explained any of that...just told me to sign. In reply to your 2, I understand final result of the tickets are up to the court however, initially I feel they are bogus because what he wrote them for, was not what happened. 3, I never said he was SUPPOSED to offer me a ride home I was telling "urnotsosmart" he never offered me a ride home to take it.
Guess u should use ur turn signals and get a license plate light before court
jazzy pants

Amherstburg, Canada

#42 Sep 11, 2011
To Respect: Where did you attend law school? Deputy Thompson had all the right to keep you for 12 hours for one, being a dumbass, and getting a DWI and two, for being a ignorant bitch and not signing the citation issued to you. You are lucky he did not keep you for 24 hours and make you post a bond. Even if you felt it was bogus the jail is not the place to plead your case, that's why it's called court. Any officer can and will pull you over for number of things and not issue citations for them, they can use their own discretion, but I'm sure you know all of this from attending law school. Jacob Garrett might have thrown out citations from Deputy Thompson in the past, but your still screwed on the DWI because you offered chemical test of your breath. You have no reason to be mad at anyone but yourself because you chose to drink and drive. Deputy Thompson was doing his job and yes, if he gets another chance to issue more citations to you in the future, I'm sure he will be excited. Have you ever heard the saying "You Drink You Drive You Lose"? Well you lost so stop running your mouth about BOGUS shit and face the facts, your ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad body odor (Jan '16) 9 min AmedmentForElf 24
news for creasy bear 1 hr elf 13
Jerry Lewis 1 hr elf 11
new study reveals 1 hr elf 5
funhouse 1 hr Titus 2 3
So...about that wall.... 2 hr Drug user 4
Hot red head 3 hr Dude 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance