Family Entertainment for West Plains is a Big Need!!!!!

Posted in the West Plains Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
longlife52

Seymour, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Where I come from there were many great things to do with the family... If I had a lot of money or investors I would open a grand miniature golf, with a Drive-In Theater, Games, Arcades including in door cafe. I have lived in West Plains for many years, and I've seen lack of development for families especially the teenagers.... Maybe one day I will contribute to this great little town. Any one have any ideas...? Lets get together for the betterment of all...
Lovley Ladies Group

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

longlife52 wrote:
Where I come from there were many great things to do with the family... If I had a lot of money or investors I would open a grand miniature golf, with a Drive-In Theater, Games, Arcades including in door cafe. I have lived in West Plains for many years, and I've seen lack of development for families especially the teenagers.... Maybe one day I will contribute to this great little town. Any one have any ideas...? Lets get together for the betterment of all...
I agree. Maybe we can set up something in which we can discuss this need with the ones with money to do it with.
power

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Need a indoor skating rink.
Had1

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

power wrote:
Need a indoor skating rink.
We had one, IDK what happened but it's gone now. Guess it's not a 21st century kinda thing. lol.
sigh

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

I lived there for 35 years. The questions you are asking have been asked there by people for decades.
There was a miniature golf out past Wal-Mart - closed. There was a drive in theater - closed. About 25 years ago a teenager died from after choking on his own vomit, so they opened the short-lived teen center...closed.
Another problem for West Plains is that it is hours from anything. Four hours to Stl. Five to KC. Three to Memphis. The only town of any size is Springfield, but the options there are also limited.
KJP

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

The only way West Plains would get anything for teenagers is if all the teenagers would walk the streets 24/7 instead of sitting in a room playing video games the old farts might concider something. Then you have the kids that stay in a church only which isn't a bad thing. I have been here long enough to know the churches and a handfull of people control everything. This town is land locked by a certain few and if the new anything wants to come to town they have to pay their ransom. When buisness owners control a town the town remains their way. I know West Plains is a safer town then any big city around so thats a good thing. I know you can't fart without someone gossiping about it so thats a good thing that people are watching. I know if you call the police they are there in force within 5 minutes so thats a good thing. I know if your feeling low about yourself just go to walmart on saturday night and look around and feel better about yourself so thats a good thing. Weigh the good with the bad you get West Plains.
adviceman

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

We need to get the owner of Fishland (Kenny Coughlin) to open up Skateland again lol he had an awesome place and people need to tell him they miss it!! I know i do. If you get a chance go in Fishland and let him know..........trust me he will be glad to hear it. BTW you might as well buy something while you are in there too.
grow up

Sparta, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

The bank boughtthe old skateland building.
New In Town

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

This town has absolutely nothing to do. I thought that since we moved to the middle of nowhere at least there would be outdoor types of things to do, but we still have to drive 30 minutes to go fishing or 60 minutes to ride horses(if you don't own one). This is by far the most boring place I've ever lived and I can't wait for my husband to retire so we can get the freak out of here. Even the movie theater sucks.
KJP

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

New In Town wrote:
This town has absolutely nothing to do. I thought that since we moved to the middle of nowhere at least there would be outdoor types of things to do, but we still have to drive 30 minutes to go fishing or 60 minutes to ride horses(if you don't own one). This is by far the most boring place I've ever lived and I can't wait for my husband to retire so we can get the freak out of here. Even the movie theater sucks.
Please take me with you. When he retires I will do all the driving too let the poor guy rest. They have a horse farm an stables on the corner of 63hwy and Creamery rd and beleive they let you ride the horses. I have a whole list of things to do in town like walk in and out of the electric doors at walmart and watch their electric bill go up or there is always cow tipping what ever that is. Everyone says thats fun and a whole lot of cows around. You could hitch hike up and down porter wagnor and bet on how long it will take before the cops get there. I got 20 bucks on 3 minutes. Yes the movie theater cost way too much for what you get. 8 or 9 bucks to get in then 150 bucks for popcorn and soda.
New In Town

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah its pretty boring. I'm glad there is Direct TV to remind me how the other half lives. We are thinking of just renting here so we won't get stuck and buying a house at the Lake of the Ozarks to escape to every weekend. Only if there were nice houses to rent that weren't for sale.
bluestar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Lived here my whole life and i agree the only thing you can do with family is

1.watch a movie

2.hang at the square

3.eat food at resturant
Need i say.more?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the West Plains Forum right now

Search the West Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Police chief 9 min Officer Bowden 12
i think i really like Bobby Floyd 56 min Dean Lee 7
Ronnie Johnson murder 1989 (Sep '10) 1 hr T_johnson 170
Hardees of West Plains 2 hr grave digger 21
To the Watson family 2 hr Interested Guy 2
Prostitution In West Plains 2 hr grave digger 45
Worst Restaurant Service and Food (Jan '11) 3 hr jason 50
•••
•••