Thinking about it

Calhoun, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

I'm thinking of moving to the Missouri Ozarks, I've been once last year and absolutely loved it even though it was obviously in a severe drought.
My real question is, would you live in this side of Missouri if you had your pick of anywhere else?
Why and why not.:)
Grammy

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Canada!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Grammy wrote:
Canada!!!!!!!!!!
La baby
Warning

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Thinking about it wrote:
I'm thinking of moving to the Missouri Ozarks, I've been once last year and absolutely loved it even though it was obviously in a severe drought.
My real question is, would you live in this side of Missouri if you had your pick of anywhere else?
Take it from a person that lives here, there are no jobs in this area, the city fathers keep out competing business and schools are substandard as is health care and everything else. good place to visit if your into that thing but a real pain to live here.
what

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Colorado

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Warning wrote:
<quoted text>Take it from a person that lives here, there are no jobs in this area, the city fathers keep out competing business and schools are substandard as is health care and everything else. good place to visit if your into that thing but a real pain to live here.
Not even good to visit :( neither
Thinking about it

Calhoun, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Wisegurl69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even good to visit :( neither
I loved it out there! West Plains seemed to be a very clean town.
Calhoun Ga, where I live, is heavily permeated with the "Good ol' boy" system and it shows.

And the Ozarks and countryside is so beautiful!
GOODoleBOY

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Thinking about it wrote:
It's a good place to live if you are not looking for a high paying job... very few ethnic groups other than hillbilly, but an increasing welfare population(due to our present federal gov't looking for more voters)...too many meth heads, but they are dying out quickly, or sent to prisons by the courts here... climate good, lakes in our area, hunting, fishing, camping and such to do, but raising cattle and livestock, main sources of bringing "new" money to area... West Plains is somewhat isolated being 3 hours from Memphis, Saint Louis, and Little Rock, but still a very good town to live, if you are close to retirement or ALREADY have a good job lined up.
ohNOunion

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it from a person that lives here, there are no jobs in this area, the city fathers keep out competing business and schools are substandard as is health care and everything else. good place to visit if your into that thing but a real pain to live here.
It's not "city fathers" as you call it, keeping businesses from locating here. What really keeps them out is Missouri not a "right to work" state, so most industry looks at others states first.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

GOODoleBOY wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good place to live if you are not looking for a high paying job... very few ethnic groups other than hillbilly, but an increasing welfare population(due to our present federal gov't looking for more voters)...too many meth heads, but they are dying out quickly, or sent to prisons by the courts here... climate good, lakes in our area, hunting, fishing, camping and such to do, but raising cattle and livestock, main sources of bringing "new" money to area... West Plains is somewhat isolated being 3 hours from Memphis, Saint Louis, and Little Rock, but still a very good town to live, if you are close to retirement or ALREADY have a good job lined up.
I agree nice place to retire but to live when your young trying find good jobno
Brad

Walnut Shade, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

We love it here. We've had opportunities to move but have decided the Ozarks is where we want to be. A great place to raise a family.
Jobs are scarce but the people are good and the country is beautiful.
paleeez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Thinking about it wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved it out there! West Plains seemed to be a very clean town.
Calhoun Ga, where I live, is heavily permeated with the "Good ol' boy" system and it shows.
And the Ozarks and countryside is so beautiful!
West Plains is the " good ol' boy" capital!
North to Alaska

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Go to Alaska. It's beautiful. And you don't have to deal with the people in this inbred town
dead end

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Its a dead end road here! Most people get stuck here and cant get out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

dead end wrote:
Its a dead end road here! Most people get stuck here and cant get out.
Lol I hear u
not this one

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

I love Missouri cause I grew up here
But if you want good jobs good people and no BS economy its in west Texas
Agree

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

The countryside is beautiful, land is cheap, but jobs are scarce.

A good place to retire, and go to church.

If you're more civic minded Springfield and surrounding area is a good place to check out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the West Plains Forum right now

Search the West Plains Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
new snitch working bar seen in town 14 min truth 2
to many pregnant teens in West Plains!!! 6 hr Annie 14
Why can't the Hill Apes in West Plains learn to... 6 hr Skipster Johnson 1
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 6 hr CLUE 6,909
dating children 6 hr No kidding 6
who knows crystal collins_ledbetter is she a go... 6 hr im that bitch 3
417 Boys (Dec '12) 7 hr grave digger 53
•••
•••