A Missouri school trains its teachers...

A Missouri school trains its teachers to carry guns, and most parents approve

There are 3 comments on the The Honolulu Advertiser story from Apr 15, 2013, titled A Missouri school trains its teachers to carry guns, and most parents approve. In it, The Honolulu Advertiser reports that:

WEST PLAINS, Mo.>> At 8:30 on a cloudy, frigid morning late last month in this folksy Ozark town, the superintendent of an area school strolled through the glass doors of the local newspaper office to deliver a news release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Honolulu Advertiser.

nnhs

Blanchard, OK

#1 Apr 21, 2013
How embarrassing.
KJP

Ozark, MO

#2 Apr 21, 2013
nnhs wrote:
How embarrassing.
I have no idea where they came up with most parents. I beleive in more cops hired to sit at the schools and a big sign that says police on duty and a cop car sitting out front of the building. Kids are kids and sneaky and one day a kid will get a hold of one of these teachers guns and then they will change the most parents statement. The law suits alone would break the school district. If you hire cops then there is no chance of the law suits and every parent not most parents would agree. This is my opinion but think it's a bad idea. Way to many what if's. So imbarrassing? No. At least the school has the safty of the children in mind.
nnhs

Norman, OK

#3 Nov 2, 2014
KJP wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea where they came up with most parents. I beleive in more cops hired to sit at the schools and a big sign that says police on duty and a cop car sitting out front of the building. Kids are kids and sneaky and one day a kid will get a hold of one of these teachers guns and then they will change the most parents statement. The law suits alone would break the school district. If you hire cops then there is no chance of the law suits and every parent not most parents would agree. This is my opinion but think it's a bad idea. Way to many what if's. So imbarrassing? No. At least the school has the safty of the children in mind.
You are so right, it's just "jump" right to the first thing that comes to mind, "arm the teachers"
There are so many things wrong with the idea its hard to list them all here. I'm not sure the safety of the kids is #1, it may be the idea someone can make some big bucks selling this idea to the board who will hopefully not be on the board anymore when the first accident occurs...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
King Garden Buffet? (Dec '10) 1 hr TheSilentMinority 129
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr HELLary Clinton 666 105,898
Mistress in town 3 hr Zsazsa 48
Dr. That will still prescripbe pain meds? 3 hr Liberty 7
Anyone know Ashlee driver? 4 hr Just curious 1
Officer Boyle 5 hr Pepper 1
In need of farrier 11 hr horselady 1

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages