West Plains listed number 9 on Top 10 Best Small Towns List?

Posted in the West Plains Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Mister Stupido

Rockaway Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

I like how the Quill credited this distinction in a big part to "marketing". I guess if you have people in your town who are good at marketing, your town could make this list. In other words, the distinction becomes quite "meaningless". With this kind of marketing, maybe we can make it in the top 10 on the Top 10 Best "Big" City List. Come one, come all! To quote KY-3, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!

*** Special thanks to the efforts of our new Marketing Director and Tourism Director Todd Shanks. Nice job buddy.
Tony

Squires, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

More business and industry for West Plains. Sounds great.
amazed

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Thats because they never actually lived in west plains. Im sure the majority of people.who.move here will be live me in a matter of months. Ready to move. Thos place is one of the most crooked places i have ever lived.. well every town is crooked but this is by far the most open about it
tkr

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Somebodys research is off. Maybe they were talking about another state because they have never been to West Plans, Missouri if they believe that bunch of lies!
grave digger

Walnut Shade, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Mister Stupido wrote:
I like how the Quill credited this distinction in a big part to "marketing". I guess if you have people in your town who are good at marketing, your town could make this list. In other words, the distinction becomes quite "meaningless". With this kind of marketing, maybe we can make it in the top 10 on the Top 10 Best "Big" City List. Come one, come all! To quote KY-3, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!
*** Special thanks to the efforts of our new Marketing Director and Tourism Director Todd Shanks. Nice job buddy.
shouldnt lie,,,cuz in 5 yrs someone will run the same marketing bull and then people will ask,,,how come west plains hasnt changed yet?,,,how come walmart is still the only store open 24hrs?,,,how come they havnt started the 63 bypass yet that doris harris tells everyone when buying property that its going through that property and they could be rich?,,,how come there is so many witches practising witchcraft in this town?,,,how come only a handfull of people have the town land locked?,,,how come?,,,how come?,,,how come?,,,how come the wages are so low?,,,how come pin-mac controls who gets to work or not?,,,how come its a crime to detain a library book but not a crime to get away with a crime when you hire certain lawyers?,,,how come some churches shun you if you dont go to that church?,,,how come this highschool lies and that they do graduate kids who cant read? and pick on certain kids?,,,how come?,,,how come lowes didnt open up yet?,,,how come?,,,
Lisa

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>shouldnt lie,,,cuz in 5 yrs someone will run the same marketing bull and then people will ask,,,how come west plains hasnt changed yet?,,,how come walmart is still the only store open 24hrs?,,,how come they havnt started the 63 bypass yet that doris harris tells everyone when buying property that its going through that property and they could be rich?,,,how come there is so many witches practising witchcraft in this town?,,,how come only a handfull of people have the town land locked?,,,how come?,,,how come?,,,how come?,,,how come the wages are so low?,,,how come pin-mac controls who gets to work or not?,,,how come its a crime to detain a library book but not a crime to get away with a crime when you hire certain lawyers?,,,how come some churches shun you if you dont go to that church?,,,how come this highschool lies and that they do graduate kids who cant read? and pick on certain kids?,,,how come?,,,how come lowes didnt open up yet?,,,how come?,,,
You may as well as "why everything shits!" Cause it just because its that way. The money people control the wages and what comes in. It's a bunch of bullshit! We need some nice things to do without all it being too costly as we don't get the wages they get in the city. Rent and gas are higher here than in Springfield. It's because of GREED!
grave digger

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
You may as well as "why everything shits!" Cause it just because its that way. The money people control the wages and what comes in. It's a bunch of bullshit! We need some nice things to do without all it being too costly as we don't get the wages they get in the city. Rent and gas are higher here than in Springfield. It's because of GREED!
you are right lisa,,,its every man for themselves around here and greed,,,this list was a lie and like all lies,,,the truth does come out in time,,,the grave digger knows of a way to change things around here,,,but it will take everyone who wants it to change to invest in this way,,,kinda like a union of people all being shared owners of everything,,,you know,,,like the smiths cid tax around walmart,,,the whole family is the only board members,,,ha haa haaa,,,but anyways,,,it can be done if enough people would invest and play the same greed game as the greedy play to control it the way it is today,,,kinda like a chess game,,,have to have a plan,,,like the grave digger does,,,then move alittle at a time towerds the goal,,,then before you know it you have a bran new un greedy fun place to live and this new place would be #1 on this list for generations to come,,,the grave digger will need 1000 people to get this ball rolling,,,1000 people makes for a good start with so little of investment each that they wouldnt even feel it but will see the rewards and can you imagine the monthly board meetings party every month,,,ha haa haaa,,,we can change this place for the better to where we would have to turn people away from wanting to live here,,,lets start this,,,everything starts with a dream or in this case a topix post,,,ha haa haaa,,,its not illegal,,,just get organized,,,have dedication,,,have faith,,,spread the dream and watch it grow,,,now the greedy control freaks will get pissed,,,but so what,,,this is america my freind,,,we can do whatever we want cuz we free my freind,,,ha haa haaa,,,
LIsa

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>you are right lisa,,,its every man for themselves around here and greed,,,this list was a lie and like all lies,,,the truth does come out in time,,,the grave digger knows of a way to change things around here,,,but it will take everyone who wants it to change to invest in this way,,,kinda like a union of people all being shared owners of everything,,,you know,,,like the smiths cid tax around walmart,,,the whole family is the only board members,,,ha haa haaa,,,but anyways,,,it can be done if enough people would invest and play the same greed game as the greedy play to control it the way it is today,,,kinda like a chess game,,,have to have a plan,,,like the grave digger does,,,then move alittle at a time towerds the goal,,,then before you know it you have a bran new un greedy fun place to live and this new place would be #1 on this list for generations to come,,,the grave digger will need 1000 people to get this ball rolling,,,1000 people makes for a good start with so little of investment each that they wouldnt even feel it but will see the rewards and can you imagine the monthly board meetings party every month,,,ha haa haaa,,,we can change this place for the better to where we would have to turn people away from wanting to live here,,,lets start this,,,everything starts with a dream or in this case a topix post,,,ha haa haaa,,,its not illegal,,,just get organized,,,have dedication,,,have faith,,,spread the dream and watch it grow,,,now the greedy control freaks will get pissed,,,but so what,,,this is america my freind,,,we can do whatever we want cuz we free my freind,,,ha haa haaa,,,
Yea, I agree! The question is how to Organize that. Maybe you need to get on the board and others who are capable of butting heads with these people!
Easily Swayed

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

LIsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I agree! The question is how to Organize that. Maybe you need to get on the board and others who are capable of butting heads with these people!
Grave digger is our only hope! We must elect grave digger as Mayor of West Plains! I foresee a new Golden Age! Long live Mayor grave digger! Let's make this happen people! Vote for grave digger in the next election for Mayor!!!!!!!!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

tkr wrote:
Somebodys research is off. Maybe they were talking about another state because they have never been to West Plans, Missouri if they believe that bunch of lies!
So true

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>shouldnt lie,,,cuz in 5 yrs someone will run the same marketing bull and then people will ask,,,how come west plains hasnt changed yet?,,,how come walmart is still the only store open 24hrs?,,,how come they havnt started the 63 bypass yet that doris harris tells everyone when buying property that its going through that property and they could be rich?,,,how come there is so many witches practising witchcraft in this town?,,,how come only a handfull of people have the town land locked?,,,how come?,,,how come?,,,how come?,,,how come the wages are so low?,,,how come pin-mac controls who gets to work or not?,,,how come its a crime to detain a library book but not a crime to get away with a crime when you hire certain lawyers?,,,how come some churches shun you if you dont go to that church?,,,how come this highschool lies and that they do graduate kids who cant read? and pick on certain kids?,,,how come?,,,how come lowes didnt open up yet?,,,how come?,,,
Because it blows
physicalgraffitt i

Blanchard, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I heard a few stories....if the story about lowes is true and the old butler building is true that goes to show what incompetence rules the day....in WP. I have said for years Willow Springs or Pomona is a better investment for your money. If I were a big time investor I would look that way...Mtn View and Willow may not be perfect but are more of an open shop.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

physicalgraffitti wrote:
I heard a few stories....if the story about lowes is true and the old butler building is true that goes to show what incompetence rules the day....in WP. I have said for years Willow Springs or Pomona is a better investment for your money. If I were a big time investor I would look that way...Mtn View and Willow may not be perfect but are more of an open shop.
True
grave digger

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

physicalgraffitti wrote:
the old butler building?,,,whats that got to do with anything?,,,and where is this old butler building,,,the grave digger would like to know where that old house from the corner of broadway and missouri ave went,,,it was moved from the west plains bank spot,,,how is that old house doing?,,,
Harharhar

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Maybe the magazine should have checked some crime and poverty statistics before taking the word of whoever wrote the "why my town is the best small town" essay.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mo/west-plai...

It lists west plains as safer than 2% of the towns in the country, along with horrible childhood poverty and low home values. Ninth best small town in the US? I think most in the area recognize that Mnt Home is better, and its only an hour away.
Lol

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Harharhar wrote:
Maybe the magazine should have checked some crime and poverty statistics before taking the word of whoever wrote the "why my town is the best small town" essay.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mo/west-plai...
It lists west plains as safer than 2% of the towns in the country, along with horrible childhood poverty and low home values. Ninth best small town in the US? I think most in the area recognize that Mnt Home is better, and its only an hour away.
They have thins they rate to name the town one of the best. One of the things WP has is a college, Mtn. Home doesn't have that. Their library resources, etc. there's criteria.
Dung Fu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

It's #9 for for the lack of blacks and black crime alone.
Lori

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Dung Fu wrote:
It's #9 for for the lack of blacks and black crime alone.
You picked the right name Dung means shit! Racist!
Dung Fu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Lori wrote:
<quoted text>You picked the right name Dung means shit! Racist!
I'm a realist you moron! Is Pine Bluff, AR on that List? How about East St Louis? I'd be willing to bet none of the cities on that list have a black population of over 20%

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the West Plains Forum right now

Search the West Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
T.Brashear why block what's said about U! Its A... 26 min sum1who_cares4_thegirls 15
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 51 min Dumb Ass Liberals 92,140
Boston Marathon 1 hr momma 5
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 3 hr dear guest 18,909
The old Pinebrook Inn Siloam Springs (Apr '13) 5 hr Collins 88
Man Farts 8 hr White Pride 1
Siloam Springs Hotel 9 hr humpty 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

West Plains Jobs

•••
•••
•••

West Plains People Search