'Sheriff' Mike Shannon's Ignorance Co...

'Sheriff' Mike Shannon's Ignorance Costing Taxpayers Again!

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not Ignorant of The Law

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Imagine that! A so-called sheriff that is actually IGNORANT of the law - and he is getting Howell County in A LOT of trouble - AGAIN!!! Unbelievable!!! This time it is to the tune of $23,470.00, PLUS attorney fees, PLUS $100.00 per day until paid, starting October 09, 2012, which by then, he will be in Contempt of Court. Who is going to end up paying this? Us, the taxpayers, that's who! How ignorant can WE be to actually vote him in for a second term! Didn't we learn ANYTHING from the last four years??
warned

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2012
Sheriff's candidate Jim Huddleston, warned us all that Mike was going to continue to get the county in trouble. I don't know how Mike can look at himself in the mirror or sleep at night knowing what he keeps doing to us. When is it going to stop? Can we afford another four years of this?
had it already

United States

#3 Sep 18, 2012
I think the p.o.s. needs to be impeached! I'm sick of all his screwups. Open your eyes people. Mike don't come close to knowin' how to to the job.
Muhammad

West Plains, MO

#4 Sep 18, 2012
Not Ignorant of The Law wrote:
Imagine that! A so-called sheriff that is actually IGNORANT of the law - and he is getting Howell County in A LOT of trouble - AGAIN!!! Unbelievable!!! This time it is to the tune of $23,470.00, PLUS attorney fees, PLUS $100.00 per day until paid, starting October 09, 2012, which by then, he will be in Contempt of Court. Who is going to end up paying this? Us, the taxpayers, that's who! How ignorant can WE be to actually vote him in for a second term! Didn't we learn ANYTHING from the last four years??
Muhammad wants to know what you think he did to cost this much money. please tell Muhammad this.
voter

United States

#5 Sep 18, 2012
disgusting and I voted for mike never again
eye strain

United States

#6 Sep 18, 2012
Muhammad wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad wants to know what you think he did to cost this much money. please tell Muhammad this.
wow didnt u see todays quill. took me half the nite to read all that.
subscriber

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2012
Muhammad wrote:
<quoted text>Muhammad wants to know what you think he did to cost this much money. please tell Muhammad this.
There was quite an article in the Quill newspaper tonight. It covers just about everything.
XIV

United States

#8 Sep 18, 2012
Election is over. Go back to Ohio Jim!
Camo

United States

#9 Sep 18, 2012
Why don't you fill those of us in,who dosen't recieve/or get the Quill????
Omg

Sparta, MO

#11 Sep 19, 2012
The Quill is not putting the whole story in there. Reading and believing what you read in the Quill is about as smart as reading and believing what you see on Topix. Mike has not lost No money and it won't cost the taxpayers anything. Get the facts from somewhere legitimate.
Taxpayer

United States

#12 Sep 19, 2012
XIV wrote:
Election is over. Go back to Ohio Jim!
Hey idiot. Can't you read?

Headline news isn't about any election or person other than the sheriff. If you cannot keep on topic, then keep your nosey, narrow mind off of here. Perhaps it is you who needs to leave if you don't like what happens here.

Any elected official is fair game for public criticism. Any public criticism. It is the peoples' tax dollars paying the official's salary. In essence, that person is owned by the taxpayers.

If the elected official cannot keep his nose clean, then he opens himself up for public outcry. That is just something the official is going to have to live with any time he chooses to hold office.

If the headline of this topix is what is bothering you, then perhaps you need to read the West Plains Daily Quill carefully. It was the judge herself, who referred to the word, "ignorance."

Kudos to the West Plains Daily Quill for an outstanding article and details of such incompetence. I could not agree more.
Jessica

Sparta, MO

#13 Sep 19, 2012
How did I know that this would be being discussed on Topix. While I agree everyone is entitled to their own opioion there should be a point that the truth is told when in a place that people think is a legitatment news source. The Quill will do what they can to make the Sherriff Department look bad and it's not right. I would hope that if I ever held power to write news stories that I would not be as biased as Frank Martin. He does not have to like anyone by any means but this is a little extreme. And ridiculous in my personal opioion, which like Frank Martin I am entitled to have. Mike has not lost money and that will be proven. I hope there is a story about that when it happens, but I am sure there won't be, in the Quill anyway. I normally do not post on here but I also posted this on my Facebook right by my picture because I am not ashamed to say it to anyone's face. Maybe others should follow suite if you think you are correct in believing how you do. It's very easy to bash people when hidden behind a fake user name.
Taxpayer

United States

#14 Sep 19, 2012
Omg wrote:
The Quill is not putting the whole story in there. Reading and believing what you read in the Quill is about as smart as reading and believing what you see on Topix. Mike has not lost No money and it won't cost the taxpayers anything. Get the facts from somewhere legitimate.
The story was taken straight from court documents, word for word. How precise and legitimate can you get? It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

If it wasn't for the West Plains Daily Quill, this too, would be swept under the rug, as with most of Mike Shannon's actions. The Quill has never looked better and the people have that right to know.

Let me remind everyone that Mike Shannon just threw away thousands and thousands of dollars in grant money, owed to the deputies who make less than $28,000 a year, because of incompetence. This form of management also affects the economy within our county!

Ninety other counties in Missouri, NINETY of them, got their information in on time. Shannons's excuse was he had a "computer glitch." Interestingly, he had a year to get the grant information in and he still could not handle it. Hardly a "computer glitch." I feel for the deputies and their families. Especially their children.

I have honestly never seen anyone who simply refuses to "man up" over bad judgement and such poor decisions, as Mike Shannon. He seems to lack a conscience. And it is at everyone's expense. God help us.
einstein

United States

#15 Sep 19, 2012
Jessica wrote:
How did I know that this would be being discussed on Topix. While I agree everyone is entitled to their own opioion there should be a point that the truth is told when in a place that people think is a legitatment news source. The Quill will do what they can to make the Sherriff Department look bad and it's not right. I would hope that if I ever held power to write news stories that I would not be as biased as Frank Martin. He does not have to like anyone by any means but this is a little extreme. And ridiculous in my personal opioion, which like Frank Martin I am entitled to have. Mike has not lost money and that will be proven. I hope there is a story about that when it happens, but I am sure there won't be, in the Quill anyway. I normally do not post on here but I also posted this on my Facebook right by my picture because I am not ashamed to say it to anyone's face. Maybe others should follow suite if you think you are correct in believing how you do. It's very easy to bash people when hidden behind a fake user name.
How long has your bulb been burned out?
johnboy

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2012
If anyone thinks shannon isn't costing the taxpayers MONEY, think again! We are paying him to sheriff, not to stand in front of a judge and get his ass chewed over some illegal stunt he just pulled. That should fall on his time, not ours. How many days has he been at this, instead of doing his job, and we are paying for it! We will also probably have to bail his worthless a$$ out. I'm not in the habit of bailing out criminals with my tax money. That's an Obama trick!
johnboy

United States

#17 Sep 19, 2012
Camo wrote:
Why don't you fill those of us in,who dosen't recieve/or get the Quill????
Too long. Swing by the Quill on Jefferson street, just down from Browns furniture store. I think it runs 50 cents for a copy. Ask for Sept 18 paper. Worth your trip.
curious and wild

United States

#18 Sep 19, 2012
Omg wrote:
Like you, for instance? No thanks. I don't need any of mike's relatives covering up his dirt.
curious and wild

United States

#19 Sep 19, 2012
Omg wrote:
I've seen your posts before and your opinions couldnt be farther from the facts on things. You seem to spread it on pretty thick at times yourself, huh?
yuckyuck

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Jessica wrote:
How did I know you would join us here today? I hope you corrected the spelling and grammar prior to applying your message on Facebook...especially next to a photo of yourself. You seem extremely uneducated...in more ways than one.
ruined his lunch

United States

#21 Sep 19, 2012
I heard after a nasty comment was made by shannon about another county sheriff, that the sheriff called him on it. Mikes reaction? "You just ruined my lunch!" he said. No apologies or nothing. Just whined and moaned that he had been called out on it. What a man. My hero. NOT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 110,342
Those who name. 1 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 26
The Trump Train will stay on the track to MAGA 3 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 259
Pooping 3 hr The Real AK 12
Anti-LGBT 3 hr The Real AK 17
Overtime 3 hr Moon Raker 1
How tall is the head Zizzer football coach? 4 hr ZizP 16

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages