Places to work with a felony

Places to work with a felony

Posted in the West Plains Forum

Ahhh jobless

Mount Vernon, MO

#1 May 15, 2013
What places in wp hire for someone who made a mistake did no harm but has a felony charge??
Lol

Lenexa, KS

#2 May 15, 2013
It's not really as taboo to hire a Felon anymore in most areas. The bad thing is west plains is such a small town that's its years and years behind the rest of the world so it is much more difficult than other areas unfortunately... In Kansas City you can find a job while being a felon no problem as people understand mistakes happen..
Ahhh jobless

Brighton, MO

#3 May 16, 2013
Do you know which factory's in wp hire with that charge?
Just me

United States

#4 May 16, 2013
Most factories are short of work. Envensies might
speedy

Branson, MO

#5 May 16, 2013
your only a felon on paper when your walking around your free but dear god dont fart in this town cuz you will be talked about looked down at and the top post on topix for weeks all from the fat folk who are sitting at their computer farting themselves while posting now truck driving is an honest job and all truck driving schools will take you if your crime has been awhile unless its for drunk driving and you dont have a dl
Just me

United States

#6 May 16, 2013
What did your felony consist of, you don't have to go into every detail
Needing a job

Mount Vernon, MO

#7 May 17, 2013
Pretty much simple burglary bc I went in the wrong house I didn't do anything obviously I thought I was in the right apt we were on the road working it was our first night there
Just me

United States

#8 May 17, 2013
And you was charged with a felony for mistakenly going in the wrong apartment?? That's messed up
be carefull

Reeds Spring, MO

#9 May 18, 2013
If you are new to town and have a felony that does NOT require registration with the law, then do not even tell your neighbor!!! This town is still 50 years behind normal. Even your neighbor will throw your name around and then your a total outcast here!!! A local contractor once told me he had to start going to one of the biggest churches in town before he started getting work.. Good luck.
Slavic Chick

Branson, MO

#10 May 18, 2013
Pizza Hut! They hire "anybody"! Have you seen some of these characters??? lol
Just me

United States

#11 May 19, 2013
The person is right. You make one mistake and the gossip mofia of Wp will ruin you for life. Because throwing blame on others makes them think people don't know the truth about them.good luck!
just a local

Reeds Spring, MO

#12 May 20, 2013
be carefull wrote:
If you are new to town and have a felony that does NOT require registration with the law, then do not even tell your neighbor!!! This town is still 50 years behind normal. Even your neighbor will throw your name around and then your a total outcast here!!! A local contractor once told me he had to start going to one of the biggest churches in town before he started getting work.. Good luck.
Very true!!They will gossip you out of here!! Just get here and start going to one of the churches and you will be fine. Oh wait the churches even make it on topix,gotta love this town!!!
ynotbkind

United States

#13 May 20, 2013
try sawmills scrap yards some places wont do a deep background check just wont know unless u try
Needing a job

Mount Vernon, MO

#14 May 20, 2013
Thanks for the help
fyi

Sparta, MO

#15 May 20, 2013
Unless you are in the financial or business sector the chances of an employer paying for a background check is slim. And then they still may not use that against you, just depends on the employer. Does it show up on MO Casenet? How long ago did this happen? The further away from the conviction the better off you are. Out of curiosity... why did they not charge you with trespassing. I am assuming that the door must have been unlocked if you just walked in. Even if you had been intoxicated they could have charged you with disorderly conduct. Plus they gave you SES instead of SIS on top of it all? Sorry you got screwed over and have to have a felony hanging over your head for no good reason.
fyi

Reeds Spring, MO

#16 May 21, 2013
Please hope it didn't make the MO Casenet! If it did it readily available to ALL!!And around here its everyones favorite thing to look at.
Employer

West Plains, MO

#17 May 21, 2013
I can offer this,

If you apply with me, your application asks if you have ever been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor. If you answer no, and I find out there is, you will NOT get a job, and if you have already started work you will be fired on the spot. That is a matter of honesty.

If you say yes, then try to BS me about it was not your fault, it was just a mistake, etc, then you will not get a job.

If you say yes, and own up to your mistakes, then you stand a good chance.

What you posted here is but one side of the story, and I suspect there is a lot more to it. YOU were convicted by a jury of your peers, or you agreed and stated you were guilty to get a plea bargain. Don't try to BS anyone.
Mike

Branson, MO

#18 May 22, 2013
Walmart in Mt Home. Ask for Billy McGraw in Mt Home. Even if he don't give you a job, he will get you some cash from the register. He's helped me out many times. Had to hide a piece once. He took care of it.
GRave diGGer

Ava, MO

#19 May 22, 2013
gots an open spot for a driver,,,,you dont need no job history just know how to drive fast,,,ha haa haaa,,,some describe this job title as a get-away-driver but its just a driver job cuz we always get away with our jobs,,,ha haa haaa,,,will have a open spot for a back-up door watcher person if leroy doesnt gets out of county soon,,,,ha haa haaaaa,,,,,if you like to talk we might give you a chance at trying the witness saying we waz there the hole times at your cribs,,,,,ha haaa haaaa,,,,81-19 split on all jobs,,,,ha haa haaaaaa,,,,
The clown

Ozark, MO

#20 May 25, 2013
May want to move to springfield and strip , if you can't afford to move there is always cow work to do them farmers are getting old and need someone to scrap poop and rub the utters . I hope you find a job asap .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tattoos in West Plains, MO (Sep '15) 2 hr jafoera 16
House on walnut St next to high rise 2 hr jafoera 6
Why no add?? 3 hr jafoera 7
Trump protests 3 hr Not My President 31
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 hr Trump WON Get Ove... 108,401
Jcpenny 9 hr Shop Amazon 7
How do you feel about being called a hillbilly 14 hr Dincas 14

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages