worried

United States

#1 Dec 16, 2012
What does everyone else think about our local schools security, me myself am not satisfied. On more than one occasion I have walked in to Fairview, until recently, with no one even stopping me. Right down the hall to my child's classroom. This is exactly how this stuff happens. Those doors should be locked! Anyone else in the rural schools see the same thing or is Fairview just lacking?
MOM

Ava, MO

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Our school districts are a joke! They won't take it seriously until us as parents stand up and say something or until a shooting is done here! As a parent I am going to be demanding better safety for my babies! We need to develope a parent counsel to help monitor this! We pay the taxes why are we allowing others to tell us what is safe and what isn't?
JustWondering

Ava, MO

#3 Dec 16, 2012
MOM wrote:
Our school districts are a joke! They won't take it seriously until us as parents stand up and say something or until a shooting is done here! As a parent I am going to be demanding better safety for my babies! We need to develope a parent counsel to help monitor this! We pay the taxes why are we allowing others to tell us what is safe and what isn't?
I'm in with 2 kids at the high school. I walk in the side door all the time and nobody is there to check who I am. Anyone can get into the high school easily, How do we create such a group?
MOM

Ava, MO

#4 Dec 16, 2012
All it takes is a few tax payers with enough guts!
really

Hollister, MO

#5 Dec 17, 2012
It's all rural schools around here. They all are the same. None of them have any better security than the others. Besides you stated you just walk right to the childs classroom. You are suppose to stop at the office and get a visiors pass. Not only is the school lacking so are some of the parents.
worried

United States

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Do u think some crazy person is going to stop for a pass? The point I was making was nobody stopped me.
2nd amendment

Branson, MO

#7 Dec 17, 2012
worried wrote:
Do u think some crazy person is going to stop for a pass? The point I was making was nobody stopped me.
The ONLY solution to eliminate these shootings is quite simple. These nuts only go to kill where it is against the law/rules to carry a concealed gun such as malls, schools etc. Remove these restrictions and let the RESPONSIBLE gun owners, carry their deadly protection. If these criminals and mentally challenged persons thought the teachers and administators were wearing a gun, the shootings will cease immediately, and all other crime will drop dramatically.
DISGRONIFIER

Branson, MO

#8 Dec 17, 2012
MOM wrote:
All it takes is a few tax payers with enough guts!
Our personal safety is our responsibility, unfortunately the police and the military cannot be everywhere.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
DumbDowned

Branson, MO

#9 Dec 17, 2012
DISGRONIFIER wrote:
<quoted text> Our personal safety is our responsibility, unfortunately the police and the military cannot be everywhere.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
Amen...You will learn that the police have a duty to investigate and make an arrest if a suspect is located, but NOT to be there to protect you against the criminal with a gun --- even if they know who that criminal is and that he has threatened you.
It is clear then that the primary responsibility for your own safety and the protection of your life and the lives of your family is yours.
yourjob

Branson, MO

#10 Dec 17, 2012
MOM wrote:
If a lunatic wants to kill a large number of people he will find a way.

The proper response to this tragedy is to try to improve our ability to identify people with the mental depravity necessary to commit such an act and to intervene beforehand.
very concerned parent

Ashburn, VA

#11 Dec 18, 2012
worried wrote:
What does everyone else think about our local schools security, me myself am not satisfied. On more than one occasion I have walked in to Fairview, until recently, with no one even stopping me. Right down the hall to my child's classroom. This is exactly how this stuff happens. Those doors should be locked! Anyone else in the rural schools see the same thing or is Fairview just lacking?
Nope! Its defenitly not just fairview schools lacking of security! Its every rural school! My child used to attend glenwood and its the same way and my child now attends kosh high school and its definatly the same way! Kosh high school has several different little buildings with like one class in each one of them! This means our kids have to be outside alot between classes! How safe does that make them between or even in these classes? NOT VERY!! They need to put metal detectors in at all schools where anyone entering schools have to go through it and make our schools safer for our kids! Anyone who doesnt go toschool there should have to go through the metal detectors and get a visitors pass to make sure our kids are kept safe! If anyone goes back outside or to their vehicle they should go through the metal detector again! NO EXCEPTION!!
nope

Ava, MO

#12 Dec 21, 2012
very concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope! Its defenitly not just fairview schools lacking of security! Its every rural school! My child used to attend glenwood and its the same way and my child now attends kosh high school and its definatly the same way! Kosh high school has several different little buildings with like one class in each one of them! This means our kids have to be outside alot between classes! How safe does that make them between or even in these classes? NOT VERY!! They need to put metal detectors in at all schools where anyone entering schools have to go through it and make our schools safer for our kids! Anyone who doesnt go toschool there should have to go through the metal detectors and get a visitors pass to make sure our kids are kept safe! If anyone goes back outside or to their vehicle they should go through the metal detector again! NO EXCEPTION!!
Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill by the tragic death that happened in Conneticut. This year 446 school age children have been shot in Chicago, and 62 have died. There has been NO push from the left for gun control resulting from the carnage in Chicago. By the way, Chicago has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country and stongest school security.
Come on

Ava, MO

#13 Dec 21, 2012
Do you really want to make a school into a prison? How about teaching your kids safety and actions in case of a bad event. Shooting happen everywhere and anytime. Bad people will be bad people - if someone wants to do something bad, they will and can find a way to do it. Teach your kids how to be aware of their surroundings and have escape routes planned at all times. teach your kids to not be the bad person.
parent

United States

#14 Dec 24, 2012
i just pray theres no more of this madness at school. i dont think i could keep my mind on my studies if i were a kid at school these days

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vanessa howell 1 hr old zizzer 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr The GOP Is Dying ... 101,539
El Charros (Apr '10) 8 hr hotsauce 24
woman who was shot 8 hr who dat 62
Sam Harris demolishes Christianity 9 hr tim 9
thank you vets 9 hr tim 18
If Jesus wasn't a virgin birth...? 9 hr grave digger 11
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]