patron

Sparta, MO

#1 Nov 3, 2013
Anyone have experience with either the public library or Garnett library (the college one)? I know the public library has pretty poor selection, and cards are supposedly pretty expensive if you don't live in the city limits. What about Garnett's community lending service? what's that like? and can you request books from other libraries through either of our local ones? Any info is appreciated!
tim

Lenexa, KS

#3 Nov 3, 2013
Set up fake address in city limits.
Scott

Ozark, MO

#4 Nov 3, 2013
A library card at the West Plains Library used to be $25 if you lived outside the city limits. Yes...they can order books that they do not have from other libraries. Not too sure about Garnett's policies.
grave digger

Rogersville, MO

#5 Nov 4, 2013
tim wrote:
like most do,,,ha haa haaa
patron

Sparta, MO

#6 Nov 4, 2013
thanks scptt, that's helpful. good to know they have interlibrary loan, at least! I'm going to check out garnett today or tomorrow, if anyone is interested in what I figure out, let me know.
BHG

West Plains, MO

#7 Nov 5, 2013
tim wrote:
You have to have at least one piece of mail with your name and address.
LibraryAssistant

Springfield, MO

#8 Nov 7, 2013
patron wrote:
Anyone have experience with either the public library or Garnett library (the college one)? I know the public library has pretty poor selection, and cards are supposedly pretty expensive if you don't live in the city limits. What about Garnett's community lending service? what's that like? and can you request books from other libraries through either of our local ones? Any info is appreciated!
I work at Garnett Library. We have a good selection for academic purposes, and we have a pretty nice selection for fiction books considering we aren't a larger library. If you're not a student at Missouri State University-West Plains or other campuses in Missouri, you aren't allowed to request books from other libraries. As far as holding a community patron account, there's no fee to sign up. You would only have to pay fees if you have an overdue fee.
Patron

Ozark, MO

#9 Nov 7, 2013
LibraryAssistant wrote:
<quoted text>
I work at Garnett Library. We have a good selection for academic purposes, and we have a pretty nice selection for fiction books considering we aren't a larger library. If you're not a student at Missouri State University-West Plains or other campuses in Missouri, you aren't allowed to request books from other libraries. As far as holding a community patron account, there's no fee to sign up. You would only have to pay fees if you have an overdue fee.
Amazing, thank you so much! I've been browsing your selection online, you have a shockingly good and up-to-date poetry selection.
simple

Kansas City, KS

#10 Nov 8, 2013
BHG wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to have at least one piece of mail with your name and address.
Just find any empty house mail a letter or route a bill there no problem.
WPLibrary

Cabool, MO

#11 Nov 20, 2013
Patron is just disgruntled a bit due to the fact that she has never been responsible with the material that she checks out, thats why until she pays up she is not going to be checking any thing out! Garnett's library lookout for her! Amber Alert!
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#12 Nov 20, 2013
WPLibrary wrote:
Patron is just disgruntled a bit due to the fact that she has never been responsible with the material that she checks out, thats why until she pays up she is not going to be checking any thing out! Garnett's library lookout for her! Amber Alert!
the grave digger has 20 books from the west plains library that the grave digger baught at diffrent garage sales,,,ha haa haaa,,,now if the library pays the grave digger,,,then you can have them back,,,45 bucks a book,,,ha haa haaa,,,
Dincas

Ozark, MO

#13 Nov 20, 2013
Be veewy qwuiet. I'm hunting wabbits hewe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Cheneys lesbian ... 105,222
Sick n Tired of Walmart 12 hr hugs4frank 2
South Howell County Ambulance (Sep '08) 17 hr Greg 106
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) 21 hr grave digger 50
FBI/IRS investigate His Place House of Worship 21 hr grave digger 6
Trump Plaza Motel coming to West Plains Sat grave digger 2
Trump is West Plains Voice Sat grave digger 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages