Forsyth, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The U.S. government has perfected the concept of Robin Hood. It lets you keep 55% or so of what you earn so you'll keep trying, as it redistributes the wealth. Then, if you're fortunate to build any equity with the money left over -- after it's already been taxed at least once -- the government will take 55% of that upon your death.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Good ol' Obama wants to "drop" the death tax to ONLY 45%.

Fortunately, I don't have any children that he can cheat out of an inheritance.

The death tax should be done away with.

“Herp Derp”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

The estate tax has been around since 1797, twenty one years after our country first gained it's independence and six years after the founding fathers ratified the bill of rights.
Obama did not invent this unless he's somehow 300+ years old.

“Herp Derp”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

So Satan invented the estate tax?
You're really grasping there.
Stucky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Speeluunjuur wrote:
So Satan invented the estate tax?
You're really grasping there.
A person inspired by satan. Oh I forgot, you don't believe in satan.

“Herp Derp”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Yes, the upkeep of our nation is straight up inspired by Satan. Even assuming that there IS a Satan, this would be pretty preposterous.
Stucky

Willow Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I'm just having s little fun. I'll stop now. Before the real craziness starts.

“Herp Derp”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

lol I assumed you were trolling me but I bit anyway.
Alex Jones

Walnut Shade, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Dope wrote:
The U.S. government has perfected the concept of Robin Hood. It lets you keep 55% or so of what you earn so you'll keep trying, as it redistributes the wealth. Then, if you're fortunate to build any equity with the money left over -- after it's already been taxed at least once -- the government will take 55% of that upon your death.
you are smoking your namesake for sure. wow.
Mr Druggie

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Speeluunjuur wrote:
The estate tax has been around since 1797, twenty one years after our country first gained it's independence and six years after the founding fathers ratified the bill of rights.
On July 1, 1862, the U.S. Congress enacted a tax with respect to certain passing, either by will or intestacy, from deceased persons.
The U.S. estate tax was enacted on September 8, 1916 under section 201 of the Revenue Act of 1916.
Your facts are quite wrong.
The first so called estate tax -- enacted July 6, 1797, required only the purchase of federal stamps for wills and estates, but was terminated four years later because the need for the revenue passed. It was not a tax on your assets upon death, but a --fee-- to write a legal will.

“Herp Derp”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Yeah, I see now that it did get replaced with the 1862 tax. My bad.
Ok, so rather than a 300 year old tax we have about a 200 year old tax. I don't see how any of that invalidates the argument that the tax was not created as intentional villainy.

If no one paid taxes the government wouldn't be able to pay for anything. We don't want to pay taxes, but we do want the government to pay it's debts. How are we going to do that without collecting any money to pay it off with?
Democrat

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Only the wealthy should pay taxes! They can afford it.
Emperor Obama Himself

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Speeluunjuur wrote:
You are the favorite of my disciples. Carry on my work my son. After America falls, I will appoint you second in command.
Wow

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Democrat wrote:
Only the wealthy should pay taxes! They can afford it.
Skip. Inane. Each should be taxed accordingly.
Burn

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Emperor Obama Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the favorite of my disciples. Carry on my work my son. After America falls, I will appoint you second in command.
You will BURN in HE** for your blasphemy. Enjoy!
rug burns

Rockaway Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Speeluunjuur wrote:
Yeah, I see now that it did get replaced with the 1862 tax. My bad.
Ok, so rather than a 300 year old tax we have about a 200 year old tax. I don't see how any of that invalidates the argument that the tax was not created as intentional villainy.
If no one paid taxes the government wouldn't be able to pay for anything. We don't want to pay taxes, but we do want the government to pay it's debts. How are we going to do that without collecting any money to pay it off with?
just not the death tax...but to make it simple for you to understand... I work all my life and have five kids...all I could accumulate is $100 @ my death. Each of my children gets $9 dollars and govt gets $55...death tax should be zero.

“Herp Derp”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

rug burns wrote:
<quoted text> just not the death tax...but to make it simple for you to understand... I work all my life and have five kids...all I could accumulate is $100 @ my death. Each of my children gets $9 dollars and govt gets $55...death tax should be zero.
Then I advise you to start a petition to have it removed. I'm sure there are a lot of people who will agree with you that it either needs to be removed or lowered.

I don't see what the big deal is here, it's not like people are helpless to change things.
the truth

Walnut Shade, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Speeluunjuur wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I advise you to start a petition to have it removed. I'm sure there are a lot of people who will agree with you that it either needs to be removed or lowered.
I don't see what the big deal is here, it's not like people are helpless to change things.
they would have to do some work and not make u stupid conspiracy theories
DumbDowned

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Speeluunjuur wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see what the big deal is? Tax increases, have nothing to do with raising money for Washington. It is all about control, because the more you are taxed, the less of your money you have, and the less freedom to engage economically in this country you have.
derekp

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

DumbDowned wrote:
<quoted text>Don't see what the big deal is? Tax increases, have nothing to do with raising money for Washington. It is all about control, because the more you are taxed, the less of your money you have, and the less freedom to engage economically in this country you have.
A coalition of three dozen ultra-wealthy PROGRESSIVES, including former President Jimmy Carter, communist philanthropist George Soros and former Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin, launched a new effort Tuesday to press the White House to raise the estate(DEATH) tax in order to provide additional revenue for the federal budget.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the West Plains Forum right now

Search the West Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 22 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,042
Man sentenced for vandalizing prosecutor's home 10 hr Dean Lee 1
heimsoth (Jul '13) 11 hr KnowsHeimsothPersonally 9
meth dealers in wp now 12 hr jan cash 10
Who threw the kittens on 160 hwy ? 12 hr Ya Yah 25
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) 18 hr father 42
McDonald's health department 18 hr anon 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

West Plains Jobs

•••