US. Cellular OR Straight Talk

US. Cellular OR Straight Talk

Posted in the West Plains Forum

wondering

Sparta, MO

#1 Dec 28, 2012
Just wondering how straight talk is? Trying to decide which one to go with I know US cellular you have to pay to activate your phone which i think is crazy. Trying to decide which one to go with any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
The Details

Branson, MO

#2 Dec 28, 2012
I only use my phone to tell my family where I am & likewise they can get ahold of me when needed. I don't use it to get on the web or take pictures or any of that fancy stuff. I average around 500 mins of use per month, so I use a pre-paid plan and it works out well.
My kids on the other hand, they can be on the phone non-stop it seems doing everything under the sun, so in their case it would make more sense to by an unlimited plan.
Stephen

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2013
It depends on what is important to you. Straight Talk is a product sold through WalMart. They are dependant on another carriers network, and possibly their Customer service. While it might cost a little more to get started with US Cellular, they are known for great coverage and customer service. The fees they charge are similar to those other major carriers charge. In my experience, US Cell is hard to beat!
Walmart is

Branson, MO

#4 Jan 3, 2013
If you need to make sure you have a reliable phone number that you intend to keep active for a long time, go with the service contract plan. Most people using the same service provider can talk within the network and not be charged for it.
The ones you talk to the most, who is their service provider?
for sure

Reeds Spring, MO

#5 Jan 3, 2013
Go straight talk , seriously 45 bucks a month unlimited everything and depending on the phone you choose the better everything is of course . Us cellular really stinks but that's just my opinion . After using several phone companies because of living in other cities, I got tired of hidden fees and contracts .
us cell customer

United States

#6 Jan 3, 2013
I've been with us cellular for years,but this store charging a $30 activation fee,on top of all the phone charges, has me looking at other options. That's pure BS! us cellular online doesn't even charge that $30 fee,but this pos store does
us cell customer

United States

#7 Jan 3, 2013
PLUS the online/over the phone us cellular employees are 100000 times more curtious and respectfull than the ones in this store
New us cell customer

United States

#8 Dec 21, 2013
I feel like there has got to be a catch here somewhere.. 45 bucks a month for unlimited everything? How can us cellular still be in business? I've still got 12 days to change my mind. Do people just not know about straight talk or what? Starting to think it might be the way to go.. Thoughts
abc

Branson, MO

#9 Dec 22, 2013
This is a discussion my daughter and i have had for a long time. I have us cellular $$$ and she has straight talk. Her phone works great away from west plains and mine has reception problems outside Mo.... especially on i70 going east. However mine gets better reception in rural areas and hers doesn't. As long as you use the internet sparingly (heard they can cut you off our slow down your service) it appears my daughter made a smarter choice for the $$$$
Thumper

Kansas City, KS

#10 Dec 22, 2013
US Cellular has major issues be it customer service, call quality, or their billing issues. We switched to Verizon, our service has been better, and we don't have nearly as many customer service issues.
abc123

United States

#11 Oct 18, 2015
I have had both straight talk and the US cellular prepaid plan, which costs about $54 and some change per month. The service is awful. They say I have 4g LTE data and it only works properly for about the first day of each month. My Instagram will not load at all and my Facebook, Snapchat, and Google is very, very, very, slow. Also the signal hardly works and is off and on when I travel. Straight talk is definitely the way to go, especially if you use the internet. Plus straight talk is almost $10 cheaper. US Cellular told me that if I wanted data that would work the whole month it would be almost $80. Why pay that much when you could pay $45?
YabbaDabba

Ozark, MO

#12 Oct 18, 2015
Straightalk phones run off of Verizon and ATTNT towers. I have been in South Dakota and Brownsville Texas, right by Mexico and it worked fine. US Cellular is over rated and costly.
Jammer

Providence, UT

#13 Oct 18, 2015
YabbaDabba wrote:
Straightalk phones run off of Verizon and ATTNT towers. I have been in South Dakota and Brownsville Texas, right by Mexico and it worked fine. US Cellular is over rated and costly.
So is Verizon its way overrated.
YabbaDabba

Ozark, MO

#14 Oct 18, 2015
Jammer wrote:
<quoted text>So is Verizon its way overrated.
But Straight talk is $45 per month,$60 if you need international. I travel all over and I have no complaints. I have nothing good to say about US Cellular, especially the local store. I have used them or Sprint since 2007 and do not miss either.

Since: Oct 15

Ozark, MO

#15 Oct 18, 2015
US Cellular works better in West Plains.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biblical law on adultery...... 21 min Jacs 19
One More Day 29 min Buh Bye Traitor 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr NOT MY PRESIDENT 108,313
Do you know? rules for cremation? (Oct '09) 7 hr Dincas 30
How do you feel about being called a hillbilly 8 hr Jeb 9
Thomas Peabody Lies Again 10 hr Bearfan2006 4
dog groomer Wed fitter 1

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages