First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned Mother

Ozark, MO

#41 Feb 7, 2012
Children are welcome to attend service with their parents; however, there are several sermons that are too mature for younger children. The church has an awesome children's ministry that approaches scripture on a level they can more fully understand. Children are not forced to go to these classes and all Jeff did was warn everyone that the topic was going to cause some people to be uncomfortable which apparently it did. Maybe you should listen to the sermon and not people on this forum before you decide whether or not you should attend a service at Genesis. The church has changed my life and I do not know where I would be without Genesis, Pastor Jeff, his family, and the hardworking staff, volunteers and friends I have made through Genesis. Their website is www.genesiswired.com . The sermons are available for viewing or listening anytime. Blessings!
Bystander

Ozark, MO

#42 Feb 7, 2012
Wait a minute...back up. If you can find the message where he says he is pure, please do so. Please tell us the date and which message that it was. I have been sitting in the very same congregation as you have, and not once have I heard him even imply that he is anywhere near pure. You are way off base. I have made mistakes and I do not feel like a drug addict, pusher or drunk when I receive God's message. As far as the other people who walk in the door, have problems and are there to receive God's message, perhaps you should include them in your prayers. Please, get some help.
To just a thought wrote:
To just a thought. It is not just this series. Every so many weeks he says how pure he has been and yet every so many sermons he says how bad of husband he was in the past. He gets applause when he says he is pure and and those that have made mistakes get to feel like drug addicts or pushers or drunks that are just taking up space in the pews or seats. Getting to feel less than others around them, even though they have been forgiven. It is important to know your pastor is on the right track when other have fallen in these times, but we know and have been told several times. It is like being in the pews and the pastor standing up there and saying over and over again that I don't use drugs I haven't and I don't intend to EVER. I dont drink I never have and I dont intend to. At the same time have a user and a drunk walking into the doors walking into the church for answers. Do you think the arrogance goes very far with the person looking for answers. This message keeps coming at them even though they were told this was a safe place to be after they got thier act together. This message of I don't drink and I never will I don't do drugs and I never will keeps coming at them. It sonunds like they feel like they are arrogant and better than the person coming for help and sanctuary. This is why christianity is dying in this country and people are growing to hate christians. The "I've got your back syndrome christians" have come. The arrogant snobs that would rather put a dollar in the plate than give a hand to a hurting soul. I have just about given up on christianity and its snobbery.

“Wasting brain cells on topix”

Since: Aug 11

West Plains, MO

#43 Feb 7, 2012
Bystander wrote:
Wait a minute...back up. If you can find the message where he says he is pure, please do so. Please tell us the date and which message that it was. I have been sitting in the very same congregation as you have, and not once have I heard him even imply that he is anywhere near pure. You are way off base. I have made mistakes and I do not feel like a drug addict, pusher or drunk when I receive God's message. As far as the other people who walk in the door, have problems and are there to receive God's message, perhaps you should include them in your prayers. Please, get some help.
<quoted text>
I think you might be thinking of someone else, not me.

I have never said that Pastor Jeff said he was "pure". I also have clearly said that I do not attend Genesis.

And btw, I DO include those in need of help in my prayers.

What help are you hinting that I need?

West Plains, MO

#44 Feb 7, 2012
Oh sorry, my bad. You were not talking to me.

I guess I should learn to read, lol.
to all of you

Sparta, MO

#45 Feb 8, 2012
You have been duped into what your preacher has asked you not to do. Get on Topix. It is the worst kind of gossip. When I listened to the sermons online and his double standard of a safe place and how he could possible be making people feel there I decided to put the chuch on the spot along with your christianity. Now go to church on Sunday and look your preacher in the eye and know you have been on the wort gossip site he told you to stay away from. You can't help yourselvs can you? You can't help but to read it. You can't help but to respond to ot. You don't know if it is true or false. You don't know the truth if it bit you on the ass. Pretending to go to another church telling people to go away. you have a lot of work to do mr Perfect!

Live with yourselves and look him in the eye this Sunday.
to all of you

Sparta, MO

#46 Feb 8, 2012
If you didn't get it it was a ficticious story to begin with to get people in the churgh talking on topix. It was gossip people. So you are gossiping. It wasn't true. So guess what. You are on topix gossiping now and exept for mr perfect in his sexual relationship with his wife making people feel less than whole, are gossiping so I am gone now for you to sit and think about how you are goin gto explain why you go reading topix and responding because you never know if is true or not.
Michelle

United States

#47 Feb 8, 2012
to all of you wrote:
If you didn't get it it was a ficticious story to begin with to get people in the churgh talking on topix. It was gossip people. So you are gossiping. It wasn't true. So guess what. You are on topix gossiping now and exept for mr perfect in his sexual relationship with his wife making people feel less than whole, are gossiping so I am gone now for you to sit and think about how you are goin gto explain why you go reading topix and responding because you never know if is true or not.
. I don't remember passing on gossip. I do remember defending my church and my beliefs from deceitful liars like you. I will have no problem facing Pastor or the church or God. I even use my name not hiding behind falsehoods. I entered this site because my child told me they were being talked about on here and I wanted to face my child's attacker. Apparently you spend a lot of time here. So, go ahead and gloat and sit smuggly before your computer. We will see how smug you are when you stand before the Judge. Have a blessed day.
Grace

Branson, MO

#48 Feb 8, 2012
to all of you wrote:
You have been duped into what your preacher has asked you not to do. Get on Topix. It is the worst kind of gossip. When I listened to the sermons online and his double standard of a safe place and how he could possible be making people feel there I decided to put the chuch on the spot along with your christianity. Now go to church on Sunday and look your preacher in the eye and know you have been on the wort gossip site he told you to stay away from. You can't help yourselvs can you? You can't help but to read it. You can't help but to respond to ot. You don't know if it is true or false. You don't know the truth if it bit you on the ass. Pretending to go to another church telling people to go away. you have a lot of work to do mr Perfect!
You're lying.
Proverbs 10:18
He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Your problem is that apparently neither you nor your spouse have cultivated the grace of humility in your lives and are thus unable to forgive one another quickly and easily for transgressions against one another. Wounds don't heal with time. They fester, become abcessed and finally produce a root of bitterness that sucks all the life out of any relationship.

If you will both humble yourselves and forgive each other from your heart(both sides are always at fault even if it's a 90 - 10 split), then healing and restoration will happen quickly. If just one of you will do so, it will take a little longer but restoration can still happen. It's amazing what the Spirit of God can accomplish because of one person's faithfullness and humility.

Your pastor exposed a deep root of pride in your heart, and you need to repent quickly and thoroughly.
I love Genesis

Jefferson City, MO

#49 Feb 8, 2012
I have been attending Genesis for a while now and would like to say that when Pastor Jeff brings his own personal life into his sermons i feel like he's only letting us know that he is human just like the rest of us. Also, he has mentioned Topix in his sermons before and has asked those that have anything to say to him or about him or the church then to stop hiding behind your computers and to come and talk to him. He will be more than happy to discuss any issues that you have. He ends every sermon telling us that he loves us and thanking us for coming to Genesis.

West Plains, MO

#50 Feb 8, 2012
to all of you wrote:
I guess along with being an idiot, you can't read as well.

"We" have been duped? Really? If you could read (and understand what you are reading) you would see that it was YOU who was duped. I do not see people gossiping about Genesis, I see people rising to defend their church and their pastor. Maybe next time you decide to try and "trick" people, you should work on those with a mental capacity a little closer to yours. Then again, you would get locked up for child abuse so it would probably be your best bet to just keep you mouth shut in the future.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#51 Feb 12, 2013
For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death. (2 Corinthians 7:10 NLT)
had to be said

United States

#52 Feb 12, 2013
Oh, you churchies crack me up with your constant struggle to rationalize your man-made dogma. There is no end to your mythical explanations because you must make up more myth to explain it.
All the while your churches,(social clubs) turn into cestpools teeming with liars, cheaters, and pharisees, beliving yourselves to be adorned in purple robes. But I can see that you are all naked sheep and your "Emporer has no clothes."
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#53 Feb 12, 2013
Been There wrote:
3 hour<quoted text> Exactly! If you are so hurt by a pastor or anyone go to them and tell them! By airing it out here on a public forum, you are doing exactly what you are accusing the pastor of. You say you were hurt by many sermons, why continue to attend! Yes I have had a husband that cheated on my MANY times and he was a youth pastor and the church all found out about it. We stayed and 2 or 3 years later the pastor preached on adultry. Was I offended or hurt, no! He also preached against smoking, drinking, overeating, gambling, drugs---if recovering addicts are sitting in the congregation should they get hurt and mad and publicly denounce the church and the pastor? No. Pastor Jeff is laying his neck out by stepping out and following God and not pulling punches. He is calling sin what it is and the devil doent like it! Again, I am sorry that you and your huband are experiencing troubles and I prayed for God to heal hurt inyou.. But please don't use this forum to tear down something that is doing a good work in the lives of so many others! If you are not willing to go the the pastor then you do need to find a new church. But don't hurt others by destroying something we all love by trashing it here! AnD "Just a Thought or Two" this wasnt aimed at you. I agreed with you then it just took off from there.
in a way your right,,,but then again,,,you cant fix problems without knowing of the problems,,,and then everyone should look at things like this around these parts,,,the reason so many bad mouth churches around here is because of the actions of the churches,,,they created their own reputations and gossip and any bad remark should be an eye opener for said churches,,,but the bad talk never changes anything,,,so when a church or should the grave digger say,,GODS house becomes a closed little society withi its self with a blind eye,,,then the church will have bad things said about it,,,the grave digger still cant wrap around all the wisdom in the grave diggers head how a town with the population at 11,000 and the county population under 50,000 people have so many diffrent out takes of the Bible and have so many churches who preach that GOD is GOD and all have and walk diffrent paths to get to the same heaven,,,,one church says you cant have a cross with jesus on it but the next church says you can but cant play music but the church around the corner from them 2 say you cant have your hair touch your shirt coller but music is alright as long as you grow your own food but the church across town is all going straight to hell because they had a church picnic when the sun was set,,,the grave digger is soooooo confused,,,then to see reality of it all,,that 70% or more of all the church goers right now cant recite the 10 commandments,,,the grave digger is scared,,,ha haa haaa
Rave

Ozark, MO

#54 Feb 12, 2013
Doesntmatter wrote:
Mr Perfect stands before his congregation admitting to them what a terribble husband he has been in the past. How badly he has treated his children and wife emotiotionally. What some would call emotional abuse. But Sunday he stood befor them and the church as Mr Perfect shaming all those that had cheated on thier spoouses.(Rightly so)There are some members of his congregation that have gone through that and talked to each other and prayed about it and decided to work thier way back to a great marriage. The way he brings up the subject he opens wounds and causes hurts he does not have to. He is not the only counselor around. He does not know everybody going though the healing process. He rips opens old wounds and stands in judgement of others like he is perfect when he has had a terrible marriage until the last couple of years. He is fortunate that his wife stayed with him while he emotionally abused her and he needs to understand he is no better than the others he is condemning, he is just forgiven. Go ahead tackle your tough subjects just don't stand thier like you are Mr Perfect when tell us what a loser you have been in the past every time you step in the pulpit. My spouse and I are trying to work through a very tough time in our marriage and the warning signs you talk about are true. Never use sex as a weapon and your body is not yours it belongs to your spouse. Be carefull how you deliver the message that you don't hurt those that have been forgiven and are on the road to recovery with your smuggness and delivery. I like going there but when you get on this topic that you have concern for how you treat those that have made the choice to stay with each other and have made that choice in a prayerful attitude. Get over yourself and stop talking about yourself so much and start talking about God and Jesus more. You have told enough about how you have been a bad example in your past and now you are the pinnacle of the best relationship.
Don't get me started on the logic of the associate pastor. If you work 40 hours a week the 10% is only 4 hours if you want to tithe your time. Its on what you earn not on the total time. I can pick him apart. He needs to stick to scripture and not argue in the pulpit. I don't want to sit in a sermon thinking about how many ways this guy is logically wrong when I can sit and hear Jeff give a good sermon most of the time. Oh, no I don't want to tithe my time.
You need to think about who you can hurt with your messages along with who you can help.
You guys do a lot better when you are not bragging on yourselves.
Really I do enjoy this church but the messages go hypocritical on this subject and they don't care who gets in the line of fire dredging up old wounds. I wouldn't have used topix but I know it will get his attention because he hates it so much and he has been hurting us so much. The technology thing is a pain isn't it? Be careful when you dont have time for people they find a way to get your attention.
Your god is dead. End your woes.
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#55 Feb 12, 2013
Rave wrote:
<quoted text>Your god is dead. End your woes.
our GOD is real and your god loses in the end,,,ha haa haaa,,,if someone doesnt complain about what bothers them,,,then the other person wont know what too improve on,,,get it,,got it,,,ps,,atheist suck by the way,,,ha haa haaa
Taxi

Galena, MO

#56 Feb 14, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>our GOD is real and your god loses in the end,,,ha haa haaa,,,if someone doesnt complain about what bothers them,,,then the other person wont know what too improve on,,,get it,,got it,,,ps,,atheist suck by the way,,,ha haa haaa
Really, cause there is a guy in a big hat that touches kids says he died for sins or tacos.
Great Atheist

Ava, MO

#57 Mar 18, 2013
God is Imaginary. All throughout time man has created many Gods. Notice that those who are christians reject all the other gods. Notice your churches care more about expanding their finances than they do for others,Watch the offering plate,notice that prayers are unbalanced and unanswered.Notice that the resurrected Jesus never pays visits to mankind anymore when he did so many times back in the bible and that the bible doesn't state anything keeping him from coming down and renewing humanities hope in him.Notice that everyone ignores God and Jesus.Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:

Matthew 6:19

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 14:33
Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.
Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money.
Matthew 19:21-24
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:28-29
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
Luke 9:23-25
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?
Matt 13: 22
The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Phil 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
Acts 2:44-45
All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.
The message is clear. If you want to follow Jesus, you need to "sell your possessions and give to the poor." It is a very simple message, and easy to do. Have you done it? The fact that you are reading this page would indicate that you have not. Chances are you own a computer, pay for an Internet connection every month, live in a home or apartment, have a car, etc. In other words, you live a life at a level of wealth unimaginable in Jesus' time. Meanwhile, billions of people on the planet live in startling, abject poverty.
Why don't you sell everything and follow Jesus, as he requests in the Bible? The reason is simple: Jesus and God are imaginary, and you know it. If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.
adam

Stockton, MO

#58 Mar 19, 2013
I'm not at Genesis but I'm the perfect man
a faithful one

United States

#59 Mar 20, 2013
Great Atheist, suppose for a moment that you are right and there is no god. Then the practice of my faith results in me being a better person and me making the world a better place because I live a moral and compassionate life toward my fellow man. If on the other hand you are wrong, that my faith is real and His Word is true then you will spend eternity in hell. Not a hard choice in my book. I hope someday you meet Him.
Curious

Drury, MO

#60 Mar 26, 2013
What a bunch a pathetic individuals ... Going on a smear blog like this and bickering about a church that people voluntarily go to! Get a life!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Stupid Obama Bitches 101,517
vanessa howell 2 hr smart one 1
woman who was shot 3 hr Absurd 28
I wish I wish 6 hr tim 7
Sam Harris demolishes Christianity 10 hr The Awesome Atheist 1
New Gallup Poll Spelling Bad News for Republicans 11 hr SuZ 5
What do Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum and Jeb Bush Ha... 12 hr tim 6
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]