Mr Perfect AT Genesis Church

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Doesntmatter

Norwood, MO

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Mr Perfect stands before his congregation admitting to them what a terribble husband he has been in the past. How badly he has treated his children and wife emotiotionally. What some would call emotional abuse. But Sunday he stood befor them and the church as Mr Perfect shaming all those that had cheated on thier spoouses.(Rightly so)There are some members of his congregation that have gone through that and talked to each other and prayed about it and decided to work thier way back to a great marriage. The way he brings up the subject he opens wounds and causes hurts he does not have to. He is not the only counselor around. He does not know everybody going though the healing process. He rips opens old wounds and stands in judgement of others like he is perfect when he has had a terrible marriage until the last couple of years. He is fortunate that his wife stayed with him while he emotionally abused her and he needs to understand he is no better than the others he is condemning, he is just forgiven. Go ahead tackle your tough subjects just don't stand thier like you are Mr Perfect when tell us what a loser you have been in the past every time you step in the pulpit. My spouse and I are trying to work through a very tough time in our marriage and the warning signs you talk about are true. Never use sex as a weapon and your body is not yours it belongs to your spouse. Be carefull how you deliver the message that you don't hurt those that have been forgiven and are on the road to recovery with your smuggness and delivery. I like going there but when you get on this topic that you have concern for how you treat those that have made the choice to stay with each other and have made that choice in a prayerful attitude. Get over yourself and stop talking about yourself so much and start talking about God and Jesus more. You have told enough about how you have been a bad example in your past and now you are the pinnacle of the best relationship.
Don't get me started on the logic of the associate pastor. If you work 40 hours a week the 10% is only 4 hours if you want to tithe your time. Its on what you earn not on the total time. I can pick him apart. He needs to stick to scripture and not argue in the pulpit. I don't want to sit in a sermon thinking about how many ways this guy is logically wrong when I can sit and hear Jeff give a good sermon most of the time. Oh, no I don't want to tithe my time.
You need to think about who you can hurt with your messages along with who you can help.
You guys do a lot better when you are not bragging on yourselves.
Really I do enjoy this church but the messages go hypocritical on this subject and they don't care who gets in the line of fire dredging up old wounds. I wouldn't have used topix but I know it will get his attention because he hates it so much and he has been hurting us so much. The technology thing is a pain isn't it? Be careful when you dont have time for people they find a way to get your attention.
concerned

Norwood, MO

#2 Feb 6, 2012
That was a little harsh, don't you think?
Gadot

Ozark, MO

#3 Feb 6, 2012
Have you read some of the other post? hhhhaaaa ha seriously Harsh? This women is obviously reaching out While i dont go to church as much as i once did.....(sigh)Spring creek and the Big Guy Who runs it helped me become a better Flawed person.Good luck on your marriage and to all those trin to work things out till next time- Gadot
Concerned

Ozark, MO

#4 Feb 6, 2012
Doesntmatter wrote:
Mr Perfect stands before his congregation admitting to them what a terribble husband he has been in the past. How badly he has treated his children and wife emotiotionally. What some would call emotional abuse. But Sunday he stood befor them and the church as Mr Perfect shaming all those that had cheated on thier spoouses.(Rightly so)There are some members of his congregation that have gone through that and talked to each other and prayed about it and decided to work thier way back to a great marriage. The way he brings up the subject he opens wounds and causes hurts he does not have to. He is not the only counselor around. He does not know everybody going though the healing process. He rips opens old wounds and stands in judgement of others like he is perfect when he has had a terrible marriage until the last couple of years. He is fortunate that his wife stayed with him while he emotionally abused her and he needs to understand he is no better than the others he is condemning, he is just forgiven. Go ahead tackle your tough subjects just don't stand thier like you are Mr Perfect when tell us what a loser you have been in the past every time you step in the pulpit. My spouse and I are trying to work through a very tough time in our marriage and the warning signs you talk about are true. Never use sex as a weapon and your body is not yours it belongs to your spouse. Be carefull how you deliver the message that you don't hurt those that have been forgiven and are on the road to recovery with your smuggness and delivery. I like going there but when you get on this topic that you have concern for how you treat those that have made the choice to stay with each other and have made that choice in a prayerful attitude. Get over yourself and stop talking about yourself so much and start talking about God and Jesus more. You have told enough about how you have been a bad example in your past and now you are the pinnacle of the best relationship.
Don't get me started on the logic of the associate pastor. If you work 40 hours a week the 10% is only 4 hours if you want to tithe your time. Its on what you earn not on the total time. I can pick him apart. He needs to stick to scripture and not argue in the pulpit. I don't want to sit in a sermon thinking about how many ways this guy is logically wrong when I can sit and hear Jeff give a good sermon most of the time. Oh, no I don't want to tithe my time.
You need to think about who you can hurt with your messages along with who you can help.
You guys do a lot better when you are not bragging on yourselves.
Really I do enjoy this church but the messages go hypocritical on this subject and they don't care who gets in the line of fire dredging up old wounds. I wouldn't have used topix but I know it will get his attention because he hates it so much and he has been hurting us so much. The technology thing is a pain isn't it? Be careful when you dont have time for people they find a way to get your attention.
I don't know you but it is obvious that you are hurting and you are working through some difficult things. I do agree that maybe the pastor should talk a little less about himself and more about Bible teachings, and I do agree that the Associate pastor is young, inexperienced and needs some work. If wounds were healed through Christ and our spousal love, respect, and commitment, then talking about what happened or hearing it discussed would not be painful. It might be uncomfortable, but not painful. From your last couple of lines, it sounds as if you have a chip on your shoulder about something that happened. I encourage you to talk to the pastor directly rather than air your grievances in this type of way.
Mr Perfect

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2012
Beep beep I hear you but I need to tell you about my perfect relationship and make you feel bad about yours. It makes BEEP BEEP me feel much better about the way I treated my family in the past. BEEP BEEP. So I can tell people how horrible they are and ignore my shortcomings.
there are many parts to a marriage but I want to ignore all of them but sex for this section of my sermons.
Mr Perfect

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2012
BEEP BEEP Don't you like my horn
concerned

Norwood, MO

#7 Feb 6, 2012
Yes I have a chip on my shoulder and unless you have been in this situation trying to heal you don't know how we would feel each time he drags us through the hurt all over again. And since you chose to resond you are gonna lose this argument since you chose to respond in this forum. I did not say healed I said forgiven we are working on the healed part. He (the pastor) keeps opening the woulnds. We tried to get time with him and he brushed me off.
Christ follower

Hartville, MO

#8 Feb 6, 2012
Go to a real church. There are several in town. They hold their pastors accountable. There is Freewill Baptist, Baptist, Episcopalian, Presbyterian, Catholic, etc... Find another one that you like. They will welcome you with open arms, just try them out. Genesis is a fake church, what do you expect?
Grace

Branson, MO

#9 Feb 6, 2012
I don't attend Genesis, never been there, but to draw the amount of flack this church seems to draw on a regular basis here in this Godless forum, they must surely be doing something right.

Matthew 5:11
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely,
Tard

Branson, MO

#10 Feb 6, 2012
Wasn't Mr. Perfect a professional wrestler at one time?
Been There

United States

#11 Feb 6, 2012
Have you all read the Bible lately? Apparently not! If you don't like the pastor and the way he preaches, go somewhere else! If he stepped on your toes then maybe you needed it! It is his job to put his life before the people and show them that he has sinned and has been healed and forgiven and that others can too. But he is also commanded by God to call sin sin. If you want to be coddled, go somewhere else. PAstor walked all over my husband and I because we are doing things wE shouldn't and we needed called out on it, we talked and prayed about it and our marriage will be stronger. I want to grow as a Christian and get into the meat of the word not the milk. As for the church being controversial--Satan attacks churches that are doing a good work! I love this church and I won't tolerate people who attend to use this forum as a place to attack it. Do us a favor and go elsewhere and I pray you will find what you need. Question---if you were so offended why didn't you walk out?
To Grace and my point

Norwood, MO

#12 Feb 6, 2012
You are right on on multiple levels but to expose myself on another level in public would start destoying my family and I don't wish to do that, so. to be heard and make my point so that he understands that he is hurting people along with helping people with his attack sermons I made this on a level that did not expose myself. Imagine multiple time my spouse and I wanting to explode in tears in the congregation knowing if we do it will take a massive toll on our family. This is a real church and I stand behind it but I will not expose my family to the looks amd the inuendo or the gossip by going to counselling during the daytime. Why are they seeing the preacher. Why are they having problems. I thought I say thier car over at ----house. They are just too popular. No matter how good this church is this is, people still talk. People are jealous of this church and they should take notes because they do things right too, but this is wrong. Some of this lashing may belong in counselling sessions because irresponsible parents are letting children stay in adult oriented services. 9-10 years of age should be the minimum and the church should tell the parents to send your kids to the childrens services they are not allowed. Personally I think 12 would be a good minimum age but I grew up in a different time but look at the things going on today in our society. This gets more attention than telling an elder that agrees with letting the kids stay in. Get the little ones out. Parenting skills have gone down hill and you can't depend on all the parent to make the right decisions. Look where I am right now. Put the kids in childrens services. Put an age limit on who can be in the sancuary for these sevices. Be a pastor. If I am going to sit and take it like an adult then Be the pastor and set some ground rules that are serious.
To Been There

Norwood, MO

#13 Feb 6, 2012
I don't walk out because I am offended. I know sin is sin. But isn't this church founded on the priciple of a safe place? People have done things wrong in thier past and have come to terms with them. and asked forgigiveness. It doesnt mean they healled of everything. You are so pomposs in your arrogance. You don't know what it is like. You assume that you know what every aspect of like is like when you haven't experience it. You are becoming the church you were formed not to be. Sorry but we won't go away just because your feelings were hurt. It is your attitude that made him found this church and find people to make it work. When people don't listen you find a medium that gets peoples attention and creates change or an uncomfortableness that moves for change that doesn't hurt people that are working on thier marriage.
Now what

Norwood, MO

#14 Feb 6, 2012
The more you comment the more this stays at the top and the more people see it. Just take your medicine and leave it alone.
To been there

Norwood, MO

#15 Feb 6, 2012
Got to thinking it wasnt offended. Why should I let you control the conversation. It wasn't offended at all It was hurt and hurt in several services not just this one. It is the lack of thought put in the statements about the people currently cheating and going to cheat. The people who have put it in thier past and trying to go on with thier life is totally different that being corrected. You needed to be corected. We need love and understanding and direction. Not people telling us to go away and somebody treating us like they don't have time for us. You are uncaring like the reputation christianity is getting all over the country. You remind me of the snarling people at the other churches in town that don't want people at thioer churches. People who woudl talk and ,ake it uncomfortable for us. This is why we didn't come here for counseling or make this a know fact in this town. He needs to know there are more steps he needs to take to not to crumble relationships while he is doing what he is supposed to do. Remind me to never ask for a bread crumb from your table if I am starving. I know what kind of person you have revealed yourself to be. How much beating down after you have gone through something like can you take. If you haven't been there you don't know no matter what you say, they are just hollow words.

“Wasting brain cells on topix”

Since: Aug 11

West Plains, MO

#16 Feb 6, 2012
I have been to Genesis Church a few times and it really just wasn't for me. There were things there that I personally don't agree with and I like a church to be more challenging.

With that being said, I don't care what church you go to. The body of Christ is not defined by denomination. If you have such an issue with this church then maybe you need to look somewhere else for a place to worship. There are several great churches around WP, big and small.

And even though Genesis is not for me personally, I am sure it fills a void and that is awesome!

Oh, my initial point was going to be, Topix is really not a place for your type of comments. As a Christian, you should know that the Bible says if you have issue with someone, then you take it up with THEM, not in public. If that person will not make themselves available, then you need to decide for yourself if you are willing to still attend there or if it is time for you to move on. That is a personal decision for you and you alone and judging by ALL of the other threads on topix, I doubt if you will find much sound and respectible advice based on the Bible here.

West Plains, MO

#17 Feb 6, 2012
Maybe the pastors talk next Sunday should be on gossip and handling personal issues? Just a thought.

And make NO MISTAKE! Even though Genesis was not for me personally, Pastor Jeff is still my brother in Christ and I support him and his ministry.
question

Ozark, MO

#18 Feb 6, 2012
Who is the pastor there?
Been There

United States

#19 Feb 7, 2012
3 hour
Just a Thought or Two wrote:
Maybe the pastors talk next Sunday should be on gossip and handling personal issues? Just a thought.
And make NO MISTAKE! Even though Genesis was not for me personally, Pastor Jeff is still my brother in Christ and I support him and his ministry.
Exactly! If you are so hurt by a pastor or anyone go to them and tell them! By airing it out here on a public forum, you are doing exactly what you are accusing the pastor of. You say you were hurt by many sermons, why continue to attend! Yes I have had a husband that cheated on my MANY times and he was a youth pastor and the church all found out about it. We stayed and 2 or 3 years later the pastor preached on adultry. Was I offended or hurt, no! He also preached against smoking, drinking, overeating, gambling, drugs---if recovering addicts are sitting in the congregation should they get hurt and mad and publicly denounce the church and the pastor? No. Pastor Jeff is laying his neck out by stepping out and following God and not pulling punches. He is calling sin what it is and the devil doent like it! Again, I am sorry that you and your huband are experiencing troubles and I prayed for God to heal hurt inyou.. But please don't use this forum to tear down something that is doing a good work in the lives of so many others! If you are not willing to go the the pastor then you do need to find a new church. But don't hurt others by destroying something we all love by trashing it here! AnD "Just a Thought or Two" this wasnt aimed at you. I agreed with you then it just took off from there.

West Plains, MO

#20 Feb 7, 2012
Been There wrote:
3 hour<quoted text> Exactly! If you are so hurt by a pastor or anyone go to them and tell them! By airing it out here on a public forum, you are doing exactly what you are accusing the pastor of. You say you were hurt by many sermons, why continue to attend! Yes I have had a husband that cheated on my MANY times and he was a youth pastor and the church all found out about it. We stayed and 2 or 3 years later the pastor preached on adultry. Was I offended or hurt, no! He also preached against smoking, drinking, overeating, gambling, drugs---if recovering addicts are sitting in the congregation should they get hurt and mad and publicly denounce the church and the pastor? No. Pastor Jeff is laying his neck out by stepping out and following God and not pulling punches. He is calling sin what it is and the devil doent like it! Again, I am sorry that you and your huband are experiencing troubles and I prayed for God to heal hurt inyou.. But please don't use this forum to tear down something that is doing a good work in the lives of so many others! If you are not willing to go the the pastor then you do need to find a new church. But don't hurt others by destroying something we all love by trashing it here! AnD "Just a Thought or Two" this wasnt aimed at you. I agreed with you then it just took off from there.
Lol,,,I know. Preach it sister!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diane Beam 1 hr Yankandspank 1
Tonight's GOP debate. 16 hr tim 1
Accident with fatalities on 63 16 hr wow 23
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 21 hr tim 103,489
Trump Stumped in Iowa 22 hr Johnny Reno 14
who is johnny dixon? Sat hawk 1
How do I tell my boyfriend? Sat tim 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages