Walter

Willow Springs, MO

#1 Feb 22, 2010
So, I was listening to the radio and all they were talking about is this monster truck show coming to town. I cant friggen wait!!!! I love seeing shit get squished! anyone else pumped
WoopWoop

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2010
You think they talk about it enough?
Curious

Sparta, MO

#3 Feb 23, 2010
How in the world are they going to have enough room in the civic center though?
WoopWoop

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Feb 23, 2010
They're removing the lower seating in the civic center from what I heard.
fred

West Plains, MO

#5 Feb 23, 2010
does anyone know how much it costs?when?time?
Walter

Willow Springs, MO

#6 Feb 23, 2010
19 bucks for adults. 14 for kids. Its on March 13th. there is a show at 2 and a show at 7
fred

West Plains, MO

#7 Feb 23, 2010
thank you. Do you know if under a certain age is cheaper? I have a 6 and 3 yr. old.
Walter

Willow Springs, MO

#8 Feb 24, 2010
sorry, not sure
Curious

Sparta, MO

#9 Feb 24, 2010
They had one 10.00 ticket left this morning when we called......
not sure

United States

#10 Feb 24, 2010
they are not going to run the trucks inside are they, there is not enough room. I think its some kind of car/truck show. Monster trucks are just going to be on display i think. i could be wrong but there is no room in there and the exhaust fumes would be ridiculous
sure

Willow Springs, MO

#11 Feb 25, 2010
No, they are going to be inside. They are going to make room by pushing the bottom seats in. Monster trucks will be running.
Blasphemer

Sparta, MO

#12 Feb 25, 2010
sure wrote:
No, they are going to be inside. They are going to make room by pushing the bottom seats in. Monster trucks will be running.
This is exactly what I heard. I've seen monster trucks in a 20,000 seat arena and that was way too loud and the exhaust was horrible, I can't imagine it being that enjoyable in the civic center. If anyone is taking their kids make sure you bring earplugs.
Mama

Decatur, TX

#13 Feb 27, 2011
I can ASSURE you that the trucks will have enough room, I'm with one of the teams! We perform in even smaller venues than this, and remember the trucks have front AND rear steering, so it doesn't take that much room. Yes, earplugs are suggested, as at ALL shows. Kids love these shows, especially those old enough to play with the "Hot Wheels", but if your child has tubes in their ears, please make sure they have ear MUFFS, you can pick them up at Wal-Mart or a similar store relatively inexpensively and it will make their time much more enjoyable (the tubes seem to amplify the noise to the point it is painful--saw this personally with my own nephew). Come on out, the drivers need your support and will give you a great show!!!
Just me

Fulton, MO

#14 Feb 27, 2011
Went last year........big WASTE of time and money.

Had to keep stopping the show because of the air quality.

And they really coudln't do much worth watching for lack of room.
whatever

Branson, MO

#15 Feb 27, 2011
Mama wrote:
I can ASSURE you that the trucks will have enough room, I'm with one of the teams! We perform in even smaller venues than this, and remember the trucks have front AND rear steering, so it doesn't take that much room. Yes, earplugs are suggested, as at ALL shows. Kids love these shows, especially those old enough to play with the "Hot Wheels", but if your child has tubes in their ears, please make sure they have ear MUFFS, you can pick them up at Wal-Mart or a similar store relatively inexpensively and it will make their time much more enjoyable (the tubes seem to amplify the noise to the point it is painful--saw this personally with my own nephew). Come on out, the drivers need your support and will give you a great show!!!
went last year and it was horrible!!!
Mama

Decatur, TX

#16 Feb 28, 2011
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome, LOL. We know we're up against a challenge, with some lack-luster performances last year, but we're looking forward to changing some minds. Hopefully, you'll give us a chance and not hold their show against us!

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Mar 9, 2011
whats the story on tickets? Are there any left and where do you call?

thanks!
Tater

Forsyth, MO

#18 Mar 9, 2011
I think it's cool. And I heard they are selling beer at the 7 pm show.
Interceptor

Marshfield, MO

#19 Mar 9, 2011
I went last year and agree it was kind ve a waste of money but, my boy loved it so we will be there again this year. Oh by the way, its this Saturday the 12th.
Two shows, the kids show is at 2pm and the finale is at 7pm.
I do think that they should wait till it is warmer out so they can have it at either the track or the fair grounds. Reason being they would run the trucks for 5 mins. then stop to air out the place due to the raw exhaust.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WP Football Team 55 min BIGZPROBLEM 4
why are ZIZZERS bid deal 58 min Chief 2
Flunkie from R7 hating on Richards 1 hr Lainie 9
Good thing they called of school in WP R-7 today 1 hr Clyde 2
Who owns People's Park? 2 hr Discouraged neighbor 7
what makes ZIZZERS special 3 hr Clyde 2
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Welfare Liberals 100,407

Winter Storm Warning for Howell County was issued at March 04 at 1:09PM CST

West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:08 am PST

NBC Sports 9:08AM
Kendall Langford visiting the defensive tackle-less Lions today
Bleacher Report 9:28 AM
Kendall Langford: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Free-Agent DT
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
Bleacher Report 6:35 PM
Should NFL Teams Consider Steep Price of Justin Houston Trade?
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip