The End of Genesis Church
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Whatever-

West Plains, MO

#85 Apr 16, 2013
When you post stuff on here you will get someones opinion...and don't judge me, you don't know who I am or what I have been through.
Free Society

Branson, MO

#86 Apr 16, 2013
Fresheyes and Atheist why don't you leave christians alone. You may think giving their money to these churches is foolish, but did you ever stop to think that it makes them feel good and gives them comfort in their life. It's their money they should be able to do what they want with it. If they are not savy enough to keep track of it or ask questions about it, then that's their problem. I'm sure you spend money to do stuff that seems foolish to them. I know that I spend money on things that are foolish, but it's my money! And as for Churches being crooked, it is a very few that are like that. Most churches do overwhelming good. And you can find coruption in all aspects of life. How many times have you heard of a crooked business or even a crooked charity. And the biggest crook of all THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, now there is a huge scam on all of us. And if this is really bothering you and since you know so much about the law, why all the talk, just get an investigation going or at least request and audit. I expect you would rather just talk and try to drag other people down with you, because you are not happy in your own life.
Whatever-

West Plains, MO

#87 Apr 16, 2013
Free Society wrote:
Fresheyes and Atheist why don't you leave christians alone. You may think giving their money to these churches is foolish, but did you ever stop to think that it makes them feel good and gives them comfort in their life. It's their money they should be able to do what they want with it. If they are not savy enough to keep track of it or ask questions about it, then that's their problem. I'm sure you spend money to do stuff that seems foolish to them. I know that I spend money on things that are foolish, but it's my money! And as for Churches being crooked, it is a very few that are like that. Most churches do overwhelming good. And you can find coruption in all aspects of life. How many times have you heard of a crooked business or even a crooked charity. And the biggest crook of all THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, now there is a huge scam on all of us. And if this is really bothering you and since you know so much about the law, why all the talk, just get an investigation going or at least request and audit. I expect you would rather just talk and try to drag other people down with you, because you are not happy in your own life.
Well said!
just me

United States

#88 Apr 16, 2013
Whatever- wrote:
When you post stuff on here you will get someones opinion...and don't judge me, you don't know who I am or what I have been through.
reread what you wrote! You was the one judging,and what you just said goes both ways!
Whatever-

West Plains, MO

#89 Apr 16, 2013
Maybe you should re-read what you wrote because it makes no sense.
Geezus

United States

#90 Apr 16, 2013
Genesis is getting ready for a big expansion, that is where a big portion of their money is going.
want a real church

Ridgedale, MO

#91 Apr 17, 2013
Try promised land passed walmart across from skateland up on hill. They also have a christian tv station called tv 38. Awesome crowd great pastor u can really feel GodGod's presence!!
adviceman

Sparta, MO

#92 Apr 27, 2013
Hey if any of you are looking for a good family oriented Bible based church i heard that Journey church just west of Morlan shell Ford,is an awesome place to go. Not a real big church and you can come as you are....casual dressed in a t-shirt and jeans if you wish. Sunday 10 am and Wed.at 7pm.
home school

Austin, TX

#93 Apr 29, 2013
Entertainment wrote:
Churches have to be entertaining. If church was boring no one would go.

Just the opposite!

Churches are about learning the Bible and relationship with Jesus. Entertainment has gotten in the way of this. We are entertained to death! Literally!

I am not a member of any church and do not feel the need now more than ever this Bible study can be done online.
Sigh

Elkhorn, NE

#94 May 5, 2013
Melissa Adams wrote:
What does it matter that they weren't in the insert? Maybe they paid off debt? Maybe they gave it to missions to help with the lost? Maybe they gave some to do church planting? We give money to "the church" to be used as they see fit. Scripture says to give it & trust that God will use it for the good. It's not up to me to micromanage the leaders of the church, judging where every single penny is spent. By the way, that's not being naive, that's trusting in God.
Sorry, but that is naive. You are not giving your money to god, you are giving it to a human being who is supposed to use it for "gods work". This same mind-set is why the catholic church has such a huge problem with sexual abuse. Sheep who didn't believe that they should question their preachers....that god would protect the children.
Sigh

Elkhorn, NE

#95 May 5, 2013
Melissa Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to take scripture out of context.
It's amazing how often I hear that response from people when questioned on scripture that they do not follow...
Sigh

Elkhorn, NE

#96 May 5, 2013
want a real church wrote:
Try promised land passed walmart across from skateland up on hill. They also have a christian tv station called tv 38. Awesome crowd great pastor u can really feel GodGod's presence!!
You know who else really feels gods presence during their worship? Muslims, Hindus, Mormons, Buddhists, etc, etc....
Kay123

West Plains, MO

#97 Feb 20, 2015
palinlover wrote:
I am just repeating what several members have told me. I also know for a fact that I gave money to Genesis and I had a right to know where it was going, but when I asked to see the budget I was told "no way".
So if you are a member just prove me wrong and tell me that the finances are shared with any member who gives to the church.
I also noticed that Genesis was not in the Daily Quill insert in tonight's paper of all of the area churches?
Lol I have a copy of the 2013 and 14 budget report! I Don't attend that church anymore because I wanted a more traditional church. But I learned so much there! Palinlover this is low of you to start a rumor about a church! Shame shame!
gawdlover

United States

#98 Feb 21, 2015
Kay123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Palinlover this is low of you to start a rumor about a church! Shame shame!
uh huh? How bout refreshing a two year old thread to complain?
tim

Beatrice, NE

#99 Feb 21, 2015
gawdlover wrote:
<quoted text>uh huh? How bout refreshing a two year old thread to complain?
just as topix is the place for shit, so must the shit be organized in its particular place like this thread should go under science fiction/dumbass/heretics
tim

Beatrice, NE

#100 Feb 21, 2015
WHAT THE GODLY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT ON THEIR FREE TIME..........
FIND A REAL CHURCH FAKE UPSTARTS ARE SCAMS
bell

United States

#101 Feb 21, 2015
Seventh Day Adventist is the one true church. Down with Catholics, Baptists, Protestants, Pentecostals, and Mormons.
jab

United States

#103 Nov 21, 2015
You guys are nuts smh lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump! trump! trump! 2 min DICK 37
Christmas Lights in WP? 24 min DICK 16
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Norton 107,611
Shop with a cop 1 hr amen 2
Trump creating new Dawt Mill Dam and Lake. 1 hr its great again 4
TRUMP reopening IRON ORE mines in Howell County 4 hr maga 1
Obama dont like white people 4 hr Chattah 5

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages