The End of Genesis Church

Since: Feb 12

West Plains, MO

#63 Mar 31, 2013
There must really be something to hide or there wouldn't be so many excuses showing up? I don't have a problem with people giving to their church. I gave to Genesis when I went there. Then I asked, "where is the money being spent?" I was not told to leave but I it was made very clear to me that I would not get an answer and "how dare I ask". I have a problem with any church who will not tell everyone who gives them money where is going. Blanket "it is doing God work" statements mean nothing.
It does matter

Ozark, MO

#64 Mar 31, 2013
Melissa Adams wrote:
What does it matter that they weren't in the insert? Maybe they paid off debt? Maybe they gave it to missions to help with the lost? Maybe they gave some to do church planting? We give money to "the church" to be used as they see fit. Scripture says to give it & trust that God will use it for the good. It's not up to me to micromanage the leaders of the church, judging where every single penny is spent. By the way, that's not being naive, that's trusting in God.
By LAW, it does matter! I also went to a church that recieved a large sum of money and the preacher will not show the books to anyone but few he choose to tell. He has been asked by members but refuses to tell and then asks for money all the time! He is beaking the law as well as his followers pocet books. If you have nothing to hide, showing the books should not be a problem.
Let me say it AGAIN

Ava, MO

#65 Mar 31, 2013
It does matter wrote:
<quoted text>
By LAW, it does matter! I also went to a church that recieved a large sum of money and the preacher will not show the books to anyone but few he choose to tell. He has been asked by members but refuses to tell and then asks for money all the time! He is beaking the law as well as his followers pocet books. If you have nothing to hide, showing the books should not be a problem.
It is NOT being kept a "secret" the financials are given every year at the yearly business meeting for the ministry partners (church members). I find it odd/strange that palinlover wants to see the financials of every church she attends.
to each his own

Ozark, MO

#66 Mar 31, 2013
Let me say it AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT being kept a "secret" the financials are given every year at the yearly business meeting for the ministry partners (church members). I find it odd/strange that palinlover wants to see the financials of every church she attends.
Let me tell YOU AGAIN. Maybe at your church! None of the (church members) get to see the financial report where I was going.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#67 Apr 1, 2013
to each his own wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tell YOU AGAIN. Maybe at your church! None of the (church members) get to see the financial report where I was going.
Then you are twice over, a bloody fool for going. You are a fool once for following the myth and second for supporting so blindly the perpetuation of the myth. Gullibility such as that is alarming.
Let me say it AGAIN

Ava, MO

#68 Apr 1, 2013
to each his own wrote:
<quoted text>
You just showed your ignorance. Well played.
to each thier own

Ozark, MO

#69 Apr 1, 2013
Let me say it AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>
You just showed your ignorance. Well played.
What is so ignorant about my comment. The church I am talking about will not show members the books period! How would you know, you don't even go there! so you may KMA
Springfield resident

Springfield, MO

#70 Apr 1, 2013
Church is nice.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#71 Apr 7, 2013
palinlover wrote:
There must really be something to hide or there wouldn't be so many excuses showing up? I don't have a problem with people giving to their church. I gave to Genesis when I went there. Then I asked, "where is the money being spent?" I was not told to leave but I it was made very clear to me that I would not get an answer and "how dare I ask". I have a problem with any church who will not tell everyone who gives them money where is going. Blanket "it is doing God work" statements mean nothing.
Small minds feel the need to try to tear down things they do not understand. I feel sorry for you please feel free to reply and I will provide you a copy of a financial statement, from Genesis, they will make copies for anyone to take with them.

United States

#72 Apr 7, 2013
Ave Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Small minds feel the need to try to tear down things they do not understand. I feel sorry for you please feel free to reply and I will provide you a copy of a financial statement, from Genesis, they will make copies for anyone to take with them.
The question remains: Why were the leaders of the church so hell bent on keeping things secret and hidden?

Since: Feb 12

West Plains, MO

#73 Apr 8, 2013
Ave Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Reply. Please post the financial statement.
well duh

United States

#74 Apr 8, 2013
Fresheyes and palinlover don't you know that's private info. Can't be posted for the world to see. Haha

United States

#76 Apr 9, 2013
well duh wrote:
Fresheyes and palinlover don't you know that's private info. Can't be posted for the world to see. Haha
First; did you read the RSMo that deals with non-profits like churches? For those who were raised by the Government Schools and find even the lowest level research beyond their ability, I even posted the statute number for you. Go read the law, it isn’t difficult to grasp. It isn’t private information.
Second; at NO point did I ask this collective of blind myth believers or it’s equally confused leaders to post the budget on this site or anywhere else on the internet. Reread my comment ignat.
Check Six…
Later
Really

Thayer, MO

#77 Apr 9, 2013
fresheyes wrote:
<quoted text>
First; did you read the RSMo that deals with non-profits like churches? For those who were raised by the Government Schools and find even the lowest level research beyond their ability, I even posted the statute number for you. Go read the law, it isn’t difficult to grasp. It isn’t private information.
Second; at NO point did I ask this collective of blind myth believers or it’s equally confused leaders to post the budget on this site or anywhere else on the internet. Reread my comment ignat.
Check Six…
Later
You lie and the truth is not in you! Check out the church's website, and when they post this past weekend's sermon, listen to it, and you will have your answer. ANYONE can see financials, and the pastor doesn't even have the authority (or access) to write checks, nor does he have access to the offering. There is a system in place to ensure your lunatic accusations cannot occur!

genesiswired.org

United States

#78 Apr 9, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie and the truth is not in you! Check out the church's website, and when they post this past weekend's sermon, listen to it, and you will have your answer. ANYONE can see financials, and the pastor doesn't even have the authority (or access) to write checks, nor does he have access to the offering. There is a system in place to ensure your lunatic accusations cannot occur!
genesiswired.org
You say I lie and the truth is not in me. Interesting how you accuse someone of falsehoods when you have obviously not taken the time to read what I have posted. I couldn’t care less about the pastor and his ravings about the myths of Old and New Testaments’. You accuse me lying yet you will go into a building, listen to a “sermon” based on legends and folklore dispensed as “Gospel” and follow because it makes you “feel good in your heart”. No you are consumed with feelings of inadequacy in perhaps your manhood, or your ability to provide, maybe your education, even sexually and the only way you can feel whole is if God takes up the slack and fills you with His strength etc… blah, blah, blah. All I pointed out was even the Genesis Church has to follow the law. As they instruct the “faithful” in the fables, campfire stories and scripture translated to suit King James and his proclivity for multiple sexual partners (wives) you are NOT above the law.
investing

Cameron, MO

#80 Apr 14, 2013
I don't use my hard-earned money to invest in a company without looking at the financial. Why would I want to invest my time or money in a church or any other not-for-profit without looking at their financials?

I've been a bookkeeper for many years, and seen the books of several churches. Most preachers and prominent leaders of the church use the church's income to supplement their own in various ways. It's all justified one way or another. Happen's everywhere.
just me

United States

#81 Apr 15, 2013
All I know is this preacher past judgment on me,and doesn't even know me,or the truth,and apparently does not care
Whatever-

West Plains, MO

#82 Apr 15, 2013
just me wrote:
All I know is this preacher past judgment on me,and doesn't even know me,or the truth,and apparently does not care
I don't believe that for one second! You are just trying to stir up trouble....How can this Church be sooo bad when the building is packed every service?
Entertainment

Cameron, MO

#83 Apr 15, 2013
Churches have to be entertaining. If church was boring no one would go.
just me

United States

#84 Apr 15, 2013
Whatever- wrote:
<quoted text> I don't believe that for one second! You are just trying to stir up trouble....How can this Church be sooo bad when the building is packed every service?
did I ask for your opinion? As with any large church, to see and be seen. Are all the ones going, going with that mind set, No! And did I even say anything about the ones who do go there? NO! Post away your not worth my time faker

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr NOT MY PRESIDENT 108,404
Destany Boss 4 hr PseudoHappiness 3
Trump protests 5 hr Geeesh 33
Jcpenny 6 hr Bill romine 8
Tattoos in West Plains, MO (Sep '15) 9 hr jafoera 16
House on walnut St next to high rise 9 hr jafoera 6
Why no add?? 10 hr jafoera 7

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages