The End of Genesis Church
It is my biz-

Ava, MO

#21 Mar 27, 2013
He has been driving the same car since he has started the Church....You don't have to leave an offering if you don't want to...he makes that very clear at his services...so just go and attend an awesome Church and get you some FREE donuts and coffee and see what it is all about. You will not be judged for not leaving an offering.
Melissa Adams

Sparta, MO

#22 Mar 27, 2013
not my biz buuuttttt wrote:
My child pointed out, and ask why did this pastor keep saying he's not into money and new things and he's been driving the same ol' mini van for years,, but they have been taking fancy vacations and driving a new car. Not my concern,but I thought it amazing that kids have noticed this
They do have another job besides the church. Maybe, just maybe they save their money from the job that's not the church so they can spend some time away & purchase a newer used vehicle. Because we all know that no one else ever gets to get away or purchase newer vehicles.(Insert sarcasm here). It's just those terrible church people that we want to drag their name through the dirt. So very sad.
It is my biz-

Ava, MO

#23 Mar 27, 2013
Couldn't agree more Melissa, Around here if you don't drive a beat up rig that is not insured and cant afford to take their family on vacations there is something wrong with you! It's the people that trust in God and don't spend their paychecks on Meth or partying every weekend that excel in life...but the non-christians don't understand this. If they would just step out in faith and do God's will, they too will be blessed with all life has to offer...but people who do this find out who their true friends are and won't do it for fear of being made fun of for going to Church.
GoodChristian

Ozark, MO

#24 Mar 27, 2013
It is my biz- wrote:
Couldn't agree more Melissa, Around here if you don't drive a beat up rig that is not insured and cant afford to take their family on vacations there is something wrong with you! It's the people that trust in God and don't spend their paychecks on Meth or partying every weekend that excel in life...but the non-christians don't understand this. If they would just step out in faith and do God's will, they too will be blessed with all life has to offer...but people who do this find out who their true friends are and won't do it for fear of being made fun of for going to Church.
I work two jobs to pay my bills. I drive that beat up rig and can't afford top take my family on vacation,BUT I most certainly do not party or do drugs of any kind, nor am I a bad person. Please think before you type. Not all of God's followers are wealthy or excelling to the point of taking vacations and driving a new model vehicle. It sounds as if you are judging character based on possessions too.
Hahahaha

Ozark, MO

#25 Mar 27, 2013
Melissa Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
They do have another job besides the church. Maybe, just maybe they save their money from the job that's not the church so they can spend some time away & purchase a newer used vehicle. Because we all know that no one else ever gets to get away or purchase newer vehicles.(Insert sarcasm here). It's just those terrible church people that we want to drag their name through the dirt. So very sad.
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me. Matthew 19:21
Hahahaha

Ozark, MO

#26 Mar 27, 2013
It is my biz- wrote:
What a phony,judging christian flake you are!

Luke 16:19-25. "Now there was a certain rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, gaily living in splendor every day. And a certain poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores, and longing to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table; besides, even the dogs would come and lick his sores.
Now it came about that the poor man died and he was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. And in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes, and saw Abraham far away, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried out and said,'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue; for I am in agony in this flame.'
But Abraham said,'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony...'"
Wondering

El Dorado Springs, MO

#27 Mar 27, 2013
Where did the Pastor of this church come from?
SMH

United States

#28 Mar 27, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Where did the Pastor of this church cmome from?
Stab Watsons butt hole.
It is my biz-

Ava, MO

#29 Mar 27, 2013
I never said that a life blessing was driving around in a new car....go to Church and learn what "Life's Blessings" are.
Atheist

Ozark, MO

#30 Mar 27, 2013
It is my biz- wrote:
I never said that a life blessing was driving around in a new car....go to Church and learn what "Life's Blessings" are.
But you were the dumb*ss insinuating that.
Bluf

United States

#31 Mar 27, 2013
If jeff's performance bases his pay then he deserved a vacation and a newer car .. U probably wont go to to many churches without a nice vehicle or 2 in the parking lot ... If god wants to bledd the pastor , who are we to judge ...
Melissa Adams

Sparta, MO

#32 Mar 27, 2013
Hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me. Matthew 19:21
Way to take scripture out of context. I suspect they live by Luke 6:38. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together & running over will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

It's not bad to have nice things. Unfortunately most people in this area live under the whole attitude that you have to be miserable & scrapping for every dime.
just me

United States

#33 Mar 27, 2013
Melissa Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to take scripture out of context. I suspect they live by Luke 6:38. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together & running over will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
It's not bad to have nice things. Unfortunately most people in this area live under the whole attitude that you have to be miserable & scrapping for every dime.
Just a little fyi, your not helping your cause one bit by running your mouth like you are.
It is my biz-

Ava, MO

#34 Mar 27, 2013
She was not the one who started this...the idiot who was bashing the Church did....she just defended it. Church, to Christians are family and usually Christians will defend family.
Melissa Adams

Sparta, MO

#35 Mar 27, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a little fyi, your not helping your cause one bit by running your mouth like you are.
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate your concern for me. Feels good to be loved.:-)
been there

United States

#36 Mar 27, 2013
Melissa Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate your concern for me. Feels good to be loved.:-)

Who are you and why do you seem to think your so important?
not my biz buuuttttt

United States

#37 Mar 27, 2013
I should not have commented at all on this topic. I apologize for letting myself. This topic burns me for many reasons,but giving any aknowledgement to it is pointless. Carry on folks carry on ----
tfdd

United States

#38 Mar 27, 2013
Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>If this is true about the books not being open to the public for review, that is illegal. All not for profits, have to show the books.
Did u learn that on topix ???

Since: Jan 13

United States

#39 Mar 28, 2013
If this non-profit is registered as a 501-3C it MUST upon request (and given a reasonable amount of time) open its books. That is Missouri Law to wit:

Furnishing of financial statements.
RSMo 355.846. 1. Except as provided in the articles or bylaws of a public benefit corporation which is a church or convention or association of churches, a corporation upon written demand from a member or resident shall furnish that member or resident its latest annual financial statements, which may be consolidated or combined statements of the corporation and one or more of its subsidiaries or affiliates, as appropriate, that include a balance sheet as of the end of the fiscal year and statement of operations for that year. If financial statements are prepared for the corporation on the basis of generally accepted accounting principles, the annual financial statements must also be prepared on that basis.

2. If annual financial statements are reported upon by a certified public accountant, the accountant's report must accompany them. If not, the statements must be accompanied by the statement of the president or the person responsible for the corporation's financial accounting records:

(1) Stating the president's or other person's reasonable belief as to whether the statements were prepared on the basis of generally accepted accounting principles and, if not, describing the basis of preparation; and

(2) Describing any respects in which the statements were not prepared on a basis of accounting consistent with the statements prepared for the preceding year.
They work A LOT

West Plains, MO

#40 Mar 28, 2013
First off this whole thing is ridiculous if you all go to this church that you would not just take this issue to the elders of the church instead of trashing talking it on the Internet. But not that it is anyone's business what people do with their own personally money but they also work full time jobs outside of helping this church full time. The pastor on a average weekend will have over 900 people and has another job helping people that have special needs. So before someone judges them on the money they spend maybe you should stop and think that maybe they work their butt off for the things they have. You know what makes me aggravated is that I work two jobs and some people that could work don't and live off the government. That is something to complain about in my opinion. So if other people that work two jobs would like to go on a vacation every once in a while when they work nonstop seven days a week, I personally am not going to ask questions. We all spend our money our own way. I personally know these people and I know that Jeff is tight when it comes to spending his money. His idea of fine dining is eating out at Wendy's. he worked hard for his money, he saves money, in turn he can go on vacation or buy a new car.. Why is that so hard to understand. If you think they are stealing any money from that church you are wrong. They left a very affluent lifestyle to come back to Missouri for crap pay for people like me to lead them to Christ. This church is going no where and continues to get bigger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Air evac 14 min tim 36
The Obamas...First Family of Filth 19 min tim 12
Who knows her 31 min tim 2
real haunted areas/places in or around west plains (Oct '09) 2 hr Linda 212
Movie Star in West Plains 2 hr Haha 12
White House Rainbow Colors 2 hr Deport all Repugs 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Dump Trump 101,989
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages