The End of Genesis Church

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Feb 12

West Plains, MO

#1 Mar 24, 2013
Well the word is out, the pastor is leaving and soon the smoke and mirrors will clear up and what will be left? I suggest you holier that the rest of us dupes first do an immediate audit and find out where all the money went? Have any of you ever seen a finance report? Do you have a clue where all the money went? I'll tell you where it is going, the same place as your pastor, bye bye.

true

Sparta, MO

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Is this true?
finds it funny

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2013
For real?
finds it funny

United States

#4 Mar 24, 2013
I sure hope the child support that was not payed to my kids,but rather to this church, went to good use
Hearing

United States

#5 Mar 24, 2013
finds it funny wrote:
I sure hope the child support that was not payed to my kids,but rather to this church, went to good use
who is your ex
belle

Branson, MO

#6 Mar 24, 2013
I dont believe a word of this....
bnm

Sparta, MO

#7 Mar 24, 2013
I do. Time those ppl get off their high horse
Bluf

United States

#8 Mar 24, 2013
He was in rector ar .. You are a retard
No Name

Ozark, MO

#9 Mar 25, 2013
Not True.

Ava, MO

#10 Mar 25, 2013
I have heard he is leaving from three different people who attend. I attended for a short time and it was just a show, nothing about being a real church. Hey, you can slide down the slide at the City pool and get baptized in front of a big crowd when the weather gets warm. This is the place to be seen if you are wanted to wear your religion on your sleeve but as far as being a church give me a break.

I asked for a budget and a copy of the finances before I left and was told flat out that was none of anyone's business but the pastor's.

My husband says for me to leave it alone but before this guy leaves town someone needs to ask where all of the donations have gone????
People these days

United States

#11 Mar 25, 2013
Why start a thread like this about a church?
Perhaps

Ava, MO

#12 Mar 25, 2013
Just maybe the reason the church leaders didn't show you that info is because felt as if you couldn't be trusted with the info? I know several that go there & are secure with the leadership of that church. But just like everything else in this town, no one wants to see anything good happen. Lives, marriages & families are being restored there. But that's always when people start talking. So sad, really.
been there

United States

#13 Mar 25, 2013
Perhaps wrote:
Just maybe the reason the church leaders didn't show you that info is because felt as if you couldn't be trusted with the info? I know several that go there & are secure with the leadership of that church. But just like everything else in this town, no one wants to see anything good happen. Lives, marriages & families are being restored there. But that's always when people start talking. So sad, really.
not all are bad people,not everything about the church is bad. But there is some bad people, SOME, being patted on the back and treated like a saint when in reality they're evil! But evil doesn't prevail, God does!

Since: Jan 13

United States

#14 Mar 26, 2013
People these days wrote:
Why start a thread like this about a church?
Why you ask; because the biggest charlatans out there are so-called ďMen of GodĒ and the most gullible idiots are those who follow. When a church refuses to open the books for examination by any member you KNOW someone is being screwed over. The sad part is the preacher isnít even giving his members the common courtesy of a reach-around. After my mother died, I found her bank statements and cancelled checks where she had given tens-of-thousands of $ís to Jimmy Baker, Creffalo Dollar, Jimmy Swaggard and the other thieves holding a Bible. What did it do for her? Not a damned thing!

You thumperís need to get over the emotional rush from the music and group guilt feelings. Use your heads and turn your back on the myths and fables.

Check Six...
Later
Atheist

Cabool, MO

#15 Mar 26, 2013
Bluf wrote:
He was in rector ar .. You are a retard
Wow! That's real Christian behaviour!
Atheist

Cabool, MO

#16 Mar 26, 2013
fresheyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you ask; because the biggest charlatans out there are so-called ďMen of GodĒ and the most gullible idiots are those who follow. When a church refuses to open the books for examination by any member you KNOW someone is being screwed over. The sad part is the preacher isnít even giving his members the common courtesy of a reach-around. After my mother died, I found her bank statements and cancelled checks where she had given tens-of-thousands of $ís to Jimmy Baker, Creffalo Dollar, Jimmy Swaggard and the other thieves holding a Bible. What did it do for her? Not a damned thing!
You thumperís need to get over the emotional rush from the music and group guilt feelings. Use your heads and turn your back on the myths and fables.
Check Six...
Later
If this is true about the books not being open to the public for review, that is illegal. All not for profits, have to show the books.

West Plains, MO

#17 Mar 26, 2013
I am just repeating what several members have told me. I also know for a fact that I gave money to Genesis and I had a right to know where it was going, but when I asked to see the budget I was told "no way".

So if you are a member just prove me wrong and tell me that the finances are shared with any member who gives to the church.

I also noticed that Genesis was not in the Daily Quill insert in tonight's paper of all of the area churches?
Melissa Adams

Ava, MO

#18 Mar 26, 2013
What does it matter that they weren't in the insert? Maybe they paid off debt? Maybe they gave it to missions to help with the lost? Maybe they gave some to do church planting? We give money to "the church" to be used as they see fit. Scripture says to give it & trust that God will use it for the good. It's not up to me to micromanage the leaders of the church, judging where every single penny is spent. By the way, that's not being naive, that's trusting in God.
Watcher

Ozark, MO

#19 Mar 27, 2013
Melissa Adams wrote:
What does it matter that they weren't in the insert? Maybe they paid off debt? Maybe they gave it to missions to help with the lost? Maybe they gave some to do church planting? We give money to "the church" to be used as they see fit. Scripture says to give it & trust that God will use it for the good. It's not up to me to micromanage the leaders of the church, judging where every single penny is spent. By the way, that's not being naive, that's trusting in God.
Yes...and this rumor has been circulating for about 3 months now. So, a topix poster finally picked it up...whoopee.
not my biz buuuttttt

United States

#20 Mar 27, 2013
My child pointed out, and ask why did this pastor keep saying he's not into money and new things and he's been driving the same ol' mini van for years,, but they have been taking fancy vacations and driving a new car. Not my concern,but I thought it amazing that kids have noticed this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life without grave digger 58 min Guest 18
Gay guys (Apr '11) 1 hr creasy chyt bare 111
Frustrated Woman 2 hr LIBERALS HAVE WON 6
Couple looking for other couples (Apr '16) 5 hr Swinger Chick 30
we want this 5 hr Smellyanne Conway 7
Tatterdemalion 6 hr Good luck 21
Here's a riddle for you (Oct '14) 6 hr RepublicansForPed... 17

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance