U.S.Cellular's new plan for low incom...

U.S.Cellular's new plan for low income people

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
informed

United States

#1 Oct 27, 2011
U.S.Cellular has a new program for low income people. If your receiving any type of assistance, you can get a deduction on your bill, or you can sign up for a plan that runs about $16.00 a month. I thought this might help some who might need it.
oh no

Rogersville, MO

#2 Oct 27, 2011
If you need assistance you don't need a damn cell phone.
oh no

Rogersville, MO

#3 Oct 27, 2011
I hope it has no texting and no bells and whistles
Thats crap

Rogersville, MO

#4 Oct 27, 2011
There is no plan for those trying to stay off of assistance who run into hospital bills and car maintanance and end up in the hole due to unforseen circumstances. Just the deadbeats. They they know that the people who try to work and pay thier bills will keep trying to but those that don't are a hopeless cause
looking

United States

#5 Oct 27, 2011
Some people on assistance replace their house phones with cell phones. Why can't they have a cell? Geez people are so rude.
Thats crap

Rogersville, MO

#6 Oct 27, 2011
because the house phone without long distance is much cheaper than a cell if you had one before and ill be fude if I want if you had one you didn't need one. Cell phones are expensive and the whole family gets one. Then they go begging for assistance from every place they can find cause thier money doesn't go far enough. If it is one cell with no texting or bells and whistles and that is all they pay then ok but don't go supplying all the faily for a phone a this price each. Have you seen all the so called poor people flashing the cells around here without that plan. that money could be spent on other things rather than spending the taxpayers money on all the assistance.
Thats crap

Rogersville, MO

#7 Oct 27, 2011
Learn how to manage the money and deny yourself the don't needs. If you get one phone and all your crditors and all the people you owe money to get that number then ok.
I agree

Rogersville, MO

#8 Oct 27, 2011
We are paying our bills and barely making it and we don't get a discount
I agree

Rogersville, MO

#9 Oct 27, 2011
We don't drive a new car or have a new house or any sweet deals like what u get
I agree

Rogersville, MO

#10 Oct 27, 2011
If you are over 60 I will drive you to get this discount or really disables but if not I will mock you.
I agree

Rogersville, MO

#11 Oct 27, 2011
disabled i mean
looking

United States

#12 Oct 27, 2011
yeah. a house phone with no long distance is cheaper. but a house phone with long distance is not. Maybe people on assistance have families that are not local that they would like to keep in touch with. Sure there are a lot of dead beats. but there are also a lot of good people just trying to get by.
oh my

United States

#13 Oct 27, 2011
Centry tel has the same thing, it forgives the taxes and fees, surcharges etc and can give a credit anywhere from $3.00 to $13.50 and it is based on income with our without assistance but all cell phone companys (what centry tel said) have to offer it to but you can not recieve it for both one or the other.. Most cell phone companys do not tell or advertise it.. It is a very short form you fill out and send in. I have it on my landline, and I am disabled and I dont quailfy for food stamps or any other assistance, but the shitty thing is the person down the road makes more on welfare (food stamps and tanf) than I do on disabilty thats not right, and I am not disabled by choice!!!
oh my

United States

#14 Oct 27, 2011
you have to ask for it, they will not tell you about it or offer it as far as centry tel goes..
informed

United States

#15 Oct 27, 2011
You know, I was getting some helpful information out to help whoever it may help. All you on here downing people no matter what is said, really need to step back and think "what if". I hope every one of you get in a needy situation, and have nobody there to help you at all. Then you think of all the things you said about "people" you don't even know, and have no idea what their situation may be. Really a sad, pathetic world we live in.
HWY2HELL

Hollister, MO

#16 Oct 27, 2011
Oh No ,,, have you thought about people traveling to Springfield to doctors and hospitals ? If you haven't maybe you should. Some people are responsible but need help due to medical bills.
I honestly hate attitudes like yours.
oh no wrote:
If you need assistance you don't need a damn cell phone.
question

Sparta, MO

#17 Oct 28, 2011
Why can't they just buy a cheap prepaid cell? Several years ago my husband and I were both working, were broke, and didn't receive any assistance so we couldn't afford a cellphone plan. We bought the prepaid phones for about $40 a piece and ONLY used them when absolutely necessary and it cost us less than $10 month between both phones? Are the prepaid cellphones not cost effective anymore?
Thats crap

Rogersville, MO

#18 Oct 28, 2011
The problem is that people unwilling to work want more and more and more on the dime of people doing the work and this is a great example. We are sick of it. We do the work pay the full price and they give have price or less to anybody getting assistance. So, anybody who gets foodstamps can go get a cell phone and you judt made th einfo easier for them. Anygirl who gets pregnamt in highschool or Hr high and gets wica can get mom and dad to drive her down to the cell phome store and get a cell phone for $16 a month. Then she gets free medical care for the child and her under obamacare money for her heating and cooling and the list goes on and on. And I am the rude one. You make me laugh. Not! You are leaches If you are not disabled and disabled for real. These discounts should be offered to the disabled andretired over 65 with limited income. Landlines I don't care they should be based on income disounts. Cell phones are a luxury not a neccessity!
Marvelous Grasp

Montreal, MO

#19 Oct 28, 2011
informed wrote:
U.S.Cellular has a new program for low income people. If your receiving any type of assistance, you can get a deduction on your bill, or you can sign up for a plan that runs about $16.00 a month. I thought this might help some who might need it.
New U.S. Cellular plan for 99% of the population?
LOL

United States

#20 Oct 28, 2011
I was a teenage mom and I do not live off of goverment assitance. Not all teen pregnancys lead to a life full of welware
As a matter of fact I am almost a college graduate. Which I am paying for through monthly payments. I am married and have children and taking care of them just as I should.
Please do not label all of us as lazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Regina Hilleman 11 hr I know 3
Jerry Brown banning Bible in California 19 hr cpt_redbeard 15
NRA incoming donations TRIPLE 20 hr cpt_redbeard 150
Jesse Dalton 20 hr cpt_redbeard 14
milfs Sat Justforfun 1
gay hangout (Jun '10) Sat FloppyDick 72
Target practice Sat GonnaGetMine 1

West Plains Jobs

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages