What should happen to Jailer Rhoads?

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tug14

Ozark, MO

#1 Sep 9, 2008
I hear that Rhoads is under investigation for a domestic that occurred at the civic center. If this is true, shouldn't he get the same treatment that Reid got... Wait, this isn't the first time that Rhoads' big mouth has gotten him in to trouble.. I say can his butt! and make it stick this time Sheriff Crites.
buster

United States

#2 Sep 9, 2008
What you don't know is that Rhoads did not do anything, and no charges were filed. It was his bitchy x-wife who called the police on him and told a bunch of lies to get a report made. So anyone who don't know what the story is shouldn't make a judgment based on wether they like the guy or not. I don't know what Reid did and don't care.
I don't make judgment calls based on things I don't know about. I also know if the officer from the West Plains Police Department who took the report would have done is job correctly he would have found that Rhoads x-wife was the person who is at fault. The West Plains officer did not investigate the incident properly. If he would have taken statements from everyone involved instead of taking the bitchy x-wifes word for everything, he would have found that Rhoads was the victim. The officer also is in violation of the law himself by calling the incident domestic/ child abuse and not making a hotline call to the division of family services like he is mandated to. So before you start making a judgment call on someone, get the whole story before compairing him to someone else.
mr right

United States

#3 Sep 9, 2008
I don't know Rhoads very well, but I have spoke with him several times and he seems to be a very nice man. I was told by a very reliable source that Rhoads did not violate any department policy and there was no need to discipline him over something that he had no control over.
Justice for Jaycee

Ozark, AL

#4 Sep 9, 2008
Brian Hardin, formerly of West Plains and now living in Arkansas, was in Howell County Circuit Court recently in a civil case in which he asked for sole custody of his two daughters. If that is not granted, he asks for a decrease in the $380 per month in child support payments he pays his ex-wife for three children because the third child died in May of 2006.
That child was 18-month-old Jaycee Hardin, the center of a current criminal court case in which Joseph Frye, 24, West Plains, is charged with second-degree murder. Frye was among several witnesses at the custody hearing held March 12 and 13 in West Plains. His wife, Melody Frye, is mother to the three Hardin children. She also is the mother of a child fathered by Frye and born shortly after the death of Jaycee. As part of the court testimony in March, Melody Frye testified she is pregnant again and that Frye is the father of the child.
This Quill staff writer attended those proceedings.
Brian Hardin is claiming Joseph Frye is not abiding by a court order that prohibits him from being around the Hardin children, and that the man has thwarted his visitation rights on some occasions. Hardin also claims he has a steady job and a stable home in which his two daughters, ages 5 and 8, could live, and that his mother lives in that same household, so could help with rearing the children.
Melody Frye is opposing the move, testifying she has a job, lives with her mother (Kathy Geery) in West Plains, that the children are not allowed in Joseph Frye’s presence and that the child custody payments should remain as they are.
The three Hardin children were living with Melody and Joseph Frye at the time of Jaycee’s death. Lawmen went to the West Plains home after a call from Joseph Frye. Lawmen testified in Frye’s preliminary hearing in 2006 that the child was dead when they got to the home, the mother was at work and Joseph Frye was the only adult in the home.
No date is set for Joseph Frye’s trial, but Assistant Mo. Attorney General Elizabeth Bock, the prosecutor assigned to the case, was at the mid-March court hearing in the civil case and taking notes.
According to Casenet, on March 11 of this year, per a phone conversation, former 42nd Circuit Judge John Max Price requested Joseph Frye’s attorney, Jacob Garrett of West Plains, and Bock provide available dates for trial and advise the court of the number of days needed for the trial.
At the mid-March hearing, Joseph Frye testified that he lives with Melody’s father, David Moore, and with friends. Frye said there have been occasions where he has been at Kathy Geery’s home when the Hardin children are there, but has not been in the same room with them. He said this only happens when Melody needs their vehicle.
Joseph Frye testified that he is not employed and is not providing money to support his and Melody’s daughter.
In the civil suit, Judge Thomas Frawley of St. Louis made an interim order, adding it was not to be construed as to how he would ultimately rule.
He ordered that “Joe Frye shall not enter upon the property of Kathleen Geery at any time’’ and shall have no contact with the two other Hardin children. The judge also ruled Brian Hardin’s visitations will begin after school on Fridays, the two children to be picked up at Richards School by Brian, his mother or father.
Frawley added that “any trips outside West Plains, excluding trips to their father’s home in Elizabeth, Ark., by (the children) with mother or father are to be reported to the guardian ad litem, attorney Melissa Stewart of West Plains, with a time and date of departure, destination and time and date of return.”
Brian Hardin’s attorney is Steve Privette of Willow Springs. Melody Frye’s attorney is Dale Engelbrecht of West Plains.
See forum for west plains man charged in death of 18 month old stepdaughter
Joseph wayne Frye is Scheduled to appear in Howell County Court on January 2009 for the murder trial. Please pray that justice is served
HUH

United States

#5 Sep 9, 2008
This should have been started in a different thread. I dearly hope justice is served but it has nothing to do with this topic.
wow

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Sep 9, 2008
if steve privette is his attorney he is screwed!
January 2009

Ozark, AL

#7 Sep 9, 2008
wow wrote:
if steve privette is his attorney he is screwed!
whats the deal with this attorney. Type this on that forum> west plains man charged in death of 18 months old
strike3

Roby, MO

#8 Sep 10, 2008
Fire his butt!
wp resident

La Plata, MO

#9 Sep 15, 2008
strike3 wrote:
Fire his butt!
R.D. Reid didn't violate any department policy or have charges filed, but he got his rank pulled. Lynn has such a terrible attitude and a temper it is unbearable to be around him. When he was a detective he was always cussing how much he hated his job and didn't want to be there. When he (quit, was let go) whatever you choose to believe he came around the office selling AFLAC insurance. Then he gets to come back gets promoted to Lt. and now makes more money that ever and gets to be as lazy as ever. I hope Mike Shannon wins because his and (Paul O's) attitude wont last one week there. Oh well it will make a lot of job openings for people that are willing to work.
wp resident

La Plata, MO

#10 Sep 15, 2008
By the way R.D. Reid resigned!!!!
hello

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Sep 16, 2008
Rhoads is a dick. No doubt about it. But he should not be fire for this - his ex blindsided him and she was the agressor.
Curious

Branson, MO

#12 Sep 17, 2008
So what did R.D. do and why did he resign??
Randy Rhoads

Springfield, MO

#13 Sep 17, 2008
I used to play guitar for Ozzy Osbourne and now I am dead and I cannot believe you are talking about my relative this way!
know

United States

#14 Sep 17, 2008
R.D. is going to open up his own business.
Does It Matter

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Sep 17, 2008
I wasn't there! Were you?! Then how can any of you say what should happen to him?
hello

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Sep 18, 2008
I was there.
Better Things To Do

Columbia, MO

#17 Sep 20, 2008
This is the first time I've posted on here and probably will be the last after reading all the back stabbing on here. I was told about this site from a friend who works at the Sheriff's Department and was told I needed to check this posting out. What I've come up with so far is most people posting on this site are probably mostly trouble makers and usely are sticking their noses in other peoples business instead of taking care of their own. I know Lynn, and I'm not saying he's perfect by no means. He's got his problems just Like everyone else. All I'm saying is, if you don't know what the circumstances are in someone's situation, mind your own business and keep your nose out of it. I do know Lynn takes care of the jail very well from what I've been told and is doing what he is suppose to. I also know he does not stick his nose in anything that goes on at the Sheriff's Department except the jail, because that is what he is in charge of. I think it would do everyone on this post who has something negative to say about not only Lynn Rhoads situation but any situation they do not know about to mind their own business. I won't post on here anymore, and propbably won't even check to see if someone bad mouthed this post. So to all of you back stabbers and trouble makers on this site, good luck and goodbye.
HaHa

United States

#18 Oct 15, 2008
Better Things To Do wrote:
I do know Lynn takes care of the jail very well from what I've been told and is doing what he is suppose to.
If taking care of the jail equates to 3 prisoners being able to escape, I agree.
Jomama

Peace Valley, MO

#19 Oct 15, 2008
I hope justice is served.I saw Joseph Frye and the wife at Prima's cantina......she was quiet and he acted like a douchebag,all non-chalant.He is "special",though.... his parents careers all revolved around the courthouse and juvenile offices.....seems that trial should be moved to make sure no "favors" are bestowed on that idiot.His wife should be charged,too.The church nursery staff stated in the old papers that the kid had black eyes,etc.God bless that poor,little girl.And Brian should have those other kids!This town is so corrupt ,slimy and they don't have any guts to do there real job...it's like they are afraid to throw it on a real criminal!
Anon

Columbia, MO

#20 Mar 14, 2009
iwent anon for this post... i don't ant to be harassed by the police here.. I've been in and out of howell county a few times at a younger age.. I even had a personal run in with Rhodes.. he's very mean.. he likes to turn the AC super cold when he works night shifts to freeze the inmates or heat super high to fry them and not just a little bit ...I was in howell county in minimum security... when they put a man ( later found guilty) charged with raping 6 kids under the age of 10 in there and expected us to eat with the son of bitch... I AM A FATHER.. so i refused to and snatched the guy up after hitting the intercom button anf telling the cops that either he or I had to be removed from minimum... from that point i started slamming the guy into the 'bubble' window... rhodes came in and protected the child rapist... while me in there for traffic tickets was threatened by him to be chrged with a class A hate crime (15 to life )and I looked his big ass ( i weigh 160 stand 6 foot 1) in the eye and said " DAMN RIGHT IT'S HATE".. then went on to say " how is it that your wearing the badge protecting the child rapists... I'm the inmate protecting the children?.. I could not do your job" well it ended up me getting moved to medium security.. no charges ever pressed thank god.. and about Reid.. hell to much to write in one night... he always did everything in his power to keep his lil brother out of jail.. even though his little brother is one of the biggest druggies/pill poppers I hve ever met.. I know about him going to his little brother Chuck's house and pulling up pot plants his brother was growing... about him breaking a man's arm when he was at the city PD...I just hope letting people know what I know doesn't get my harassed by them.. and now that the city boys got this new royl piece of shit named Matt Bell I'm just beside myself with amazment at what can become a cop here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amish buying up all the farms close to West Pla... 51 min Connie 41
general contractors 1 hr rubric 1
confederate flag? 2 hr Tomato Soup 85
Black figure with no facial features. (Oct '11) 4 hr livin true 158
Great Soap 4 hr Tammy 5
Execution of Law Officer 13 hr Woodward 3
derreck Lee brakebill 14 hr durr 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages