Jason Smith Pedophile Bill

Posted in the West Plains Forum

aka

Fairdealing, MO

#1 Jun 2, 2013
Back in the 94th Gen. Assembly, 1st Reg. Scession Jason Smith sponsored HB324 which "Immunizes real estate licensees from liability for any act or omission related to the disclosure of information regarding individuals required to register with the sexual offender registry." This seems to make possible for a realitor to lie to you when you ask him about sexual offenders in a neighborhood. This protects pedophiles and perverts from being "outed" by realitors. The opposite of what the registry was set up to do. This is a disgusting bill and should never have been dreamed up. Jason Smith does not deserve to be in the state house, let alone in the US Congress. Vote on Tuesday, do not vote for Jason Smith or he may hide pedophiles on a national scale next.
hmmm

Hollister, MO

#2 Jun 2, 2013
Or you could see it this way: He's trying to protect the real estate agents from any liability for being unaware a sex offender lives nearby.... or trying to protect them from frivolous civil suits filed by said sex offenders for what they will try to say is harassment, defamation of character, blah blah blah.

There are sex offender databases everywhere. It is my personal opinion everyone should take the 1-2 minutes it takes to look up an address on the sex offender list before buying any home. I periodically check just to make sure there isn't any that has moved near me.
Old Bill

West Plains, MO

#3 Jun 3, 2013
It is a well known secret that Smith is gay.
Brenda Moncrief

Ozark, MO

#4 Jun 3, 2013
My Johnny boy touches kids they can hang out
pointless

West Plains, MO

#5 Jun 5, 2013
them telling you is pointless if YOU are the one looking for a home if you want to know its youre job to research the area and go look up the map. its not the real estates job to look up data on everyone living near you. thing is ive looked and if you live in town theres going to be a sex offender living close. i recently moved into a bigger house and looked at the map after and theres a few in this area one just down the road. thing is youre going to run into these people and probably never know it in public places dressing rooms, public bathrooms and such.
so bottom line i think its each persons job to look up the info. and even when they live close that just means you got to watch youre kids if theres a offender living a block away its youre job to make sure where youre kids are.
the thing i see around this town alot i dont understand is you see kids down to 2-3 roaming down sidewalks or running up the road
help

Houston, TX

#6 Jun 5, 2013
i bought an owner finance house and found out why the owner gave me a good deal. he had installed hidden cameras in all the bedrooms and bathrooms. found out all his houses are connnected to a website. is there a law against this?
David Paul

Macomb, MO

#7 Jun 5, 2013
You libs are something.He won by a landslide.
grow up

United States

#8 Jun 6, 2013
Thia is beyond stupid. Seriously do you think just because someone is a sex offe.der they are going to snatch your kids. Crap. How much dateline nbc can you freaking watch. Honestly i feel for some of the sex offenders. What would you do if one moved next door. Move away? Or lash out its probably to protect them
yocal

Montréal, Canada

#9 Jun 7, 2013
grow up, this is typical for the average west plains. stupid, yes. but typical.
look at fairview school. i'm sure that tomorrow shooters are going to single out fairview school on k highway in little ole west plains and start shooting the place up like they did at columbine or sandy hook.
never underestimate the paranoid schizophrenic fear bred into and educated into the average howell county hillbilly republican woman. the ignorant teachers will be clutching their guns for the next 20 years until one of them accidentally shoots a student and shield solutions and the robbie crites law enforcement officer masquerading as do-gooders gang will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 15 min RNC Rightwing NUT... 97,836
If Barack Hussein Obama was a giant piñata? 3 hr Bush 7
Do you know? rules for cremation? (Oct '09) 4 hr sonnierschoice 22
What happened to Adam and Eve after eating from... 4 hr pearl 27
Are there any contemporary churches in West Pla... (Oct '10) 5 hr Nova 42
women in berkas in walmart? 5 hr Business owner 2
lane baugh 5 hr Business owner 13
West Plains Dating
Find my Match

West Plains Jobs

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info