First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 13

United States

#1 Aug 19, 2013
A few years ago, there was a small Wiccan store downtown, over near the pet store. Does anybody know what happened to it? Did it move or just shut down? What about the owner, is she still around?
Warlock Guy

Costa Mesa, CA

#3 Aug 19, 2013
CURlOSITY wrote:
A few years ago, there was a small Wiccan store downtown, over near the pet store. Does anybody know what happened to it? Did it move or just shut down? What about the owner, is she still around?
I believe the other downtown merchants burned the owner at the stake for witchery if I'm not mistaken.
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#4 Aug 19, 2013
CURlOSITY wrote:
she moved her store to her house in caulfeild mo,,,and soryy for this news,,,but the owner was murdered in that store one night a couple yrs ago during a burglery,,,they caught the 2 that did it,,,one guy and one woman that both knew the lady,,,but beleive the book nook still sells some of that crap,,,
just me

United States

#5 Aug 19, 2013
Why don't you read the Bible instead of this nonsense. The Bible brings you hope, love,and peace of mind. This stuff aggs on evil in your life
grave digger

Ozark, MO

#6 Aug 19, 2013
just me wrote:
Why don't you read the Bible instead of this nonsense. The Bible brings you hope, love,and peace of mind. This stuff aggs on evil in your life
GOD your so right,,,the grave digger would scare the bejesus out of you if you knew how many of these practises let evil in,,,open the doors for evil and then they walk away and lets the evil roam this life to create sin,,,and the funny part is,,,everyone is so afraid of the bible,,,cuz you dont even need to beleive in GOD to read it and see the love and joy and hope it brings to you,,,if you know what the grave digger means,,,

Highlandville, MO

#7 Aug 19, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>she moved her store to her house in caulfeild mo,,,and soryy for this news,,,but the owner was murdered in that store one night a couple yrs ago during a burglery,,,they caught the 2 that did it,,,one guy and one woman that both knew the lady,,,but beleive the book nook still sells some of that crap,,,
Yeah, I heard this news shortly after I posted this, which was a little hard to swallow.. She babysat me when I was younger, and she was a magnificent woman.

Highlandville, MO

#8 Aug 19, 2013
just me wrote:
I'm sorry you feel that way, I never asked you to chant or sit in a circle, so how about you not push your beliefs on others. I bet you wouldn't like it if I called your god foolish, or your bible nonsense... So have some common curtesy. You believe your a good person, yet you have the gaul to put down another person's religion. Do you have any proof that my religion is less significant than yours? Or do you just have your nose so high in the air, that you can't see the happiness and peace of mind that another's religion brings them? And further more, Christianity is just ONE of the many religions, many people believe in various gods/goddesses, and you can't be the only one that thinks your path is the ONLY way, but most people don't voice such close minded thoughts. So next time, please keep your opinion to yourself, unless asked personally.
thinkaboutit

Springfield, MO

#9 Sep 5, 2013
To those who like to call anything they don't understand evil: What is the difference between what Jesus did and magick?.... um let me guess, ive had this conversation a few times before; magic is from the devil and Jesus performed miracles not magick. HA!! Jesus was a MASTER magician. Magic, like everything that exists in this universe, comes from GOD! Magic is like a gun. Its a tool. It can be used to harm, or it can be used to save lives. It is best to understand something before you label it evil simply because a book, or somebody told you it is. BTW, did you know that Jesus was executed by the Jews for practicing magic? There is historical documentation to back that up. Oh and the only non-cannonical mention of Jesus known to exist was found less than two years ago. It was a carving on the outside of a pot found outside of Alexandria. It read: "By Christ The Magician". It dates to the life of Christ. Please do us all a favor, don't take my word for it. Do a little research. Heck, pray about it. If it is the Truth that you seek, God will deliver it to you.
thinkaboutit

Springfield, MO

#10 Sep 5, 2013
That lady's name was Joy btw... she was one of the finest human beings it has ever been my pleasure to know. Anyone that ever knew her wouldn't be able to call her evil.
lil ol me

Sparta, MO

#11 Sep 6, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>GOD your so right,,,the grave digger would scare the bejesus out of you if you knew how many of these practises let evil in,,,open the doors for evil and then they walk away and lets the evil roam this life to create sin,,,and the funny part is,,,everyone is so afraid of the bible,,,cuz you dont even need to beleive in GOD to read it and see the love and joy and hope it brings to you,,,if you know what the grave digger means,,,
So many people are afraid to read the bible because they don't want to have to walk the walk. It's so much easier to avoid it and do whatever they want to do. I have a family member who thinks there is no God but was raised in the church and knows better, however like I said does not want to walk the walk and is afraid of a Heaven and Hell! I guess they think doing their own thing will keep them from going to Hell! I feel sorry for this person. Think about it. I would rather believe in Heaven and be right than to ignore it and be wrong!
thinkaboutit

Branson, MO

#12 Sep 6, 2013
My main concern with those claiming to be Christian is the fact that they seem to have completely missed Jesus' teaching. He said Love everyone as you love yourself, and do not judge, yet everywhere you turn you here a "Christian" judging others and condemning them to hell.
lil ol me

Sparta, MO

#13 Sep 6, 2013
thinkaboutit wrote:
My main concern with those claiming to be Christian is the fact that they seem to have completely missed Jesus' teaching. He said Love everyone as you love yourself, and do not judge, yet everywhere you turn you here a "Christian" judging others and condemning them to hell.

You are right however the bible says love your neighbor as you love yourself so many times because that has got to be the hardest thing for anyone to do. Judging others has got to be the second hardest and no one is perfect so it takes practice.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#14 Sep 6, 2013
Why should a collection of ancient myths, fairy tales and half forgotten history be any better than the Wiccan stuff?
just me wrote:

West Plains, MO

#15 Sep 7, 2013
thinkaboutit wrote:
To those who like to call anything they don't understand evil: What is the difference between what Jesus did and magick?.... um let me guess, ive had this conversation a few times before; magic is from the devil and Jesus performed miracles not magick. HA!! Jesus was a MASTER magician. Magic, like everything that exists in this universe, comes from GOD! Magic is like a gun. Its a tool. It can be used to harm, or it can be used to save lives. It is best to understand something before you label it evil simply because a book, or somebody told you it is. BTW, did you know that Jesus was executed by the Jews for practicing magic? There is historical documentation to back that up. Oh and the only non-cannonical mention of Jesus known to exist was found less than two years ago. It was a carving on the outside of a pot found outside of Alexandria. It read: "By Christ The Magician". It dates to the life of Christ. Please do us all a favor, don't take my word for it. Do a little research. Heck, pray about it. If it is the Truth that you seek, God will deliver it to you.
You sir, are amazing. Thank you for making this whole conversation have value. I'm glad I'm not the only person in this conversation that has views that aren't close minded.(Also with the exception of Grave Digger.. He's nifty as well)
TRC

West Plains, MO

#16 Sep 7, 2013
CURlOSITY wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir, are amazing. Thank you for making this whole conversation have value. I'm glad I'm not the only person in this conversation that has views that aren't close minded.(Also with the exception of Grave Digger.. He's nifty as well)
No one knows a damn thing! Hell a lot of people don't even have a firm grasp on their native language and you are arguing about all this shit! Life is what it is! It's different for everyone. We will know when we did what the real truth about all this stuff! I just know there is a God!
me again

Sparta, MO

#17 Sep 8, 2013
TRC wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows a damn thing! Hell a lot of people don't even have a firm grasp on their native language and you are arguing about all this shit! Life is what it is! It's different for everyone. We will know when we did what the real truth about all this stuff! I just know there is a God!
I know exactly how you feel!

West Plains, MO

#18 Sep 9, 2013
TRC wrote:
<quoted text>No one knows a damn thing! Hell a lot of people don't even have a firm grasp on their native language and you are arguing about all this shit! Life is what it is! It's different for everyone. We will know when we did what the real truth about all this stuff! I just know there is a God!
You just said "no one knows a damn thing!" And then you turned around and said "I just know there is a God"... Why comment at all if you're just going to contradict yourself?
Haha

West Plains, MO

#19 Sep 9, 2013
CURlOSITY wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said "no one knows a damn thing!" And then you turned around and said "I just know there is a God"... Why comment at all if you're just going to contradict yourself?
WEST PLAINS, MO
grave digger
I like grave digger personally, no one has to agree with your opinion, but you should be able to voice it without crossing the line into shit talking.(Wednesday Aug 21 | post #15)

Here's a copy of one of your posts. Shit talking eh! If humans exist, how can there not be something with a higher intelligence? Read my post again! What I said was in reference to not knowing exactly what's going on after we die! Lmao!
Haha

West Plains, MO

#20 Sep 9, 2013
WEST PLAINS, MO
im just curious again
Why is religion/ church so controversial around here? Why is everyone picking apart other people's beliefs, and slandering churches that they personally disagree with? Not everyone thinks the same way, so why force it? Why would you put so much effort and emotion into a never ending fight? I'm sorry, but from where I'm standing, it's pointless. Stop slandering other people's church or religion. If someone is pagan, let them be! Christian? Okay! You like a certain church? Good for you! It's that easy.... Just worry about your personal path and leave everyone else's alone. They are not hurting you, so why are you attacking them? If you truly believe in whatever you believe in, then shouldn't some higher power take care of the non believers in the long run? So why are you so worried about it? Sorry about my rant folks, but like I said... I'm just curious.(Tuesday Aug 20 | post #1)
So this is how you start your posts, now see where you are!
Kandy

West Plains, MO

#21 Sep 9, 2013
CURlOSITY wrote:
Are you from here and pretending to be from somewhere else!?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
inexcusable 1 hr Mika 37
Review: Silvey-Coleman Christena (Jun '13) 5 hr hired gun 11
Toenail Fungus Has Destroyed My Life! (Jan '16) 5 hr Angry Fungus Toe... 4
a math lesson 6 hr grave digger 9
Eric Greiens took millions from child molester (Jul '16) 6 hr grave digger 3
fun things to do in west plains (Feb '13) 6 hr grave digger 88
a winner 6 hr grave digger 10

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance