What happend to the Skateland

Posted in the West Plains Forum

old inline skater

United States

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Does anyone know why the skateland is gone and does West Plains still blow. I wanted to teach my kids how to skate there
Jerry Seinsmeld

Drury, MO

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Yes...West Plains still blows. Very few businesses can survive in a small town where the population is on welfare or earning slightly more than minimum wage.
old inline skater

United States

#3 Feb 8, 2013
ya it blew when I lived there that is why I moved
what

Sparta, MO

#4 Feb 8, 2013
Wp bank now owns it I think. Anyway, there is no skating rink in wp anymore.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Theirs nothing fun wp where people can enjoy with their family's ;(
A local sK8boarder

Ozark, MO

#6 Feb 10, 2013
Thay should make a indoor skatepark /skating ring that would be sweet
cad

United States

#7 Feb 15, 2013
West plains bank bought them out!(Remember Lowes was going in next door)?
Not Suprised

Nixa, MO

#8 Mar 7, 2013
West Plains has always been a horrible place to live.....what makes you think it would change. Anyways, skateland was full of skanks and nasty teenage boys with diseases.....oh wait that is all of west plains.
One Guy

Ozark, MO

#9 Mar 7, 2013
Why is it the city governments job to keep a business open that cannot afford to do so? Do you really want to pay those kind of taxes?
If you're that concerned about it being there come up with the money it takes to buy it and keep it in operation.
Not sure

Ava, MO

#10 Mar 7, 2013
I think I remember someone saying there is a skate center in Mountainview. I wouldn't bash westplains too much. Comparatively it could be worse. At least the weathers nicer than North America, and most people keep to themselves, being polite and helpful when needed. It's not the best place to live in, but its not the worst either. At the least we don't have gangs and major criminals other than drugs hanging around! Hey springs coming soon, brighten up!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Mar 7, 2013
Not sure wrote:
I think I remember someone saying there is a skate center in Mountainview. I wouldn't bash westplains too much. Comparatively it could be worse. At least the weathers nicer than North America, and most people keep to themselves, being polite and helpful when needed. It's not the best place to live in, but its not the worst either. At the least we don't have gangs and major criminals other than drugs hanging around! Hey springs coming soon, brighten up!
Wp sucks period ..
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#12 Mar 7, 2013
Not sure wrote:
the weathers nicer then north america?,,,did you mean canada?,,,and if so,,,what the hell does canada have to do with skateland?,,,the grave digger says if every parent in this whole area would give the grave digger 5 bucks per kid,,,one time fee,,,the grave digger could build a new skateland in this area for all the kids to enjoy,,,cuz a town without a skteland rink is a town that lost the happy youth,,,which by the way is the next generation of this west plains,,,pay the fee and the kids can go wee while on the roller skates,,,round and round and round until their little legs cant go no more,,,ha haa haaa,,,
A local sK8boarder

Ozark, MO

#13 Mar 9, 2013
It doesn't matter where you live its how you live!!!!!!!!!!
lmao NOT

West Plains, MO

#14 Mar 9, 2013
Wisegurl69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wp sucks period ..
Go back to where you came from then. It's not like you were invited to move here!!!
A local sK8boarder

Ozark, MO

#16 Mar 10, 2013
It's next to the civic center

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hitandrun 2 min grave digger 13
Michelle Obama travel expense update: Your tax ... 17 min grave digger 4
patrons for real choice motivations 23 min grave digger 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Welfare Liberals 100,857
FREE Ice Cream For EVERYONE! 1 hr Ted Cruz For Pres... 1
What is the president's Foreign Policy? 2 hr Idiot Liberals 2
Howell Valley School Board (May '14) 2 hr Just Do It 22
West Plains School District receives subpoena f... 16 hr grave digger 11
Richards high school 16 hr NO WAY 312
West Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]