Actually surprised

Ozark, MO

#22 Feb 1, 2013
It's no Kansas City BBQ (oh, how I miss Gates'), but it ain't half bad at Almost-Famous. Little brother tried the brisket last week. Melt-in-your-mouth good. And I don't even like brisket. Didn't get to try their catfish, but the table next to us did. Steaming hot, looked tender and flaky the way it's supposed to be, and the person chowing down seemed to be enjoying it just fine. I was almost jealous.

Now, about these other places, I'm a newbie, so I don't know. But I've been told to steer clear because it's all frozen, packaged food and no one serves a fresh meal anywhere... and someone said something about one of them serving Stouffer's and passing it off as homemade.

Then again, what restaurants around here *are* using fresh ingredients and actually cooking?
Lovin Some Fish Shack

West Plains, MO

#23 Mar 24, 2013
My family and I gather at Fish Shack every Friday and have lunch and just take time to talk and catch up for the week. We love the food, the atmosphere and FREE ice cream!!! I haven't tried anything there that I haven't loved! Keep up the good work!!!
Jake

Branson, MO

#24 Mar 25, 2013
Really? We thought it sucked. Service was horrible. When we asked for more fish with the all you can eat they served us old dried out fish. What a scam. We will not go back to that place
belle

Reeds Spring, MO

#25 Mar 26, 2013
Jake wrote:
Really? We thought it sucked. Service was horrible. When we asked for more fish with the all you can eat they served us old dried out fish. What a scam. We will not go back to that place
We had the same experience there... Fish was horrible , more breading than fish and the service was slow... Could of been a bad nite for them, who knows but we wont be back either.
critic

United States

#26 Mar 29, 2013
I love it....I think the menu just keeps getting better and the food is better and better everytime I go! Ate there 2x this week! You are doing Awesome Stacey and the number of cars lately show it!
not a fan

Ozark, MO

#27 Apr 8, 2013
I was not impressed with fish shack in the least. Not fond of Almost famous, they are far from being famous with this food. Jimmies is a dirty place..not sure about this pign grinn place. Didnt know about it. We need a good restaurant in this town. Where is this pign grin place at?
They both suck

West Plains, MO

#29 Apr 8, 2013
Fish Shack is very overpriced, their fish is cut so thin you are just eating fried batter. I really like good catfish and refuse to waste money at Fish Shack. On a scale of 1 - 10, the place gets a -1.

Almost Famous will not be in business long. They drag everything out of the freezer and microwave it when ordered. I ate there twice, one time parts of the BBQ was still frozen the other time I had a sandwich and took one bite....again frozen meat, attempted to heat it but failed.
belle

Ozark, MO

#30 Apr 8, 2013
They both suck wrote:
Fish Shack is very overpriced, their fish is cut so thin you are just eating fried batter. I really like good catfish and refuse to waste money at Fish Shack. On a scale of 1 - 10, the place gets a -1.
Almost Famous will not be in business long. They drag everything out of the freezer and microwave it when ordered. I ate there twice, one time parts of the BBQ was still frozen the other time I had a sandwich and took one bite....again frozen meat, attempted to heat it but failed.
Excuse me but i know that they do not drag everything out of the freezer.... You dumby, dont u know that they smoke their meat on site? Hello????? They smoke ribs, bbq pork, chicken and turkey right there so how can that be frozen??????? You need to do a little research on the subject because you obviously don't have a clue . Just running your mouth again. Think before you speak... If the place is so bad, then why are people lined up at lunch time??
Lisa E

Ozark, MO

#31 Apr 8, 2013
EXCUSE MEEEEEE..........Ive been in there at lunch, and Ive only seen MAYBE 5 tables full. No way were they lined up at the door, dumbass. Sounds like an OWNER ALERT TO ME.
belle wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but i know that they do not drag everything out of the freezer.... You dumby, dont u know that they smoke their meat on site? Hello????? They smoke ribs, bbq pork, chicken and turkey right there so how can that be frozen??????? You need to do a little research on the subject because you obviously don't have a clue . Just running your mouth again. Think before you speak... If the place is so bad, then why are people lined up at lunch time??
belle

Ozark, MO

#32 Apr 8, 2013
Lisa E wrote:
EXCUSE MEEEEEE..........Ive been in there at lunch, and Ive only seen MAYBE 5 tables full. No way were they lined up at the door, dumbass. Sounds like an OWNER ALERT TO ME.<quoted text>
sounds to me you are the dumb ass.... when i was eating lunch with my friends, yes they were lined up to the door at AF... You dont know what you are talking about , clueless..lol
I am not an owner just a customer...
west plains resident

Ozark, MO

#33 Apr 8, 2013
You people make me sick. To slander a business or businesess like this is sickening, Grow the hell up and find something else to do. Clean your own house before you cast stones. Enuf said.
Good gravy

United States

#34 Sep 23, 2013
Fish shak is run by a crooked bent nose wanttobe high school flunkie who thinks his shit don't stink but that everyone else's does. He'd sooner stab you on the back and steal your money than give you what you paid for.
Dincas

Ozark, MO

#35 Sep 24, 2013
You're a complete idi*t!
former

Tampa, FL

#36 Sep 24, 2013
Stacey's got a little problem paying his people what he owes them. But maybe he learned his lesson
carpender

United States

#37 Sep 24, 2013
Stacey did graduate from high school he is smart guy he may be a little different but he's not stupid
carpender

United States

#38 Sep 24, 2013
former wrote:
Stacey's got a little problem paying his people what he owes them. But maybe he learned his lesson
OK what happened?
lynetta

United States

#39 Sep 24, 2013
does he still have that while eh coyote tattoo
Just here

Ava, MO

#40 Oct 6, 2013
I ate there twice and the second time I became very ill. I won't go back.
Charlie Chaplin

Ozark, MO

#41 Oct 8, 2013
I'm pretty sure it should be called the SH*T SHACK. I've never in my life eaten such greasy, tasteless, nasty food. Must take a lot to open a bag & throw it in the fryer. Have some imagination dude.
taran

Norwood, MO

#42 Oct 12, 2013
Fish Shack has awesome food! And Stacey sure can cook. His business is always busy especially lunch and dinner on the wkends. And he does pay his employees if you show up to work and actually work instead of sitting on ur a## smokin cigs all day. This snds like a customer who is obviously unhappy AND immature or a disgruntled employee he didnt do his job but still expected to be paid for not doing anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 good things about west plains missouri (Aug '10) 4 min Thankful 21
Obama wants to destroy America’s achievers thro... 11 min Well Off 7
What's known about Daniel Wise? 15 min Inquiring Mind 2
grave digger is watching 1 hr lol 9
shooting Monday 2 hr sickening 39
Mark Levin: Obama Administration, Clintons ‘So... 2 hr The Clintons Are ... 1
Can someone recommend a good bricklayer in West... 2 hr Annie 7
More from around the web

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]