Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
at wits end

Marshfield, MO

#1 Sep 8, 2013
Can someone tell me what doctor I need to see for this? My primary complaint is fatigue and pain.
Chris

Kansas City, MO

#2 Sep 8, 2013
suck it up buttercup.
Tonya

West Plains, MO

#3 Sep 8, 2013
at wits end wrote:
Can someone tell me what doctor I need to see for this? My primary complaint is fatigue and pain.
Find out if you can locate a dr. Dale in Houston, mo. He's supposed to know a lot a out this little illness that most call hypochondria. I've had it before it had a name. Fibromyalgia is shorten from its long name. I used to remember what it is but I forgot. Lol! If he's retired find a dr. In Mtn Home. In West Plains its hard to find one that really believes it's a real condition. I go to Dr. Shaw but he has been in an accident. His colleague, Dr. Kendall Clarkston may be taking new patients. He's the one who signs for my refills when my Dr. Is out. I hope this helps you. It's hard to live around all these people who don't know what it's like to hurt and be tired for no reason they can see. Exercises help. Go online and do the ones specific to fibromyalgia.
at wits end

Marshfield, MO

#4 Sep 8, 2013
Thank you because when you have this you are considered a hypochondriac or you are seeking drugs. I appreciate your kindness!
Tony

West Plains, MO

#5 Sep 8, 2013
at wits end wrote:
Thank you because when you have this you are considered a hypochondriac or you are seeking drugs. I appreciate your kindness!
You are very welcome as I have been living with it for many years. I was told by a dr. That I was hypochondriac at age 21. I'd been having problems for years already and studied it and also other ailments, including hypochondria. I told him that I knew I was not a hypochondriac. I didn't have the psychological symptoms. I had just started getting tired easily and pain in my muscles around my joints mainly. Especially in my neck and shoulders. Years later drs. finally can test for it. Thank God!
Tonya

West Plains, MO

#6 Sep 8, 2013
Lol, my a didn't get on my name. I have auto correct and don't edit my posts so I have to start doing that or take off the auto correct. It can put in some strange things when you are hurrying. Is a bit embarrassing!
at wits end

Marshfield, MO

#7 Sep 8, 2013
This is exactly where my pain is located around my joints! again, thank you
Tonya

West Plains, MO

#8 Sep 8, 2013
at wits end wrote:
This is exactly where my pain is located around my joints! again, thank you
You are welcome and I hope you find a dr. I find that dancing, walking, swimming, sex and other more specific to fibromyalgia are a great help. Sometimes meds are needed. Diet and herbs can help also.
whatever

Marshfield, MO

#9 Sep 8, 2013
Chris wrote:
suck it up buttercup.
You can suck on THIS buddy!
Tonya

West Plains, MO

#10 Sep 8, 2013
You people who judged this thread are so uneducated and rude! Screw you, you don't know shit! Suck on a turd shit heads! Nothing to say I noticed! Lmfao!
carpender

United States

#11 Sep 8, 2013
Anyone I know with fibro doesn't have a sex drive so how do you? I have friends with fibro and they say that it hurts to be touched. Depression also goes with fibro. When you are depressed and hurting you aren't thinking about sex. Do you take medicine to help your sex drive?
chronic

United States

#12 Sep 9, 2013
I am sick, and tired of going to a Dr for help, and if you mention you "hurt" , WHAM! your instantly classified as a drug seeker! I have test
After test, each showing a problem, give rx after rx, most of which have very bad adverse reactions, but I tried because a Dr told me to. You also are immediately classified as depressed if you say your in pain, so here come the anti depressants... I know probably half of the population is on some anti depressant but I can not take them. They make me feel horrible! Some pain medicines I can't tolerate, some I can. The minute you say OK this works, then your a bad bad person.... I have researched anti depressants out of curiosity of why I can't tolerate them, I found info from the Mayo clinic that proved anti depressants lead to early Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, etc... SO! If a pain Med works for patients, isn't sold,shared,whatever, what is the crime of saying one or some work? If you dare ask for pain meds,or say any help you, you become labeled as a drug seeker. No matter what your age, or circumstances. At least that's WP medical care
Tonya

West Plains, MO

#13 Sep 9, 2013
carpender wrote:
Anyone I know with fibro doesn't have a sex drive so how do you? I have friends with fibro and they say that it hurts to be touched. Depression also goes with fibro. When you are depressed and hurting you aren't thinking about sex. Do you take medicine to help your sex drive?
Well, know it all, a person that has fibromyalgia can lie there and just die off or they can tell the ones who say "you have no problems," to fuck off! You don't know the pain nor what helps. Massage helps relax One so they can have sex. Everyone's different. I don't know of any meds for the sex drive. It it takes the will power to overcome the crap life feeds you.

If you read about it, this is what the book says, exercises specific to fibromyalgia, massage, dancing, swimming, sex, herbs, diet. Depression and anger comes first with it. You have to keep going no matter how many are beating you down! It's work to having a life close to normal. Before fibro, I had a high sex drive, after not so much until I did those things and my life improved tremendously. Calling upon the higher power is the best meds! Hope this helps you understand it's a long road but you climb that hill and you're on top! Don't give up!
Middleaged

Cherokee Village, AR

#14 Sep 9, 2013
at wits end wrote:
there r some meds out there that can help but b careful of them as thye have antideppressant sin them ...there is cynbalta an savella that i know of ...but again b cautious ,they can make u aggressive an have "raceing thoughts...another holistict thing that helps is to drink alkaline tea u can buy it in healthe food stores ...its a mirsrable disease know little about it an "U dont look sick... u,ll hear a lot ...good luck
at wits end

Ozark, MO

#15 Sep 9, 2013
Middleaged wrote:
<quoted text>there r some meds out there that can help but b careful of them as thye have antideppressant sin them ...there is cynbalta an savella that i know of ...but again b cautious ,they can make u aggressive an have "raceing thoughts...another holistict thing that helps is to drink alkaline tea u can buy it in healthe food stores ...its a mirsrable disease know little about it an "U dont look sick... u,ll hear a lot ...good luck
Thank you and I will give the tea a try. I have no problems with anti-depressants because I have a lack of a chemical in my brain, therefore I have been on them most of my life. Did try Cymbalta but it didn't react well with the one I am on. Scared to try another though! Have a great evening and thanks for responding in a positive way!
ocd

United States

#17 Sep 9, 2013
at wits end wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and I will give the tea a try. I have no problems with anti-depressants because I have a lack of a chemical in my brain, therefore I have been on them most of my life. Did try Cymbalta but it didn't react well with the one I am on. Scared to try another though! Have a great evening and thanks for responding in a positive way!
savella will totally screw your heart rythm up. Make your heart feel like it's going to beat out of your chest. Gabapantin makes you like a zombie. I Just want a Dr to give me proof how all that crap they push on you that screws with your mind/brain can possibly be safer than pain medicine, if pain medicine works for you. I know how you feel. It's near impossible to be taken seriously by a Dr. Some will Just send you to a pain clinic where you get treated like a low life, and labeled as a drug seeker, and all your seeking is relief and a good caring Dr. I guess that's Just wishful thinking. Good luck in your fight to get through this. God bless!
Jen

United States

#19 Sep 16, 2013
Has anyone else used plexus for pain management?
I heard it works but haven't tryed
Salvio

Tallinn, Estonia

#20 Sep 16, 2013
I heard good things about Dr. Deatherage.
Patty

West Plains, MO

#21 Sep 16, 2013
I would advise anyone with pain to stay away from a money sucking pain clinic. Eat healthy, exercise, get massages, do fun activities. Get plenty of rest. If you need meds stay away from all the above mentioned! If you can stay away from meds, do so. But if you need them stay away from the ones that will cause stomach bleeding. If you've tried everything and can talk with your dr., not a pain clinic dr., which prescription pain meds is right for you. Fibromyalgia is real and there are successful treatments so we can lead as normal of a life as possible.
It is rough

United States

#22 Sep 17, 2013
at wits end wrote:
Dr. Dale in Houston.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bars? 1 hr barfly 2
corey shmutzler<3 5 hr CRC 1
Carter 5 hr Junior 1
derreck lee brakebilll 5 hr duhhhhh 11
Isis 6 hr worried 1
Chuck Boone (Oct '08) 6 hr leave him be 17
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 7 hr REAL AMERICAN PAT... 97,097
•••
•••
•••

West Plains Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

West Plains News, Events & Info