real haunted areas/places in or aroun...
Eyewuzhear

United States

#164 Aug 7, 2011
Omg lol gravedigger that is too funny!!! Had me lol'ing
yeah

West Plains, MO

#165 Oct 11, 2011
Just bringing this thread back to the top...
Kuruko dark

United States

#166 Jan 2, 2012
Does anyone know of the bleeding stop sign?
Jake

Marseilles, IL

#167 Feb 7, 2012
I lived in West Plains for 14 years and been to all of these places and the Cementary in Rover is haunted.My mother was attacked visiting my Grandma. And So is Ave Theatre
local

Kansas City, KS

#169 Apr 15, 2012
smile wrote:
The murder in the motel, they owned Dominos pizza in west plains, they had like 10 kids. The wife was sleeping with some bodybuilder from Springfield. They met at the motel when he came down to West Plains. Her husband (the owner of dominos) walked in and shot them both dead. He waited for the police to come. He is in prison, and family has their kids. Yes, I do know this I was good friends with their oldest daughter! It is a very sad story for the kids!

I have no idea if that room is haunted or not. I lived in West Plains for 20 years and heard stories all the time, I never saw anything!

Happy Haunting to everyone
I cannot for the life of me remember his name but I thought hers was Diane wade or wadey something like that and they also taught gymnastics I was really young at the time I think it was rainbow gymnastics I went there and remember they had a lot of kids and he was the manager/ owner of domino's. I've heard he was abusive and can say sometimes the way he treated his kids I could believe it but never saw anything. I was curious about that cause my parents always kept it hush hush but I knew he was arrested.

“LOOK! A kitty.”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#170 Apr 26, 2012
The Old Conservation Center. Its now called Lets Go.... The Newtons own it. Its for mentally challenged people. ALOT of Strange things happen there......Does anyone happen to know the history of the place? Its down the street from Dennis's Meat Market.....Serious answers only please.
Yeah

Branson, MO

#171 Apr 26, 2012
I have a friend who works there.
The place right behind the old Reese School right?
some guy

West Plains, MO

#172 Aug 7, 2012
Kuruko dark wrote:
Does anyone know of the bleeding stop sign?
Yes the bleeding stop sign is true ppl always take it on friday 13th and halloween... but full moon nites is when its suppost to ''bleed'' its on BB highway..
Yeah

Branson, MO

#173 Aug 7, 2012
Lived on BB my whole life. Pretty sure bleeding stop sign is a myth.
JBURDEN

United States

#174 Jan 1, 2013
My family farm on hwy west 160 is said to be haunted. Back in the late sixties a woman hung her self from the rafters in our barns hay loft. Me and some buddies checked it out one night around 1 or 2 a.m. and when we were on the first floor we all thought we heard foot steps and then a woman weeping or saying somethin real muffled. We went up top to take a look but it was as quiet as could be. The loft has an errie feeling to it because the ladder that she used is still up there. And my grandpas house is right next to the barn and it to also has some kind of errieness to it.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#175 Jan 2, 2013
Check out the post made by Local-world and ask her where she lived when her son was seeing a black faceless figure in their home.
Ghunter

Kimberling City, MO

#176 Jan 2, 2013
JBURDEN wrote:
My family farm on hwy west 160 is said to be haunted. Back in the late sixties a woman hung her self from the rafters in our barns hay loft. Me and some buddies checked it out one night around 1 or 2 a.m. and when we were on the first floor we all thought we heard foot steps and then a woman weeping or saying somethin real muffled. We went up top to take a look but it was as quiet as could be. The loft has an errie feeling to it because the ladder that she used is still up there. And my grandpas house is right next to the barn and it to also has some kind of errieness to it.
Can I do a ghost hunt for research on this barn and house? I am from this area and have the equipment.Let me know.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#178 May 15, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>it still is something out there,,go at night when its raining,,but dont ever take anything out of a place like that,,thats real bad,,take voice recorder,,walk around in that place at night when its raining,,and yell at the spirits to piss them off,,demand them to speak,,then go home and listen to your tape,,then tell us what you hear,,then and only then my freind,,will we all know your as crazy as the grave digger for walking around at night in the rain yelling at nothing,,ha haa haaa,,,you got to piss the spirit world off to witness anything,,,
This is true. Only experiences I've had have involved pissing off the ghost.
speedy

Chestnutridge, MO

#179 May 15, 2013
Kuruko dark wrote:
Does anyone know of the bleeding stop sign?
yes i do i hit a racoon and it flrw up against this stop sign and did have blood all over it and it did dent my truck so i shot the racoon just to get even but missed because i was drunk and did hear glass shatter from what i have no idea and about 15 minute later did hear the police but dont worry i made it home safe
Kirk

Ava, MO

#180 Jul 12, 2013
McLovin65775 wrote:
Yes the west plains newspaper has archives. in the court house, there is a copy of the paper after the blast. also in the library. every halloween galloway park does this big festival thing. the halloween before last there was a lady that had a little section there, with benches set up for people to hear her stories. I dont remember her name. wish i did. she had some neat stories to tell about old west plains. She remembers the blast, and she may be the same old lady that a poster mentioned earlier, the one that was going to go to the dance that night but her parents wouldnt let her. ANYWAY, she remembered the blast, had alot of pictures with her from the scene. those pictures have stuck with me. i definatley would not let my daughter look at those.
yes there is a grave in the big cemetary west plains has, for some reason the name of the cemetary is slipping my mind.. but you can get to it off of grace ave. you cant really miss it. its a HUGE memorial stone, with the names of the people that lost thier lives.. in the early days, they had to replace that stone a handful of times because it kept falling off of its mount. They now say that it was because of the vibrations from the train that was making it do that.
The Cemetery is Oaklawn Cemetery just off of Thayer Ave
Candice

West Plains, MO

#181 Jul 12, 2013
Crazy Lisa wrote:
The building is on the corner of West Main and the square. It's directly acrosss the street from West Plains Bank. Has a big clock on the corner of it. The bank used to be longer than it is now and the gas station and dance hall were a part of it.(Hence the burnt floors upstairs)
It was further back close to the old library. This guy named Joe was seen throwing a match in the basement of the dance hall, then the explosion. There is a book published that the library can get you.
grave digger

Norwood, MO

#182 Jul 12, 2013
Candice wrote:
<quoted text>
It was further back close to the old library. This guy named Joe was seen throwing a match in the basement of the dance hall, then the explosion. There is a book published that the library can get you.
so this joe killed all these people?,,,did this joe die also?,,,or is this joe story just another made up story?,,,after looking at the square for a long time,,,and knowing the court house that stands now on the same spot when it was burnt down back in the civil war days,,,and it looks like a big tombstone,,,is there any stories if maybe the tombstone looking court house of today is a real tombstone for the soilders and GOD only knows who else that died there that day of the fire?,,,cuz it dont match anything around it,,,and this was for a reason,,,the grave digger was in that tombstone building one time and heard crying,,,but that was the people paying their court fines,,,ha haa haaa,,,then heard sounds of people moaning,,,and that was the lawyers screwing their clients out of all their money,,,ha haa haaa,,,is it haunted?,,,dont know but in a hundred yrs from now with all the agony this building puts people thru,,,it could be,,,ha haa haaa,,,
Candice

West Plains, MO

#183 Jul 13, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>so this joe killed all these people?,,,did this joe die also?,,,or is this joe story just another made up story?,,,after looking at the square for a long time,,,and knowing the court house that stands now on the same spot when it was burnt down back in the civil war days,,,and it looks like a big tombstone,,,is there any stories if maybe the tombstone looking court house of today is a real tombstone for the soilders and GOD only knows who else that died there that day of the fire?,,,cuz it dont match anything around it,,,and this was for a reason,,,the grave digger was in that tombstone building one time and heard crying,,,but that was the people paying their court fines,,,ha haa haaa,,,then heard sounds of people moaning,,,and that was the lawyers screwing their clients out of all their money,,,ha haa haaa,,,is it haunted?,,,dont know but in a hundred yrs from now with all the agony this building puts people thru,,,it could be,,,ha haa haaa,,,
Joe did die. He thought he could get away. He had a grudge against some people in there. Long story my parents told me a long time ago. It's published as speculation as it couldn't be proved for sure.
grave digger

Norwood, MO

#184 Jul 13, 2013
Candice wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe did die. He thought he could get away. He had a grudge against some people in there. Long story my parents told me a long time ago. It's published as speculation as it couldn't be proved for sure.
nice story,,,didnt know this,,,history and secrets always makes for good reading,,,and the grudge part,,,can beleive that,,,nice info,,,
Candice

West Plains, MO

#185 Jul 13, 2013
grave digger wrote:
<quoted text>nice story,,,didnt know this,,,history and secrets always makes for good reading,,,and the grudge part,,,can beleive that,,,nice info,,,
Yes, lots of interesting, to say the least , things happen around here and many other places, if not all. Lots of secrets everywhere!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin - Wife beater 18 min Kevins-ex 81
West Plains Walmart loses first MILLION in sales 27 min grave digger 17
City road repair sucks 35 min grave digger 16
Sloppy females with dirty hair, chipped nail po... 42 min grave digger 5
Who messed up El Charro patio concrete? 3 hr PincheCabron 1
Bootleggers B-B-Q 3 hr qqqbbbqqq 69
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Johnny R 104,058
More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages