Why are christians so dumb?
Jesus namesake

Branson, MO

#61 Sep 16, 2013
You will find him when you seek with all your heart. You must give everything to God. in other words give up your vanity and self propelled inbitations.
HighPreistess

West Plains, MO

#62 Sep 22, 2013
You all know pagans came way before Christianity. My question is why is it that that christianity stole so many holidays and traditions from pagans? The pagans even had a "saviour" son of the gods who was born to a virgin and who was sacrificed just the same as Jesus and he was thought to be born around Christmas.....which is entirely a pagan holiday just like Easter and Halloween, originally. Interesting that Christianity sort of came a long and claimed pagan legends and just tweeked them a little and called them their own,isn't it?
Liz

West Plains, MO

#63 Sep 22, 2013
HighPreistess wrote:
You all know pagans came way before Christianity. My question is why is it that that christianity stole so many holidays and traditions from pagans? The pagans even had a "saviour" son of the gods who was born to a virgin and who was sacrificed just the same as Jesus and he was thought to be born around Christmas.....which is entirely a pagan holiday just like Easter and Halloween, originally. Interesting that Christianity sort of came a long and claimed pagan legends and just tweeked them a little and called them their own,isn't it?
Would you mind. Oohing and pasting the link to the info a out pagans having a savior son born to a virgin, etc. it sounds interesting. I want to know if the legends are documented.
Mr Speed

Fremont, CA

#64 Oct 1, 2013
Liz wrote:
Would you mind. Oohing and pasting the link to the info a out pagans having a savior son born to a virgin, etc. it sounds interesting. I want to know if the legends are documented.
The masonic gnostic claims have been looked at and found to mostly be post-christian.
www.kingdavid8.com/_full_article.php...
Mr Speed

Fremont, CA

#65 Oct 1, 2013
JLC wrote:
They think they're so smart. They walk around thinking they're better than everyone. They think they have all the answers to the world and don't think they're wrong. They don't give an inch. They're wrong about there being a God. They're wrong about there being a hell. I can't wait till they find out they are way wrong.
That's not what Jesus said.

The atheist who believes in 'caveman' is very wrong.
Candytripn

Porterville, CA

#66 Oct 2, 2013
watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists think that everything would be idyllic if there was a God. Being weakminded and shortsighted, they fail to comprehend the great incredible depth of His plan. They purposely view matters at an extremely simplistic and superficial level because they are inwardly terrified of what they might discover if they objectively looked at the claims of scripture.
Atheistic beliefs were directly responsible for the murder of well over one hundred million innocent people throughout the 20th century. They don't build hospitals, schools or anything else of value to society. They only know how to tear down and destroy.
Atheists know in their heart of hearts there truly is a God, but like angry little children they put their hands over their eyes and scream they can't see Him. They are of all people, most pitiful.
Lol. This was great.Yes, Atheists like myself do have a simply belief. Proof. We believe in what is provable. You cannot in any logical way prove the existence of god, so we do not believe. Theists, contrasty, have faith in the unprovable, simply because it cannot be disproved.

Tell you what.. Unicorns are REAL. They exist and are responsible for all life! Prove me wrong...

Now take everything you said and replace "Unicorn" with "God"

Oh.. but you have an argument. Lets hear that too.. Now replace and "god" with "unicorn" and see if it makes sense.

Hell.. this could keep you busy for a while ;p
Watcher

West Plains, MO

#67 Oct 2, 2013
Candytripn wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. This was great.Yes, Atheists like myself do have a simply belief. Proof. We believe in what is provable. You cannot in any logical way prove the existence of god, so we do not believe. Theists, contrasty, have faith in the unprovable, simply because it cannot be disproved.
Tell you what.. Unicorns are REAL. They exist and are responsible for all life! Prove me wrong...
Now take everything you said and replace "Unicorn" with "God"
Oh.. but you have an argument. Lets hear that too.. Now replace and "god" with "unicorn" and see if it makes sense.
Hell.. this could keep you busy for a while ;p
Don't need to "prove" God to you. You are born with the knowledge He is real. It's in your dna. That drives you nuts. I would never spend time arguing with people that unicorns don't exist because I KNOW they aren't real and assume that anyone who believes otherwise is goofy and unworthy of my time. Sucks to be you.
Mr Speed

Rochester, NY

#68 Oct 3, 2013
Candytripn wrote:
Lol. This was great.Yes, Atheists like myself do have a simply belief. Proof. We believe in what is provable. You cannot in any logical way prove the existence of god, so we do not believe. Theists, contrasty, have faith in the unprovable, simply because it cannot be disproved.
Tell you what.. Unicorns are REAL. They exist and are responsible for all life! Prove me wrong...

Now take everything you said and replace "Unicorn" with "God"
Oh.. but you have an argument. Lets hear that too.. Now replace and "god" with "unicorn" and see if it makes sense.
Hell.. this could keep you busy for a while ;p
Unicorn is not the fairy tale version rather was a single horned bovine type animal that was recorded by early explorers. There's an article about it at creation.com

Jesus was recorded by all the historians of the time. The Bible says he is God and Creator.

You need to be as skeptical of your own views by replacing your 'unicorn' with the 'caveman'. Show us the proof for that thing?

There is no proof for 'caveman'. It is just a pagan religion masquerading as 'science'. Man has always been man as the Bible says.

Bible right again!
AwesomeAthiest

Southampton, PA

#69 Dec 13, 2013
@ Mr Speed
There is plenty of proof for cavemen!Like skeletons of human like creatures, and while we are on the topic of old things, the planet earth has been proven to be millions upon millions of years old.
anons

Olathe, KS

#70 Dec 14, 2013
JLC wrote:
They think they're so smart. They walk around thinking they're better than everyone. They think they have all the answers to the world and don't think they're wrong. They don't give an inch. They're wrong about there being a God. They're wrong about there being a hell. I can't wait till they find out they are way wrong.
Don't have a hard heart and deprive yourself immortality because of the religious establishment. God loves you and while many churches are shit for brains you are you are your own person and your relationship with God is on you.
NoCowards

West Plains, MO

#71 Dec 14, 2013
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/13/chr...
1. God provides the best explanation of the origin of the universe. Given the scientific evidence we have about our universe and its origins, and bolstered by arguments presented by philosophers for centuries, it is highly probable that the universe had an absolute beginning. Since the universe, like everything else, could not have merely popped into being without a cause, there must exist a transcendent reality beyond time and space that brought the universe into existence. This entity must therefore be enormously powerful. Only a transcendent, unembodied mind suitably fits that description.
2. God provides the best explanation for the fine-tuning of the universe. Contemporary physics has established that the universe is fine-tuned for the existence of intelligent, interactive life. That is to say, in order for intelligent, interactive life to exist, the fundamental constants and quantities of nature must fall into an incomprehensibly narrow life-permitting range. There are three competing explanations of this remarkable fine-tuning: physical necessity, chance, or design. The first two are highly implausible, given the independence of the fundamental constants and quantities from nature's laws and the desperate maneuvers needed to save the hypothesis of chance. That leaves design as the best explanation.
3. God provides the best explanation of objective moral values and duties. Even atheists recognize that some things, for example, the Holocaust, are objectively evil. But if atheism is true, what basis is there for the objectivity of the moral values we affirm? Evolution? Social conditioning? These factors may at best produce in us the subjective feeling that there are objective moral values and duties, but they do nothing to provide a basis for them. If human evolution had taken a different path, a very different set of moral feelings might have evolved. By contrast, God Himself serves as the paradigm of goodness, and His commandments constitute our moral duties. Thus, theism provides a better explanation of objective moral values and duties.
4. God provides the best explanation of the historical facts concerning Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. Historians have reached something of consensus that the historical Jesus thought that in himself God’s Kingdom had broken into human history, and he carried out a ministry of miracle-working and exorcisms as evidence of that fact. Moreover, most historical scholars agree that after his crucifixion Jesus’ tomb was discovered empty by a group of female disciples, that various individuals and groups saw appearances of Jesus alive after his death, and that the original disciples suddenly and sincerely came to believe in Jesus’ resurrection despite their every predisposition to the contrary. I can think of no better explanation of these facts than the one the original disciples gave: God raised Jesus from the dead.
5. God can be personally known and experienced. The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. Down through history Christians have found through Jesus a personal acquaintance with God that has transformed their lives.
The good thing is that atheists tend to be very passionate people and want to believe in something. If they would only put aside the slogans for a moment and reexamine their worldview in light of the best philosophical, scientific, and historical evidence we have today, then they, too, would find Christmas worth celebrating!
William Lane Craig is a philosopher, author, and founder of ReasonableFaith.org , a web-based ministry whose purpose is to provide an intelligent and articulate perspective about the existence of God in the public arena.
iam

Olathe, KS

#72 Dec 14, 2013
NoCowards wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion /2013/12/13/christmas-gift-for -atheists-five-reasons-why-god -exists/?intcmp=HPBucket
1. God provides the best explanation of the origin of the universe. Given the scientific evidence we have about our universe and its origins, and bolstered by arguments presented by philosophers for centuries, it is highly probable that the universe had an absolute beginning. Since the universe, like everything else, could not have merely popped into being without a cause, there must exist a transcendent reality beyond time and space that brought the universe into existence. This entity must therefore be enormously powerful. Only a transcendent, unembodied mind suitably fits that description.
2. God provides the best explanation for the fine-tuning of the universe. Contemporary physics has established that the universe is fine-tuned for the existence of intelligent, interactive life. That is to say, in order for intelligent, interactive life to exist, the fundamental constants and quantities of nature must fall into an incomprehensibly narrow life-permitting range. There are three competing explanations of this remarkable fine-tuning: physical necessity, chance, or design. The first two are highly implausible, given the independence of the fundamental constants and quantities from nature's laws and the desperate maneuvers needed to save the hypothesis of chance. That leaves design as the best explanation.
3. God provides the best explanation of objective moral values and duties. Even atheists recognize that some things, for example, the Holocaust, are objectively evil. But if atheism is true, what basis is there for the objectivity of the moral values we affirm? Evolution? Social conditioning? These factors may at best produce in us the subjective feeling that there are objective moral values and duties, but they do nothing to provide a basis for them. If human evolution had taken a different path, a very different set of moral feelings might have evolved. By contrast, God Himself serves as the paradigm of goodness, and His commandments constitute our moral duties. Thus, theism provides a better explanation of objective moral values and duties.
4. God provides the best explanation of the historical facts concerning Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. Historians have reached something of consensus that the historical Jesus thought that in himself God’s Kingdom had broken into human history, and he carried out a ministry of miracle-working and exorcisms as evidence of that fact. Moreover, most historical scholars agree that after his crucifixion Jesus’ tomb was discovered empty by a group of female disciples, that various individuals and groups saw appearances of Jesus alive after his death, and that the original disciples suddenly and sincerely came to believe in Jesus’ resurrection despite their every predisposition to the contrary. I can think of no better explanation of these facts than the one the original disciples gave: God raised Jesus from the dead.
5. God can be personally known and experienced. The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. Down through history Christians have found through Jesus a personal acquaintance with God that has transformed their lives.
The good thing is that atheists tend to be very passionate people and want to believe in something. If they would only put aside the slogans for a moment and reexamine their worldview in light of the best philosophical, scientific, and historical evidence we have today, then they, too, would find Christmas worth celebrating!
William Lane Craig is a philosopher, author, and founder of ReasonableFaith.org , a web-based ministry whose purpose is to provide an intelligent and articulate perspective about the existence of God in the public arena.
"there must exist a transcendent reality beyond time and space that brought the universe into existence" I hope so
candytripn

Delhi, CA

#73 Dec 16, 2013
I feel like I just got rickrolled, I can't believe the nonsense I'm reading. These comments prove the question.

Statements like "God provides the best explanation <insert anything here>" are simply a cop-out. I can't explain it so it must be magic!

Or this lovely gem "There is no proof for 'caveman'. It is just a pagan religion masquerading as 'science'. Man has always been man as the Bible says." Where to begin. Is it the irony of one religion claiming validity over a another? The Cliche call on pagans, or perhaps the ever popular, the Bilbe [aka, the book that some guys got together and wrote to control people, which is magically the word of god, vs all the other books written by man that also claim to be the word of god] says it, so it must be right.

"The atheist who believes in 'caveman' is very wrong." Hah, ok.. I'll try my best to walk you through it. See, there's the scientist type guys (you know, devil worshiping pagans) who study things like this. They dig around, and find bones,(those things god left in the dirt to test you and tempt atheists) bones like those belonging to Sahelanthropus tchadensis, some 7 millions years old. Well, there's a bunch of these bones, that link this species, to the next and next down the line. These other guys, archeologists (sorcerers) find evidence of early.. I'm sorry, I'm laughing too hard.. but try opening a science book, it'll blow your mind !
tim

Lenexa, KS

#74 Dec 17, 2013
candytripn wrote:
I feel like I just got rickrolled, I can't believe the nonsense I'm reading. These comments prove the question.
Statements like "God provides the best explanation <insert anything here>" are simply a cop-out. I can't explain it so it must be magic!
Or this lovely gem "There is no proof for 'caveman'. It is just a pagan religion masquerading as 'science'. Man has always been man as the Bible says." Where to begin. Is it the irony of one religion claiming validity over a another? The Cliche call on pagans, or perhaps the ever popular, the Bilbe [aka, the book that some guys got together and wrote to control people, which is magically the word of god, vs all the other books written by man that also claim to be the word of god] says it, so it must be right.
"The atheist who believes in 'caveman' is very wrong." Hah, ok.. I'll try my best to walk you through it. See, there's the scientist type guys (you know, devil worshiping pagans) who study things like this. They dig around, and find bones,(those things god left in the dirt to test you and tempt atheists) bones like those belonging to Sahelanthropus tchadensis, some 7 millions years old. Well, there's a bunch of these bones, that link this species, to the next and next down the line. These other guys, archeologists (sorcerers) find evidence of early.. I'm sorry, I'm laughing too hard.. but try opening a science book, it'll blow your mind !
them bones are a product of gods creation of this earth. the bible says god created the earth in 6 days trouble is no one knows what a day is to god. evolution is no more than a description of the process of creation. Science is not static it is fluid dependent on discovery relativity vs. string theory. now i know that this will probably piss off most atheist and Christians nut hey thats what i do
candytripn

Delhi, CA

#75 Dec 17, 2013
Science is fluid but that 2,000 year old book written by man is infallible, right? lol
tim

Lenexa, KS

#76 Dec 17, 2013
candytripn wrote:
Science is fluid but that 2,000 year old book written by man is infallible, right? lol
It is not the word of God that falters but mans interpretation of it.
Meg

Ashburn, VA

#77 Dec 21, 2013
If you reject GOD he will reject you

Jesus is the only way to the heaven

I am proud that i'm a Christian i feel perfect

Christian's arn't dumb or stupid , the one who think there dumb is actually dumb and stupid

You can't judge God

You all are doing a big SIN

(Forgive them lord they don't know what there doing)

Be a faithful christian , follow Jesus lead

you will feel peacefull and great

Because Jesus loves you more then you can imagine , you his kids

isn't it great that someone loves you so much that he actually suffered all paint just to wash your sins

please stop it and think before you say anything

i want more as more people in Heaven

let me tell you guy's Hell is very bad and discussting place , the demons don't have feelings what there doing with you or anyone they like to hurt people and one more thing Demon devils hates you , Devil hates every huma being ,

Don't let Devil win
thinker

Palmdale, CA

#78 Jan 6, 2014
really fred? then tell me something? if u were to truly find peace thru god then u really need fear to inspire them really go tell ur kid EVERYTHING about god but leave hell and the devil out of it see wat ur kids think they'll just think its just another fairy tale another legend fear inspires this religion why else would people follow it ill mark down this passages from the bible "no one born of forbidden marriage nor any of his descendants may enter the assembly of the lord even down to the tenth generation Deuteronomy 23:2"meaning if u are born wen ur parents are divorced or something u automatically go to hell there are many more of them i can go over but instead of thinking like all of us ur just gonna be stubborn and keep believing that ur religion can bring peace stop believing that bullcrap! that isnt peace that isnt freedom peace starts wen we all get along everyday i see u christians fighting against homosexuals i see no freedom ur so called freedom means to be locked in a church following the rules that ur "god" has planed for u any question against him is an act of satan so u cant even question ur own god were is the freedom in that???
thinker

Palmdale, CA

#79 Jan 6, 2014
besides if he loves us SOOOOOO much why did he create hell i cannot change ur mind i can only make u think
tim

Marshfield, MO

#80 Jan 6, 2014
thinker wrote:
besides if he loves us SOOOOOO much why did he create hell i cannot change ur mind i can only make u think
hell is for atheist and the like :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
real haunted areas/places in or around west plains (Oct '09) 44 min Monkeyballlrollin... 213
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr MSRose 105,330
my man dave 'sparky' stone (Jan '12) Tue Mason 34
Sick n Tired of Walmart Mon grave digger 3
South Howell County Ambulance (Sep '08) Jul 24 Greg 106
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) Jul 24 grave digger 50
FBI/IRS investigate His Place House of Worship Jul 24 grave digger 6

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages