Why are christians so dumb?
Miraboreas

UK

#41 Aug 22, 2013
Watcher wrote:
Atheists are the new "thought police." They will use any and every means necessary to eliminate anything and anyone who dares to disagree with them. They are society's "cowards," roving jackals looking to devour any and all who oppose them. Hearing or reading anything that disagrees with their shallow thought processes a scary tingling feeling to run up their leg.
Although they are currently limited to the power of the mainstream news media and the court system in their quest to quash all dissenting voices - make no mistake! If they could get away with it, they would use guns, poison, whatever means they would be allowed to use in order to still the voices they fear so much.
Atheists are NOT freedom lovers!! Anything but!
So anyone who disagrees with what religion has to say is automatically a close minded coward? Because we take a point of view different to the one YOU have taken from a storybook, and openly question what your book has to say? Do you even understand enough of the real world to know that everything you just said was a veritable fountain of narrow-minded rubbish, akin to the muttering of a conspiracy-obsessed paranoia sufferer?
You call yourself open minded, yet you blindly follow the word of a book filled with bedtime stories?
Miraboreas

UK

#42 Aug 22, 2013
How Ignorant wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot - they boldly proclaimed they were atheists. What's your problem? Ashamed of your fellow atheists? They believed they meant well - murdering everyone who questioned their motives and methods. After all, their goal was noble - to establish equality among all men. They were going to accomplish what those who believed in God had failed to do, no matter what the cost. They viscerally hated any and all who saw things differently than they did.
Nothing has changed. Atheists are hate-filled people by nature and by choice. They contribute nothing of substance to society. They only attempt to hijack the accomplishments of those who love God and their fellow man, and claim them for their own ends.
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?
You've given 3 examples of anti-religious sentiment, and yet have presented no details of what they specifically did. Christianity held back medical advances for over 1000 years, endorsing only Claudius Galen's clouded view, which he had cobbled together using experiments on animals. The church forbade human dissection- the only way of proving Galen was wrong. The penalty was torture, followed by public execution, which the Pope would not only authorise, but also attend from his gilded balcony, where he could command the best view.
These are facts- don't mistake them for the whimsical dribble that has spewed from your own tongue. Of these three men: Pol Pot, Stalin, and Mao, you know only names and some numbers. How about you actually read up about them? Or better yet, read up about your own bloodstained history, perhaps from a textbook written from an unbiased point of view? Maybe then you would realise how hollow your own accusations are?
Watcher

Ypsilanti, MI

#43 Aug 23, 2013
Miraboreas wrote:
<quoted text>
So anyone who disagrees with what religion has to say is automatically a close minded coward? Because we take a point of view different to the one YOU have taken from a storybook, and openly question what your book has to say? Do you even understand enough of the real world to know that everything you just said was a veritable fountain of narrow-minded rubbish, akin to the muttering of a conspiracy-obsessed paranoia sufferer?
You call yourself open minded, yet you blindly follow the word of a book filled with bedtime stories?
You sound frustrated.
I am with you

West Plains, MO

#44 Aug 24, 2013
watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists think that everything would be idyllic if there was a God. Being weakminded and shortsighted, they fail to comprehend the great incredible depth of His plan. They purposely view matters at an extremely simplistic and superficial level because they are inwardly terrified of what they might discover if they objectively looked at the claims of scripture.
Atheistic beliefs were directly responsible for the murder of well over one hundred million innocent people throughout the 20th century. They don't build hospitals, schools or anything else of value to society. They only know how to tear down and destroy.
Atheists know in their heart of hearts there truly is a God, but like angry little children they put their hands over their eyes and scream they can't see Him. They are of all people, most pitiful.
I think the same things as you do. They think just because innocents suffer and there is evil in the world , they think there is no God. There is also those that think its just science and that we are just a bunch of particles and such. Scientists were mainly atheists until the 80's when they traced the day time stood still in astronomical calculations. Albert Einstein was one of the few scientists that wasn't an atheist. He had a firm believe in the almighty power greater than us. He has a very intriguing mind! Looks like a wild man but so very smart and a nice person! So much so that The Beatles wrote "Uncle Albert" to say that we were all sorry for what happened when he was instructed to split the atom.
William Hung

Noblesville, IN

#45 Aug 25, 2013
I am with you wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the same things as you do. They think just because innocents suffer and there is evil in the world , they think there is no God. There is also those that think its just science and that we are just a bunch of particles and such. Scientists were mainly atheists until the 80's when they traced the day time stood still in astronomical calculations. Albert Einstein was one of the few scientists that wasn't an atheist. He had a firm believe in the almighty power greater than us. He has a very intriguing mind! Looks like a wild man but so very smart and a nice person! So much so that The Beatles wrote "Uncle Albert" to say that we were all sorry for what happened when he was instructed to split the atom.
The Beatles DID NOT write Uncle Albert. Paul Mcartney did after they broke up. It's a shitty song. don't pin that on John, George, or Ringo moron.
Miraboreas

Manchester, UK

#46 Aug 29, 2013
I am with you wrote:
<quoted text>
If there truly is a higher power who created and watches over humanity, why does it allow so many to suffer? Why allow millions of innocent people to live in poverty, starving to death? Why would it allow disasters to ravage towns, cities and countries, where so many of it's own believers live? Why was New Orleans, home of a deeply christian community, allowed to be flooded by Hurricane Katrina? Why was Haiti, another deeply christian population, virtually leveled by an earthquake? Why do those who pray for the draught in Ethiopia to end, continue to suffer? If this creator is so "all powerful", why not prove it? Why not step in, just once, to end the suffering of innocents?
Mercy

Ozark, MO

#47 Aug 29, 2013
Miraboreas wrote:
<quoted text>
If there truly is a higher power who created and watches over humanity, why does it allow so many to suffer? Why allow millions of innocent people to live in poverty, starving to death? Why would it allow disasters to ravage towns, cities and countries, where so many of it's own believers live? Why was New Orleans, home of a deeply christian community, allowed to be flooded by Hurricane Katrina? Why was Haiti, another deeply christian population, virtually leveled by an earthquake? Why do those who pray for the draught in Ethiopia to end, continue to suffer? If this creator is so "all powerful", why not prove it? Why not step in, just once, to end the suffering of innocents?
God gave Mankind dominion over the earth. He only steps in when invited to do so. He has done so on many many occasions.
Miraboreas

London, UK

#48 Sep 1, 2013
Mercy wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave Mankind dominion over the earth. He only steps in when invited to do so. He has done so on many many occasions.
In that case, you'll be able to give many many definitive examples...? You can detail exactly what happened in each case? And don't bother spouting bullshit from the bible, as there is neither historical or scientific proof to reinforce anything that your book of bedtime stories says.
gonna b ok!!

Lampe, MO

#49 Sep 1, 2013
@JLC
What cha gonna do when you find out your way wrong? Be to late then!!! I will pray for you...
Mercy Me

Branson, MO

#50 Sep 1, 2013
Miraboreas wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, you'll be able to give many many definitive examples...? You can detail exactly what happened in each case? And don't bother spouting bullshit from the bible, as there is neither historical or scientific proof to reinforce anything that your book of bedtime stories says.
Another fool incapable of intelligent conversation? You asked a specific philosophic question - Why does God, if He exist, allow so much suffering? I gave you a very simple accurate answer. You stupidly chose to run down a rabbit trail like most atheists do. I have found atheists to be incredibly shallow in their thinking when it comes to spiritual matters.
Miraboreas

UK

#51 Sep 1, 2013
Mercy Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Another fool incapable of intelligent conversation? You asked a specific philosophic question - Why does God, if He exist, allow so much suffering? I gave you a very simple accurate answer. You stupidly chose to run down a rabbit trail like most atheists do. I have found atheists to be incredibly shallow in their thinking when it comes to spiritual matters.
And I have found Christians to be incredibly quick to criticize non-religious thinking, and yet incredibly bad at proving their points in discussion. What you seem to be incapable of understanding is that the phrase "Because God says so", is not proof of anything. Your "simple, accurate answer" was neither accurate, nor an answer; you simply stated that god is a lapdog.
And actually, I prefer to walk along the rabbit trail- makes it easier to see where I'm going.
Mercy Me

Branson, MO

#52 Sep 1, 2013
Miraboreas wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have found Christians to be incredibly quick to criticize non-religious thinking, and yet incredibly bad at proving their points in discussion. What you seem to be incapable of understanding is that the phrase "Because God says so", is not proof of anything. Your "simple, accurate answer" was neither accurate, nor an answer; you simply stated that god is a lapdog.
And actually, I prefer to walk along the rabbit trail- makes it easier to see where I'm going.

Thank you for confirming what I wrote. Only an incredibly shallow ideologue could draw such a ridiculous conclusion from what I wrote. Again, you utterly failed to address what I wrote. You can't. It's way beyond your simple-minded irrational intellect. You are obviously very confused.

God will not compromise His integrity. You, like most atheists, have almost no grid for what real integrity is all about.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#53 Sep 2, 2013
They jus judge you and do their dirt in dark
gonna b ok!!

Lampe, MO

#54 Sep 3, 2013
@Miraboreas:
I don't understand why you ask all these questions! I guess you must claim to be an atheist, whatever that is. But yet at the same time you bug these people about their belief. I don't get it, maybe I'm just thick headed! If you think you have all these answers, then why bug everybody else for an answer?
You must not trust your thinking, cause it sounds pretty empty & hollow to me. Guess you like to hear your head rattle!!
megalim

Kathmandu, Nepal

#55 Sep 15, 2013
Reaserch shows that christians lacks common sense.
Just Me

Cameron, MO

#56 Sep 15, 2013
I have been around 'christians' for almost 50 years. If 'heaven' is going to be full of the ones who go to church every Sunday then I'll pass.

Don't want to spend eternity with them!
Casual Observer

Ozark, MO

#57 Sep 15, 2013
Just Me wrote:
I have been around 'christians' for almost 50 years. If 'heaven' is going to be full of the ones who go to church every Sunday then I'll pass.
Don't want to spend eternity with them!
If you think that on the day of judgment, you will point to "bad" christians as being your excuse for rejecting the free offer of God's Son - you are in for a real shock.
Quit

Cameron, MO

#58 Sep 15, 2013
Used to be christian. I quit, tired of being screwed over by them.
Jesus namesake

Branson, MO

#59 Sep 16, 2013
It is obvious that none of you read the Bible or ever attended church.I think you all have things messed up. not all pencostal doctrine use snakes just like every catholic doesn't carries a rosie.A lot of you like to deny the scentific proof that has been found. because it does not fit into scheme of your plan. The truth about Jesus is that he forgives you attend chruch for one reason fellowship just like you all go to a bar same reason we have church we talk with people who are in agreement with us. I would suggest you kneel down and accept him and quit denying him. Chruchs to not practice religon they practice doctrine duh. At least christen beleive in something more than a beer or k3.
Jesus namesake

Branson, MO

#60 Sep 16, 2013
Why knock something you do not understand. You need guidence or you would not have the hate that you do. I may remind you that church is for the sinners and the drunks. it is their to welcome all facets of people rich poor and stupid. Why are you so negative you everything you lost hope,you lost faith. you need to refind it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know 52 min Ana Linjector 1
Trump approval rating hit 51% 57 min Leon 110
Best Psychiatrist in West Plains (Dec '10) 58 min Betsy R 57
Inspector General sends criminal McCabe case to... 1 hr Christian Patriot 4
NRA incoming donations TRIPLE 1 hr Christian Patriot 120
Coast to Coast listeners Art Bell dies. 2 hr Wondering 11
Ad on here to date Arab women 20 hr Rob myanus 7

West Plains Jobs

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages