West Plains, MO

#2 Apr 7, 2013
there is not food tax in Nebraska
eh really

White Oak, TX

#3 Apr 7, 2013
tisk tisk wrote:
there is not food tax in Nebraska
If I am not mistaken, California does not tax food either. I believe they tax soft drinks though. I wish they would do away with taxing healthy foods. Soft drinks, junk food, and processed foods are not necessary so I am okay with that.
Underdunk

West Plains, MO

#4 Apr 7, 2013
agreed... this is the only state ive lved in where they actually chargr tax for necessities , Food, clothing, medical care and equipment etc... and lets talk about the cid tax. This town need an enema to clean out the hoovers and all the other card carrying members of the Good Ol Boys Club...
tisk tisk

West Plains, MO

#5 Apr 8, 2013
they sure do have a lot of taxes here... and the personal property tax every year is kinda crazy!!! where are all of these tax dollars goin?? If this is the poorest state in the U.S.?? ive lived in north Dakota and nebraska and im baffeled...? anyone care to explain??
tisk tisk

West Plains, MO

#6 Apr 8, 2013
I don't plan on stayin here its only a matter of time ... before everyone else starts noticing and takes flight as well
nebraska

West Plains, MO

#7 Apr 8, 2013
the goodlife
fyi

Ozark, MO

#8 Apr 8, 2013
You also need to compare the income tax versus sales tax per state. Most states with low sales tax have higher income taxes. There is a bill in MO right now to get rid of state income taxes but slightly raise the state sales tax. No matter where you live the government gets their revenue one way or the other.
nebraska

West Plains, MO

#9 Apr 8, 2013
all I know is I moved down here and things started costing a lot more! and the pay is way less

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith Assembly is like Westborro Baptist Church (Aug '13) 1 hr NotOfThisWorld 65
Bill Donner 1 hr question 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Insane Trumpanzees 109,102
Mugs 3 hr betty 2
Raymond Blake 4 hr Rye 1
Looking for a local Attorney (Apr '12) 5 hr grave digger 19
saba store 5 hr grave digger 20

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages