First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Oldy

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2012
Jim Hedlesten is 73. That is way, way, way too old to begin a four year term as Sheriff.
truth

Branson, MO

#2 Aug 4, 2012
Why because he will be 77 when his next term comes around? You know it's a known fact when a kid gets in trouble and you set the kid in front of an older person they come more to listen and learn from that older person then they do from a younger cop who acts like their parents instead of their grandparents. No dis respect to this 73 yr old guy intended just stateing a fact. What a kid hates is a young cop who walks around like a robot dickhead. A cop should show compassion with some of these crimanals because down the road these crimanals will snitch out the bigger fish all because of that moment of compassion they showed and you never know might turn the crimanal around to be a honest hard working person. I say age doesn't have anything to do with the sherrif job. May the best person win and why isn't there more women cops around here? Is this a mans world only around here?
oldy

Eldridge, MO

#3 Aug 4, 2012
I disagee. In this situation, Mike Shannon is mature, but, not overripe. He is not a smart alec and is a very compassionate person. I am a woman and have always done hard work, but, I would not want to be a lady sheriff or policewoman. Maybe, there is a high percentage of women that feel the same. As a matter of fact, I would not want the job if I was a man. There are too many crazy things going on. I, also, say good luck to them after the election.
interesting

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2012
SO WHAT if he's 73?????? As long as he is healthy,that does NOT matter! It means he's mature,he's old school,which is what this county NEEDS!!! Stop bashing him about his age! That pisses me off!! That alone is descrimination, BIG TIME!
truth

Branson, MO

#5 Aug 4, 2012
oldy wrote:
I disagee. In this situation, Mike Shannon is mature, but, not overripe. He is not a smart alec and is a very compassionate person. I am a woman and have always done hard work, but, I would not want to be a lady sheriff or policewoman. Maybe, there is a high percentage of women that feel the same. As a matter of fact, I would not want the job if I was a man. There are too many crazy things going on. I, also, say good luck to them after the election.
I voted for Mike last time and will vote for him again but agree with the person who posted right under you that the age thing is bullshit for a sherrifs job. I think Sherrif Shannon is doing a fine job and beleive this older guy will be like gouing back in time like it was when that sheperd guy was Sherrif because that sheperd guy had pals who wern't cops that would brag around town how they had pull with the sherrif and I heard an add on the radio just yesterday that sheperd guy giving the older guy running for Sherrif his suport and in the add he made Sherrif Shannon sound like he wasn't doing his job which is wrong because I think he is. The click crap in that office should of died out when sheperd left office most in this county was hopeing for. It's just like anything else in this world you have to keep up with the changes bcause this area is growing bigger and it aint maybeery no more and never will be ever again. I say with a county jail like howell county being full all the time this county should build a work camp for the stupid crimes and save the jail house for the dangerous crimanals. For example I won't use a real name but I know of a local half retarded young man that can't help being stupid and doing stupid crap and is in and out of that place because that jail house won't fix stupid local people but a work camp might. I say keep Mike Shannon as Sherrif because he is from the new age days not from the don't work mayberry days if you all know what I mean. I vote sherrif Shannon should make the inmates ware pink and clean up howell county like that Arizona sherrif does because that jail house doesn't have a high % of return stupid people. PS. Another thing that would save the county money at the jail house is put a stop to all these lieing drama chicks who cause shit and then scream abuse or sex abuse by their boyfreinds or husbands. These chicks are nuts and are always gunna be nuts and drama will follow most them for all their lives cuz their stupid and a waist of tax dollers and time.
kathy

West Plains, MO

#6 Aug 4, 2012
interesting wrote:
SO WHAT if he's 73?????? As long as he is healthy,that does NOT matter! It means he's mature,he's old school,which is what this county NEEDS!!! Stop bashing him about his age! That pisses me off!! That alone is descrimination, BIG TIME!
Yeah so what if he his pretty old to be trying to be sheriff. He wants the deputies to set up speed traps instead of taking care of the county like a sheriffs dept is supposed to do. When my house is broken into and the only two officers are out on 63 hwy stopping you for going 4 over. No, his age won't matter. Just his stupidity. I'm going to vote for Mike Shannon because he's been the only person to give a crap about us out in the county.
des

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2012
JOSHI
Laughing

United States

#8 Aug 5, 2012
Hedlesten is NOT 73. Just because he has forgotten more than most cops here would know in their lifetimes, the trash is jealous. Get a life. Shannon is so nice, he allowed four- count 'em- four prisoners to escape. What an amateur! Go back where you belong Shannon- screwing two wires together.
Great

Ozark, MO

#9 Aug 5, 2012
A person can make a difference at any age.
bro

United States

#10 Aug 5, 2012
Yeah, heddleston has something mike doesn't. A brain.
bro

United States

#11 Aug 5, 2012
And mike lied again. He has been stopping cars ever since he got in. Let's not forget that he said he would not be stopping cars prior to his win in 2008. Liar.
FBI

United States

#12 Aug 5, 2012
We are watching you guys so be careful what you say about gray haired guys. By the way prisoners escaped during jims tenure at the s.d. To so that's a stupid argument. And every sheriffs office is going to stop cars, they are cops to you know. This is just so much horse shit of an argument. Whoever started it is a true troll.
bro

United States

#13 Aug 5, 2012
I don't recall Jim ever being sheriff before, so how does that make escaping prisoners his fault?
Vote NO on Jim

United States

#14 Aug 5, 2012
Laughing wrote:
Hedlesten is NOT 73.
He was born in the 1939, according to his multiple lawsuits that are public record. He started with the Ohio Highway Patrol in the early 60s, that was 50 years ago! He moved to Howell County 16 years ago, after several years of retirement in Ohio. His campaign literature doesn't add up, but facts add up.
Vote NO on Jim

United States

#15 Aug 5, 2012
bro wrote:
I don't recall Jim ever being sheriff before, so how does that make escaping prisoners his fault?
The former sheriff never went to the office, he was always out of town.
bro

United States

#16 Aug 5, 2012
If the jail people had any training at all, no prisoners would escape. That is the sheriffs job. Obviously, mike has failed to do this.
wppd

West Plains, MO

#17 Aug 5, 2012
He's a guy that wants to be in charge because he never got to in life. He's been retired for years and he can't stand that people don't listen to him. Go ask his neighbors about him. He's a strange man that knows it all about everything and love to explain to you that he is smarted than you. I'd like to see him step on a rake.
bro

United States

#18 Aug 5, 2012
To vote no on Jim. Again, I say, I don't recall jim ever being sheriff before, so how does that make escaping prisoners his fault? You have to be the sheriff first, before sound decisions are made. No one else is allowed to make these decisions.
bro

United States

#19 Aug 5, 2012
The heddleston literature is accurate and anyone who questions his background needs educated. He has two lawsuits and both are legit. Maybe Shannon should quite getting the county sued. This suit against Shannon is not the only one and if he gets back in office, many more suits will sure to follow.
truth

Branson, MO

#20 Aug 5, 2012
bro wrote:
The heddleston literature is accurate and anyone who questions his background needs educated. He has two lawsuits and both are legit. Maybe Shannon should quite getting the county sued. This suit against Shannon is not the only one and if he gets back in office, many more suits will sure to follow.
Tell them lawyers who will sue anyone for anything to take a flying leap in a pile of dog crap and when they get to hell I will be waiting for them greedy ass morons who are and have been the ruin of America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I found Titus 2's pledge 2 hr elf 1
Grave Digger Announces... 2 hr elf 8
Rick Newman of Yahoo said Obamacare is great. 2 hr mEAT me in st louie 6
Creasy Bear explains flatbread 2 hr elf 8
caught 3 hr elf 39
no rights!!! 3 hr Smellyanne Conway 2
News DRS Technologies Wins $34 Million in New Contra... (Apr '08) 13 hr Doom 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages