Newton's Group Home West Plains

Newton's Group Home West Plains

Posted in the West Plains Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NoJob4Bob

Amherstburg, Canada

#1 Oct 28, 2011
I interviewe the other day for a direct care position with this company. I thought the interview went well but i sorta sensed this company was not big on hiring guys like me. Does anyone know anything about this company? Good or bad opinions appreciated.
lucky one

United States

#2 Oct 28, 2011
I work there and I love it. What do you mean "guys like you"? We have had several men work there, still do actually. Alot of our clients are women tho and the guys can only work in certain facilities due to issues that may arise. Some of those women wont even let men help them, but it is a good place to work if you can handle the stress that comes with it. It takes a special person to work with our clients as they can be challenging at times. I wish you luck tho, and suggest if you really want the job to keep calling or going by so they can see your determined. That's what will help get you the job.
NoJob4Bob

Amherstburg, Canada

#3 Oct 28, 2011
lucky one wrote:
I work there and I love it. What do you mean "guys like you"? We have had several men work there, still do actually. Alot of our clients are women tho and the guys can only work in certain facilities due to issues that may arise. Some of those women wont even let men help them, but it is a good place to work if you can handle the stress that comes with it. It takes a special person to work with our clients as they can be challenging at times. I wish you luck tho, and suggest if you really want the job to keep calling or going by so they can see your determined. That's what will help get you the job.


Im a big guy and could probably be described as a "man's man". I know I care about people but am concerned about having a more nurturing approach. I dont mind har work etc...lifing or bed pan duties. The lady I spoke with at NGH said something about a Green Wood group home off CC highway or doing PRN at Let's Get It location here in town. She also said something about split shifts. I dont mind weekends but my wife is pregnant with our first child and I dont know how I could do split shifts with our little car.
onlooker

Sparta, MO

#4 Oct 28, 2011
NoJob4Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Im a big guy and could probably be described as a "man's man". I know I care about people but am concerned about having a more nurturing approach. I dont mind har work etc...lifing or bed pan duties. The lady I spoke with at NGH said something about a Green Wood group home off CC highway or doing PRN at Let's Get It location here in town. She also said something about split shifts. I dont mind weekends but my wife is pregnant with our first child and I dont know how I could do split shifts with our little car.
You have the names of the places they told you wrong.
lucky one

United States

#5 Oct 28, 2011
Green acres and Let's Go. Lol. I knew what he meant.

I see. It seems like you would be better off finding a different job. Sad to say but its true. The hours can suck especially when your the new guy, I've been there. And honestly the pay sucks too but I love my job and they work around my college, that's why I work there. Plus the clients do need someone more nurturing, as you put it. Have you applied at the nursing homes? Are you a cna?
NoJob4Bob

Amherstburg, Canada

#6 Oct 28, 2011
Here's another question. What churches in WP are doing some type of Halloween Trick or Treat for kids? Anybody know where and what time? Thx.
worker

United States

#7 Oct 28, 2011
Why don't you apply at the dialysis clinic or brook haven. They are wonderful places yo work. I hope you find something you like. Good luck to you.
worker

United States

#8 Oct 28, 2011
yo=to sorry.
hahe

United States

#9 Oct 28, 2011
Newtons is a crappy place to work.. I worked at three of the Isls and lets go... You are under paid and they take advantage of you... They don't know how to schedule their staff.. you give an inch they take a mile... they dont care about you they only care that the shift is covered.. you can't move up anywhere... and they have favorites.. all staff instead equal... if you flirt around with the boss you get advantages other staff doesn't get.. if your good friends with them you get better pay and better hours... its like being in high school
NoJob4Bob

Amherstburg, Canada

#10 Oct 29, 2011
hahe wrote:
Newtons is a crappy place to work.. I worked at three of the Isls and lets go... You are under paid and they take advantage of you... They don't know how to schedule their staff.. you give an inch they take a mile... they dont care about you they only care that the shift is covered.. you can't move up anywhere... and they have favorites.. all staff instead equal... if you flirt around with the boss you get advantages other staff doesn't get.. if your good friends with them you get better pay and better hours... its like being in high school
I briefly met with a lady who I think was the owner , Shelly, Sheila ? then after filling out the application I had the interview. Some young man was sitting in his office with a pretty young blonde girl (probably his secretary or assistance) He seemed nice enuf although I kinda sensed they were somewhat cozy more than business (following your reference). We havent been in WP very long. Seems like a nice town, kinda run down but def got character to it. I dont brown nose just try to do my job but unfortunately have heard more negatives about NGH than positive. If they offer me a job I wont sneeze at it. Thanks also for the suggestions about other places as well. Im going to check them out.-- Bobby
TNT

Branson, MO

#11 Nov 1, 2011
I work for Newtons and have for about six years... I think they are wonderful people to work for... without a doubt...
Helpful

Ozark, MO

#12 Nov 1, 2011
I work at the Newtons facility in Thayer. We are hiring as well and I have enjoyed every bit of the 3 years that I have been there. My manager is awesome and will work with you.
onlooker

Sparta, MO

#13 Nov 1, 2011
NoJob4Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I briefly met with a lady who I think was the owner , Shelly, Sheila ? then after filling out the application I had the interview. Some young man was sitting in his office with a pretty young blonde girl (probably his secretary or assistance) He seemed nice enuf although I kinda sensed they were somewhat cozy more than business (following your reference). We havent been in WP very long. Seems like a nice town, kinda run down but def got character to it. I dont brown nose just try to do my job but unfortunately have heard more negatives about NGH than positive. If they offer me a job I wont sneeze at it. Thanks also for the suggestions about other places as well. Im going to check them out.-- Bobby
If he was sitting with "some pretty young blonde" looking cozy it would of been his wife moron. That was a BS comment. I wouldn't be surprised if most of these posts are from the same person trying to stir up sh*t like most of the people on here. Further more...you don't know them, any of them. They are however very nice people, and nice people to work for. I've worked for them in the past. If you didn't get the job it was more than likely because they didn't have a spot open for you or you didn't have the qualifications.
hmmm

Sparta, MO

#14 Nov 1, 2011
And this concludes the 101 class in HOW NOT TO GET A JOB!!! Any questions?
Yep

Burlington, IA

#15 Nov 2, 2011
I have one,how do you get a job. Will a job just come knocking on the door one day?
Do I have to work to get a job? OK,well I guess I had three questions..
bubba

Canada

#16 Nov 2, 2011
its mostly like the guy said just like be n in high school around here sad but tru its a buddy buddy in the click game never seen so many higher ups with power trips in one place mabe its the small town thing or just a holes and yes the age old flirt n with the boss still happens and works sad but tru .
NiceTry

Hollister, MO

#17 Nov 3, 2011
I honestly dont think it was a smart move posting a question on this website, not a good way to start out a new place, especially Newton's, topix is never a positive way to hear feedback about ANYTHING.
NoJob4Bob

Amherstburg, Canada

#18 Nov 5, 2011
NiceTry wrote:
I honestly dont think it was a smart move posting a question on this website, not a good way to start out a new place, especially Newton's, topix is never a positive way to hear feedback about ANYTHING.
I respect all of the posted opinions listed here on this forum, even the guy who referred to me as a MORON. The beauty of this country and this forum is #1. It's a free country,#2. You all will never meet me and I will never meet you , this is a safe environment to totally praise or decapitate someone's (innocent or not) character. Im sure there is plenty of room for unintelligent, uneducated, barely articulate people to blow their mental wad in this forum. But there is also highly intelligent , well informed, been there, done that opinions that I find most valuable. For all comments/opinions, good or bad. Thank You all for your feedback. Like I said , new to West Plains, just trying to get a feel for the place. We learn and grow from each other. That means a great deal for us who try to remain fair, unbiased and openminded.-- Bobby.
Nice Try

Ozark, MO

#19 Nov 6, 2011
Well I am glad that you respect all of the posted opinions on this forum, however half of the comments posted on topix, whether its in regards to Newtons or another topix discussion, almost always start some sort of conflict and a person or persons business is either attacked or has its reputation at risk because people come on here hide behind a screen name and feel like they can say whatever they choose to say on here and have no consequences. If you are new to a town I strongly urge you to go out and expierence the town and people personally rather than going to topix.com to hear nothing but garabage.
NoJob4Bob

Amherstburg, Canada

#20 Nov 7, 2011
Nice Try wrote:
Well I am glad that you respect all of the posted opinions on this forum, however half of the comments posted on topix, whether its in regards to Newtons or another topix discussion, almost always start some sort of conflict and a person or persons business is either attacked or has its reputation at risk because people come on here hide behind a screen name and feel like they can say whatever they choose to say on here and have no consequences. If you are new to a town I strongly urge you to go out and expierence the town and people personally rather than going to topix.com to hear nothing but garabage.
Sounds like wise advice. thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump is a liar. 43 min TRUMPOCALYPSE 63
Curious 55 min old friend 1
Gm e 2 hr Moon Raker 1
Im thinking about starting a LGBT clb here in W... (Apr '13) 2 hr Stinky Butt 130
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 110,070
Racist people in west plains (Oct '10) 6 hr Whaaaaa 134
FEMA so called help for Howell County citizens 6 hr Wants answers 2

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages