Why do Atheists spend all of their ti...

Why do Atheists spend all of their time thinking about Christians?

Posted in the West Plains Forum

Moses

United States

#1 Apr 2, 2013
Tell me
Beth

West Plains, MO

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Maybe because Christians have zero common courtesy and assume everyone wants to hear thier views on the fairy tale they believe in.
Moses

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Beth wrote:
Maybe because Christians have zero common courtesy and assume everyone wants to hear thier views on the fairy tale they believe in.
So that's why you spend all day thinking of them?
lolol

Hollister, MO

#4 Apr 2, 2013
well I'm an atheist and I dont think about christians all the time. Mostly just family work bills and other normal day to day things
Satan

United States

#5 Apr 2, 2013
lolol wrote:
well I'm an atheist and I dont think about christians all the time. Mostly just family work bills and other normal day to day things
That's ok. Enjoy life. You'll have plenty of time to think about Jesus when you're burning in hell with me.
grave digger

Lampe, MO

#6 Apr 2, 2013
Beth wrote:
Maybe because Christians have zero common courtesy and assume everyone wants to hear thier views on the fairy tale they believe in.
you didnt answer the question,,,the question is why,,,not what you think,,,so sense you cant answer a simple question,,,then the grave digger will answer it for all atheist,,,we have the material atheist,,,they dont have nothing solid like GOD to beleive in so they beleive in money,,,and money comes and money goes but GOD stays,,,and money you have to work for,,,you work a whole week you get a whole paycheck,,,you work a half a week you get half a paycheck,,,but with GOD,,,you get the full week + benefits 24/7/365,,,then you have the bully atheist,,,they beleive in self inflicted sorrow,,,otherwords,,,feel sorry for themselves and attack christians because christians turn the other cheek and forgive,,,then you have the scared atheist,,,they fight with christians so the christians will pray for their souls,,,then of course,,,you have the possessed atheist,,,or what the grave digger likes to call this kind,,,drinkers,,,boozers,,,dr unks,,,lushes,,,this kind likes to lose against christians cuz they always end up passing out,,,then we have the deep thinking prideful atheist,,,they cant admit defeat against a christian because they were spoiled kids when growing up and sore loser types,,,we all know and knew kids like this,,,then we have the tape recorder atheist,,,this kind repeats false facts called theories because this is all they got for proof,,,then we have the pissed off at GOD atheist,,,who their name says it all,,,they are mad at GOD and are just looking through their fighting with christians for answers to their problems,,,and then we have the teenage atheist,,,enough said,,,teenager know it alls of knowing nothing,,,then we have the turn-a-round atheist,,,this kind flip flops around so much they make the grave digger scratch the grave diggers head,,,this should about cover it,,,your welcome beth,,,ha haa haaa
Great Atheist

Sparta, MO

#7 Apr 2, 2013
Grave Digger, you have no idea what you are talking about. You're all steriotyping all Atheists...just like some Atheists stereotype your Christians. I believe all Gods are fairy tales. I believe all Gods like Vishnu, Ala, GOD, Zeus, Odin, Thor, Kali, and all the other hundreds of false gods out there I reject. We don't just slam your fake god. Christians are annoying, I will say they don't notice that they ignore their own Jesus and God. They don't read their bibles correctly nor do they understand them. Yes, when I was a child I had to put up with the cult religion.

There are literally thousands of religions being practiced today. Here are 20 of the most popular, along with an estimate of the number of followers:
1.Christianity: 2.1 billion
2.Islam: 1.3 billion
3.Hinduism: 900 million
4.Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
5.Buddhism: 376 million
6.African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
7.Sikhism: 23 million
8.Juche: 19 million
9.Spiritism: 15 million
10.Judaism: 14 million
11.Baha'i: 7 million
12.Jainism: 4.2 million
13.Shinto: 4 million
14.Cao Dai: 4 million
15.Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
16.Tenrikyo: 2 million
17.Neo-Paganism: 1 million
18.Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
19.Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
20.Scientology: 500 thousand
[Source: Encyclopedia Britannica]
If you believe in God, you have chosen to reject Allah, Vishnu, Budda, Waheguru and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today. It is quite likely that you rejected these other gods without ever looking into their religions or reading their books. You simply absorbed the dominant faith in your home or in the society you grew up in.

In the same way, the followers of all these other religions have chosen to reject God. You think their gods are imaginary, and they think your God is imaginary.

In other words, each religious person on earth today arbitrarily rejects thousands of gods as imaginary, many of which he/she has never even heard of, and arbitrarily chooses to "believe" in one of them.

The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
A rational person rejects all human gods equally, because all of them are equally imaginary. How do we know that they are imaginary? Simply imagine that one of them is real. If one of these thousands of gods were actually real, then his followers would be experiencing real, undeniable benefits. These benefits would be obvious to everyone. The followers of a true god would pray, and their prayers would be answered. The followers of a true god would therefore live longer, have fewer diseases, have lots more money, etc. There would be thousands of statistical markers surrounding the followers of a true god.

Everyone would notice all of these benefits, and they would gravitate toward this true god. And thus, over the course of several centuries, everyone would be aligned on the one true god. All the other false gods would have fallen by the wayside long ago, and there would be only one religion under the one true god.

When we look at our world today, we see nothing like that. There are two billion Christians AND there are more than one billion Muslims, and their religions are mutually exclusive. There are thousands of other religions. When you analyse any of them, they all show a remarkable similarity -- there is zero evidence that any of these gods exist. That is how we know that they are all imaginary
Great Atheist

Sparta, MO

#8 Apr 2, 2013
Notice that you all ignore your GOD.Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:

Matthew 6:19
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 14:33 Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money. Matthew 19:21-24 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:28-29 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. Luke 9:23-25 Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? Matt 13: 22 The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Phil 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Acts 2:44-45 All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. The message is clear. If you want to follow Jesus, you need to "sell your possessions and give to the poor." It is a very simple message, and easy to do. Have you done it? The fact that you are reading this page would indicate that you have not. Chances are you own a computer, pay for an Internet connection every month, live in a home or apartment, have a car, etc. In other words, you live a life at a level of wealth unimaginable in Jesus' time. Meanwhile, billions of people on the planet live in startling, abject poverty.
Why don't you sell everything and follow Jesus, as he requests in the Bible? The reason is simple: Jesus and God are imaginary, and you know it. If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.
grave digger

Lampe, MO

#9 Apr 3, 2013
Great Atheist wrote:
Grave Digger, you have no idea what you are talking about. You're all steriotyping all Atheists...just like some Atheists stereotype your Christians. I believe all Gods are fairy tales. I believe all Gods like Vishnu, Ala, GOD, Zeus, Odin, Thor, Kali, and all the other hundreds of false gods out there I reject. We don't just slam your fake god. Christians are annoying, I will say they don't notice that they ignore their own Jesus and God. They don't read their bibles correctly nor do they understand them. Yes, when I was a child I had to put up with the cult religion.
There are literally thousands of religions being practiced today. Here are 20 of the most popular, along with an estimate of the number of followers:
1.Christianity: 2.1 billion
2.Islam: 1.3 billion
3.Hinduism: 900 million
4.Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
5.Buddhism: 376 million
6.African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
7.Sikhism: 23 million
8.Juche: 19 million
9.Spiritism: 15 million
10.Judaism: 14 million
11.Baha'i: 7 million
12.Jainism: 4.2 million
13.Shinto: 4 million
14.Cao Dai: 4 million
15.Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
16.Tenrikyo: 2 million
17.Neo-Paganism: 1 million
18.Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
19.Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
20.Scientology: 500 thousand
[Source: Encyclopedia Britannica]
If you believe in God, you have chosen to reject Allah, Vishnu, Budda, Waheguru and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today. It is quite likely that you rejected these other gods without ever looking into their religions or reading their books. You simply absorbed the dominant faith in your home or in the society you grew up in.
In the same way, the followers of all these other religions have chosen to reject God. You think their gods are imaginary, and they think your God is imaginary.
In other words, each religious person on earth today arbitrarily rejects thousands of gods as imaginary, many of which he/she has never even heard of, and arbitrarily chooses to "believe" in one of them.
The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
A rational person rejects all human gods equally, because all of them are equally imaginary. How do we know that they are imaginary? Simply imagine that one of them is real. If one of these thousands of gods were actually real, then his followers would be experiencing real, undeniable benefits. These benefits would be obvious to everyone. The followers of a true god would pray, and their prayers would be answered. The followers of a true god would therefore live longer, have fewer diseases, have lots more money, etc. There would be thousands of statistical markers surrounding the followers of a true god.
Everyone would notice all of these benefits, and they would gravitate toward this true god. And thus, over the course of several centuries, everyone would be aligned on the one true god. All the other false gods would have fallen by the wayside long ago, and there would be only one religion under the one true god.
When we look at our world today, we see nothing like that. There are two billion Christians AND there are more than one billion Muslims, and their religions are mutually exclusive. There are thousands of other religions. When you analyse any of them, they all show a remarkable similarity -- there is zero evidence that any of these gods exist. That is how we know that they are all imaginary
your numbers are wrong,,,there is 7 billion people and your numbers are wrong,,,cuz if you take all those listed religions of yours and break down the diffrent names but of the worship of the same one GOD,,,your numbers are wrong,,,plus the fact that all the un documented people in this world,,,and you cant count their beleifs at all,,,
grave digger

Lampe, MO

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Great Atheist wrote:
Notice that you all ignore your GOD.Jesus made a number of very clear statements about money and wealth in the Bible. For example:
Matthew 6:19
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 14:33 Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Money. Matthew 19:21-24 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:28-29 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. Luke 9:23-25 Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? Matt 13: 22 The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Phil 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Acts 2:44-45 All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. The message is clear. If you want to follow Jesus, you need to "sell your possessions and give to the poor." It is a very simple message, and easy to do. Have you done it? The fact that you are reading this page would indicate that you have not. Chances are you own a computer, pay for an Internet connection every month, live in a home or apartment, have a car, etc. In other words, you live a life at a level of wealth unimaginable in Jesus' time. Meanwhile, billions of people on the planet live in startling, abject poverty.
Why don't you sell everything and follow Jesus, as he requests in the Bible? The reason is simple: Jesus and God are imaginary, and you know it. If Jesus were real, you would do what he says.
you claim to be an atheist but just gave yourself a bible lesson,,,lets re-name your topix name to the great confused atheist,,,cuz the spirit of the Lord works in ways nobody knows,,,
Satan

United States

#12 Apr 3, 2013
olivetree wrote:
<quoted text>well maybe they are not really a athiest. But lost children along the way.because when 2 or more gather in the lords name is considered church.its the people.not the building. And we my friend are talking about god.if i had i church you would be the kind of person who i would want to come.jesus came for the sinners.not ones who are perfect.and all you had to do was ask a question.
All are sinners. No one is perfect. You're right on the other part. Jesus came for sinners. Everyone is a sinner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Plains Graduates who have passed away (Oct '12) 2 hr Knew her 39
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Trump OWNED Gore 107,570
Bethany Drake.. 6 hr Jacs 1
Obama dont like white people 12 hr dump trump 2
Mindy Murphy 18 hr stayaway 4
threesomes or more 18 hr GG Top 3
Walmart Wed MeetMrsDick 12

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages