First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Morey

West Plains, MO

#1 Feb 18, 2013
Hey I just tried the Donut palace. There was a girl in there that could not speak English. She could not figure out the kind of doughnut I was asking her for. She also shorted me one and charged me for it. I didn't figure it out until one of my kids didn't have a doughnut. I will never go in there again. Also their doughnuts are just okay and a little on the small size. Back to Caseys for me.
This girl should stock shelves at Walmart or something where she does not have to ask questions. They have sure lost my business.
sam walton

Overland Park, KS

#2 Feb 18, 2013
Morey wrote:
Hey I just tried the Donut palace. There was a girl in there that could not speak English. She could not figure out the kind of doughnut I was asking her for. She also shorted me one and charged me for it. I didn't figure it out until one of my kids didn't have a doughnut. I will never go in there again. Also their doughnuts are just okay and a little on the small size. Back to Caseys for me.
This girl should stock shelves at Walmart or something where she does not have to ask questions. They have sure lost my business.
Wow kinda racist huh
Judge

West Plains, MO

#3 Feb 18, 2013
Wow. What an idiot. I have never had problems there, and the food is GREAT.
Jerry Seinsmeld

Sparta, MO

#4 Feb 18, 2013
New management now. I've heard the quality of the donuts are suffering and the workers are incompetent.
Morey

West Plains, MO

#5 Feb 19, 2013
sam walton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow kinda racist huh
No Sam I am not racist. If you are going to work with people behind a counter you need to be able to understand a maple doughnut from a vanilla one. You also need to be able to count which this poor lady could not. I think she should have a job by one that matches her skill level. Get off your high horse or be knocked down.
sad

West Plains, MO

#6 Feb 19, 2013
I have noticed that the doughnuts have started lacking in quality too. Their breakfast sandwiches went from being the best in town to not worth the money and effort to choke it down. I don't know how a bag of a dozen doughnut holes equals 8 instead of 12 now either. It's back to Casey's and Hardee's for me. I was really excited about this place but it is going downhill fast under the new ownership.
Sad

United States

#7 Feb 19, 2013
I liked them. Too bad
go on diet

Forsyth, MO

#8 Feb 20, 2013
go on diet/this food is bad for you/your just mad you had to pay for a quality doughnut/more for me then! chinesse hatin mofos
horse

Stockton, MO

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Morey wrote:
<quoted text>No Sam I am not racist. If you are going to work with people behind a counter you need to be able to understand a maple doughnut from a vanilla one. You also need to be able to count which this poor lady could not. I think she should have a job by one that matches her skill level. Get off your high horse or be knocked down.
Then why mention race and Walmart
Don

Ava, MO

#10 Feb 20, 2013
sad wrote:
I have noticed that the doughnuts have started lacking in quality too. Their breakfast sandwiches went from being the best in town to not worth the money and effort to choke it down. I don't know how a bag of a dozen doughnut holes equals 8 instead of 12 now either. It's back to Casey's and Hardee's for me. I was really excited about this place but it is going downhill fast under the new ownership.
Now wait a second this place has been open for business for all of about 20 minutes and your telling me after building the business literally from dirt and the ground up that it's already been sold and has new ownership?? how the hell has it been sold if after less than a few months go by and you have now clue how well it will or wont do???
roesy

United States

#11 Feb 20, 2013
The folks from Texas go town to town building donut shops from the ground up setting them up and then selling the store. It's that easy!
sad

West Plains, MO

#12 Feb 20, 2013
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Now wait a second this place has been open for business for all of about 20 minutes and your telling me after building the business literally from dirt and the ground up that it's already been sold and has new ownership?? how the hell has it been sold if after less than a few months go by and you have now clue how well it will or wont do???
Ummm, before jumping all over me maybe you should have done some research. Yes, it was in fact sold and has new ownership. Google it and you will see that the Donut Palace's are built all over the US for the sole purpose of selling them ASAP. I would assume there is either tax advantages to doing this or a way to make a quick buck and move on.
No I don't have any clue how well it will do now. I just know that I no longer am interested in going there, many friends/family/clients feel the same way, and this morning when I drove down Broadway at 7:45 there wasn't a car in the parking lot or drive thru when it is usually packed at that time.
Sir John Smellington

Ava, MO

#13 Feb 20, 2013
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, before jumping all over me maybe you should have done some research. Yes, it was in fact sold and has new ownership. Google it and you will see that the Donut Palace's are built all over the US for the sole purpose of selling them ASAP. I would assume there is either tax advantages to doing this or a way to make a quick buck and move on.
No I don't have any clue how well it will do now. I just know that I no longer am interested in going there, many friends/family/clients feel the same way, and this morning when I drove down Broadway at 7:45 there wasn't a car in the parking lot or drive thru when it is usually packed at that time.
I am saddened by this news. I was told time and time again that the donuts were superb and now the business has changed ownership and is going down faster than the Titanic with Rosie O'Donnell on board (adding a massive amount of weight). Now we are back to square one again.
sammy

West Plains, MO

#14 Feb 20, 2013
horse wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why mention race and Walmart
Look horses arse I don't owe you anything. I happen to be married to a man that is not white. This lady could not even count or speak English at all. I want you to go in there tomorrow and try her out.
Captivating

West Plains, MO

#15 Feb 20, 2013
You are a littlecunt, you do realize this? All you had to do is say You are missing a doughnut and some change, but you had to start your crap here. That girl does her best and earns her pay, something you should try for once. Now be a good little child and watch sports center with the other 4 year olds until you can be a big boy and show some respect for the working people.
paleeez

United States

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Captivating wrote:
You are a littlecunt, you do realize this? All you had to do is say You are missing a doughnut and some change, but you had to start your crap here. That girl does her best and earns her pay, something you should try for once. Now be a good little child and watch sports center with the other 4 year olds until you can be a big boy and show some respect for the working people.
Sounds like you may be the new owner. I was pulling out of discount the other morning and a white box truck came hauling as out from the back door of this donut place. Driving it was a Saudi looking guy all tattooed, and shiny earrings shining, cap all cocked sideways,,,passenger was also a Saudi looking guy and was going through something in a white,cloth like bag,both looking around all paranoid like. The driver saw me watching,waiting for them to pull out, said something to the passenger and the passenger jerked that white bag down out of sight real quick glared at me like I was suppose to be scarred,then pulled out so fast tires squalled and I thought they was gonna flip the damn truck. I have to admit I was scared when they set glaring at me, them jerked that bag down so quick and gave me that look like I should be scared. I will NEVER go in that place after that. Something was going on that wasn't legal!
Captivating

Ozark, MO

#17 Feb 21, 2013
I am not the owner, but a new order for this town. Times are changing and there will be no return to the old ways. Cheers.
Really

Springfield, MO

#18 Feb 21, 2013
doughnuts make you fat. Truth. Don't matter if there good or bad,they still make you fat. Yep you heard it here first.

Really says you're welcome.
hot donuts

Kearny, NJ

#19 Feb 21, 2013
Captivating wrote:
I am not the owner, but a new order for this town. Times are changing and there will be no return to the old ways. Cheers.
everyone knows the margins of the donut business are in the holes. the holes don't exist, so they can't be taxed! the smits have formed a special CID district directed by their wives, brothers, sisters, cousins, kids, family dogs and they are going to slap a special CID tax on all donut holes, pizza and china buffets, taco mystery meat, chicken frying oil, and hot dogs.
jane

Ava, MO

#20 Feb 21, 2013
Morey wrote:
I was there yesterday and the same girl slammed the drive through window shut before I got my order done, then she got my order wrong. They will lose alot of business like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 97,744
j&c auto sales Broadway (Aug '12) 33 min Alex 14
Does anyone have any information on Cliff's Kar... 1 hr civic duty 4
Retards Are Running This Country 1 hr Annie 19
lane baugh 2 hr curious 6
Tea Party Fraud 3 hr tim 10
OzNet is a fraud 6 hr Concerned citizen 5
West Plains Dating
Find my Match

West Plains Jobs

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info