Schroeder properties and Sam the scam...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cory

Branson, MO

#21 Jun 26, 2013
confused wrote:
I hope this lawyer is doing the work for free. There is the problem of your mom not having a signed lease. I would bet your lease says something about not allowing others to live in the residence without prior approval, not to sublet... blah blah blah. So it will be you & your mom's word against Sam and Co. about the new lease deal even with the letter from Sam. They can and probably will say that your mom never requested the lease or wouldn't sign a new lease. Then of course there is the problem of breaking the lease. They could easily say it took a month to rent the place so you/your mother owe a months rent. At any rate... you could have taken care of this yourself. It's a civil court case. You simply fill out a one page form, pay $75 for filing & serving, and show up at the court date you are given.
Out of curiosity .... what was the date that your original lease was to end? And how long has your mother been living alone in the rental?
The lease I had was month to month and she had lived there for a few months until she lost her job. So that was more than enough time for GARY to drive from his home 2 trailers down by the way and hand her a lease.
grave digger

Sparta, MO

#22 Jun 26, 2013
Cory wrote:
My mother was right there with me when I signed the lease along with Gary so it was well known she was going to be living in the trailer. The lease I signed which I have a copy of with only MY signature was for a month to month. I had moved out and we contacted sam in which HE sent my mother the letter stating she could live there and I let the deposit ride for my mother. Again she lost her job and instead of being a scumbag person that could have rode out and eviction she found a cheaper place and gave him notice. She was unaware of a 30 day notice as she didnt have a lease that was supposed to be brought to her by GARY. I just dont see the merit in screwing over a 60 year old woman that was a good tenant and was even thanked by GARY about how clean she left the place. ALSO in the lease I have in MY name it states "in 30 days you will receive your deposit or a written letter stating why you wont get it back" She never received anything. I understand business is business but this is just a sham to scam money from an elderly woman and I wont stand for it. Yes we have a lawyer doing this for the sum of 0$ We got along with our neighbors and never caused a problem to have this happen to us, especially her which she does not deserve.
you dont have to defend yourself to anyone,,,the whole town knows how these people are,,,and alot more people from this area,,,just wait until they die ans steal their headstone and put up a sign that says,,,please let your dog shit here,,,ha haa haaa,,,
confused

Branson, MO

#23 Jun 26, 2013
Cory wrote:
My mother was right there with me when I signed the lease along with Gary so it was well known she was going to be living in the trailer. The lease I signed which I have a copy of with only MY signature was for a month to month. I had moved out and we contacted sam in which HE sent my mother the letter stating she could live there and I let the deposit ride for my mother. Again she lost her job and instead of being a scumbag person that could have rode out and eviction she found a cheaper place and gave him notice. She was unaware of a 30 day notice as she didnt have a lease that was supposed to be brought to her by GARY. I just dont see the merit in screwing over a 60 year old woman that was a good tenant and was even thanked by GARY about how clean she left the place. ALSO in the lease I have in MY name it states "in 30 days you will receive your deposit or a written letter stating why you wont get it back" She never received anything. I understand business is business but this is just a sham to scam money from an elderly woman and I wont stand for it. Yes we have a lawyer doing this for the sum of 0$ We got along with our neighbors and never caused a problem to have this happen to us, especially her which she does not deserve.
I am glad you have an attorney handling this for you for free. Honestly I think you have a good case that may have been disregarded by the judge if you didn't have an attorney. The entire situation is complicated and you have as compelling of a case as Sam would be able to come up with. The lease being month to month probably just saved you!! You know in many states along the east coast a landlord has to pay 2x the amount of the deposit if they don't provide an itemized letter within 30 days explaining why they are keeping your deposit... even if they only kept $50 of your deposit and returned the rest with no explanation. It should be that way everywhere. Good luck to you and your elderly, honest, mother.

I usually never agree with Gravedigger but he had an excellent point... if they are receiving state funds and not returning deposits (aka taxpayer dollars) maybe someone should check into that. Kudos Mr Gravedigger !!
Mbg

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Sep 26, 2015
Cory wrote:
Know I am a little late and this may not help, but I've got dirt dating back to the early 70's on this ass hat. I worked with Mona (his mom) for about a year to try and help her rescue the business from this idiot. I her own words Mona told me he was a greedy person and it made her very sad that he was her son.
Bobby Gray

Ozark, MO

#25 Dec 16, 2015
My mom used to rent from Sam back a few years ago. And I lived there myself also. Sam is nothing but a slum landlord. Gary accused me and my mom of messing the place apart. I know one thing if I ever see Gary again by himself I probably would end up beating his face in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pepe the Frog 33 min miss piggy 1
Trump in bed with Castro, FL likely to go to Cl... 1 hr tim 1
Trump swindled Piano Manufacturer. 1 hr tim 1
Trump has been sued by over 3500 different cont... 1 hr tim 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 106,310
Trump won debate. 2 hr tim 25
Hillary wants to tax estates 65% 3 hr grave digger 6

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages