Loss prevention people at WalMart
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
grave digger

Reeds Spring, MO

#82 Jun 8, 2013
Lp manager wrote:
I'm actually a an lp manager at a major competitor of Walmart. Loss at retail stores is so unbelievably complicated most of the tiny minds on here can't understand it.. Some get it but most don't. I only ever hit the floor to watch someone if they've already done something sketchy. And even more I know my store so well that I promise you will not see me until I run up behind you and apprehend you for stealing whatever it is you stole
the grave digger promise is if the grave digger wants to steal from your store the grave digger will and when you come up from behind the grave digger in a run motion the grave diggers judo training will kick in and judo throw you 25 ft then step over your body when leaving the store,,,punk,,,,ha haa haaa
j freezy

Alexandria, VA

#83 Aug 6, 2013
NoThanks wrote:
Good idea, Dept92. The next time I go and notice this idiot I will take your advice. Hopefully, I will be asked to stop, and I will refuse and then possibly I will get dogpiled or unlawfully blocked from my car or unlawfully held in the store and then I will head straight to the lawyer! Great idea. Thanks!
Most states have under the shoplifting statute a provision for concealment. Pretty much it says that if you conceal an item in the store, that's the same offense as shoplifting. I am an Asset Protection Agent for a large retailer. I generally don't like to apprehend persons for shoplifting, but for concealment, and I had someone try that "I was just messing with you, I knew you were watching me" bullshit. I still pressed charges because they were a dumb ass. Oh yea....they got convicted and sentenced to 30 days (with no criminal history). So if you were to do this, just know that concealment is the same as shoplifting in most states.
Really

Ozark, MO

#84 Aug 7, 2013
DEPT92 wrote:
Truth, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. There's only two that work there and neither match any of your descriptions.
truth does know what they r talking about cause I know the younger kid his name is Steven Brinkley and he follows me every time I come in there. When he is looking at something and walks off i go grab it an hand it to him. He gets mad and walks off.
grave digger

Ava, MO

#85 Aug 7, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text> truth does know what they r talking about cause I know the younger kid his name is Steven Brinkley and he follows me every time I come in there. When he is looking at something and walks off i go grab it an hand it to him. He gets mad and walks off.
lets lock him in a closet in the back of the store after we tazer him,,,then throw a bunch of cocain and refer pot all over him then call the police after we give a poor 6 yr old kid 20 bucks to say he tried to touch him and lure him into that closet,,,then snap pictures of the snow covered beard of cocain all over his face and when the police are walking his confused tazerds butt out the store,,,then put on youtube,,,or keep handing him things cuz thats funny,,,let the punk know you know you know you knows he knows it what you know,,,,ha haa haaa,,,,
blue

Santa Ana, CA

#88 Aug 13, 2015
DEPT92 wrote:
LOL you people will bitch about anything. The dudes job is to make sure people don't steal from the store. He's trained to pick out key items or certain things a person brings into the store (ex. Women with large purses, baggy cloths that would be easy to conceal things in, backpacks...) if you weren't doing anything wrong, what's the problem? Just go about your business and let him do his job. Also, how would they not have the right to stare at you? In a public place? Come on now...also, I'm pretty sure that you walking out if you happen to see them looking at you, isn't going to hurt Walmarts bottom line at all..just try and have some fun with it. Just walk around OBVIOUSLY concealing high ticket items or just whatever you came to shop for, and acting all shady, and then after you're satisfied that you've wasted enough of their time or you are done shopping. Walk up to them and hand them all the items and give them a little wink, it go pay for your stuff. Either way you've wasted their time and possibly belittled them because they will know you've just been fucking with them..people need to learn to lighten up.
Its makes u feel uncomfortable I agree with her they are pervs
Whocares

United States

#89 Aug 19, 2016
NoThanks wrote:
Good idea, Dept92. The next time I go and notice this idiot I will take your advice. Hopefully, I will be asked to stop, and I will refuse and then possibly I will get dogpiled or unlawfully blocked from my car or unlawfully held in the store and then I will head straight to the lawyer! Great idea. Thanks!
Hopefully you did not follow his advice. Concealing in many states is a crime itself. Theres nothing to prevent the asset protection associate from calling the police as soon as you conceal for back up. Once the police come you may be charged for criminal mischief and possibly damaging the merchandise if the packaging gets damaged.
BlueFlamingo

Ozark, MO

#90 Aug 21, 2016
Former wm employee wrote:
I worked for Walmart for 15 yrs. The LP person is there to help to cut down on theft. Thousands of dollars are taken from the store every year. 90% of the time it's from those who have the money to pay for the items. I personally sat in many times when the police officer asked the shoplifter to empty their wallet & 90% of the time they had above & beyond what they needed to pay for the item. The public will gripe & complain about prices going up at Walmart, but as you all know, some of that is to compensate for theft. No one likes to be spied on, but it's part of their job. Unfortunately one bad apple spoils the bunch.
Do you know how many Walton's are on the TOP 40 Billionaires list? But oh gee someone stole a can of spam!!!! You work hard all your life at the place and get where? How do you like that the Waltons gets richer and richer off of your back. How.much money does one person really need? You can work hard all day but you will still struggle.
FlughE

Ozark, MO

#91 Aug 21, 2016
Whocares wrote:
<quoted text>

Hopefully you did not follow his advice. Concealing in many states is a crime itself. Theres nothing to prevent the asset protection associate from calling the police as soon as you conceal for back up. Once the police come you may be charged for criminal mischief and possibly damaging the merchandise if the packaging gets damaged.
Lighten up. What a fascist Nazi, you are. You act like you will get a Walmart medal of honor of something. You are just a.minion of the Walton billionaires. You are an ant.
Mr me

United States

#92 Thursday May 11
DEPT92 wrote:
LOL you people will bitch about anything. The dudes job is to make sure people don't steal from the store. He's trained to pick out key items or certain things a person brings into the store (ex. Women with large purses, baggy cloths that would be easy to conceal things in, backpacks...) if you weren't doing anything wrong, what's the problem? Just go about your business and let him do his job. Also, how would they not have the right to stare at you? In a public place? Come on now...also, I'm pretty sure that you walking out if you happen to see them looking at you, isn't going to hurt Walmarts bottom line at all..just try and have some fun with it. Just walk around OBVIOUSLY concealing high ticket items or just whatever you came to shop for, and acting all shady, and then after you're satisfied that you've wasted enough of their time or you are done shopping. Walk up to them and hand them all the items and give them a little wink, it go pay for your stuff. Either way you've wasted their time and possibly belittled them because they will know you've just been fucking with them..people need to learn to lighten up.
I shall spend my money where I feel comfortable...I don't need watched I'm not a theif..I'm an honest law abiding citizen and I find it very offensive that people as myself are treated in such a manner..they may as well have armed guards standing in each aisle telling you how long you have to shop there.the last couple of wal hell visits I have had a woman stand right behind me at the self check out and watch me pay for my items and procede out of the building that to me is a big sign of disrespect and I'm sure that there is many that feel the same...so please take some time and look past your ignorant ways and understand the customer makes any company strive or go out of business...company's choice...I'm done good day to you sir.
Sure

Ozark, MO

#93 Friday May 12
BlueFlamingo wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know how many Walton's are on the TOP 40 Billionaires list? But oh gee someone stole a can of spam!!!! You work hard all your life at the place and get where? How do you like that the Waltons gets richer and richer off of your back. How.much money does one person really need? You can work hard all day but you will still struggle.
Stealing is against the law, PERIOD! It doesn't say it's OK if the person being robbed is rich!!!! Rich homes are robbed everyday, and the criminal STILL goes to jail!
hate thieves

Ozark, MO

#94 Friday May 12
The only thing I hate more than a liar, is a thief. If you behave yourself and no one would bother you in the first place. I wonder how loud thieves would complain if their personal items (purse, wallet, etc) were stolen while they were busy shoplifting? Interesting thought. It's quite alright to steal, but not alright to be robbed. What goes around, comes around. Personally, I really don't care if someone follows me around Walmart, because I'm not doing anything wrong. They get paid to do this. I would LOVE that job! The only ones b^&*ing are the ones who are being forced to be honest, and they hate it.
SuperiorEuropeni s

Ozark, MO

#95 Friday May 12
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>

Stealing is against the law, PERIOD! It doesn't say it's OK if the person being robbed is rich!!!! Rich homes are robbed everyday, and the criminal STILL goes to jail!
Not.paying a man a decent.wage while.one sits on top.of.a.billion dollars is pretty.much slavery and against biblical.law. Actually, in,.it is.just modern day slavery. You seem.like to type who would eat a turf if your boss told.you to so I'm sure you will have a hard time.com prehending what I wrote. What is it.with people.in this area accepting poor cinditiins and treatment?
SuperiorEuropeni s

Ozark, MO

#96 Friday May 12
hate thieves wrote:
The only thing I hate more than a liar, is a thief. If you behave yourself and no one would bother you in the first place. I wonder how loud thieves would complain if their personal items (purse, wallet, etc) were stolen while they were busy shoplifting? Interesting thought. It's quite alright to steal, but not alright to be robbed. What goes around, comes around. Personally, I really don't care if someone follows me around Walmart, because I'm not doing anything wrong. They get paid to do this. I would LOVE that job! The only ones b^&*ing are the ones who are being forced to be honest, and they hate it.
I hate murderers, child rapists and rapists the most. I love being followed because I know a poor.mom is stealing a can of.formuLolfor baby and.getting away with it on the other side. Lol

Since: Mar 16

Location hidden

#97 Friday May 12
SuperiorEuropenis wrote:
<quoted text>

Not.paying a man a decent.wage while.one sits on top.of.a.billion dollars is pretty.much slavery and against biblical.law. Actually, in,.it is.just modern day slavery. You seem.like to type who would eat a turf if your boss told.you to so I'm sure you will have a hard time.com prehending what I wrote. What is it.with people.in this area accepting poor cinditiins and treatment?
1) Who decides what is a "decent wage" for mostly unskilled labor? National minimum wage is $7.25. Missouri minimum wage is $7.70 and $8.25 in St. Louis. Do you know what Walmart's STARTING wage is? Currently, if you start working for Walmart today, from day one you will get $9.00 (or $9.50 if working third shift) PLUS annual pay increases. Also, Walmart uses a tiered system in which positions of greater skill and responsibility garner higher and higher pay rates. Bottom line: The "Walmart doesn't pay a decent wage" strawman has been beat to death and has become trite.

2) slave n.\&#712;sl&#257;v\
Meaning:
1: a person held in servitude as the chattel of another
2: one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence
You devalue a word by using it in a non-genuine and over-exaggerated manner. Even worse, you demean the people who are currently the true victims of modern day slavery. There are an estimated 21 million victims trapped in slavery as of 2014 estimates. Not a single one of those human beings are a "slave" due to choosing employment with Walmart.

3) Since you mentioned the Word of God: Matthew 7:20 states, "Therefore by their fruits you will know them." By the fruits of what you have written, I do not think you are a credible source of Biblical knowledge and "law."

4) I'm afraid the only reason anyone would have "a hard time comprehending" what you have written is because of the haphazard way in which you write: Excessive punctuation where it is not needed, missing punctuation where it IS needed, poor sentence structure, improper capitalization, misspelled words, and a generally disorganized method of expression.
SuperiorEuropeni s

Ozark, MO

#98 Friday May 12
West Plains Native wrote:
<quoted text>

1) Who decides what is a "decent wage" for mostly unskilled labor? National minimum wage is $7.25. Missouri minimum wage is $7.70 and $8.25 in St. Louis. Do you know what Walmart's STARTING wage is? Currently, if you start working for Walmart today, from day one you will get $9.00 (or $9.50 if working third shift) PLUS annual pay increases. Also, Walmart uses a tiered system in which positions of greater skill and responsibility garner higher and higher pay rates. Bottom line: The "Walmart doesn't pay a decent wage" strawman has been beat to death and has become trite.

2) slave n.\&#712;sl&#257;v\
Meaning:
1: a person held in servitude as the chattel of another
2: one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence
You devalue a word by using it in a non-genuine and over-exaggerated manner. Even worse, you demean the people who are currently the true victims of modern day slavery. There are an estimated 21 million victims trapped in slavery as of 2014 estimates. Not a single one of those human beings are a "slave" due to choosing employment with Walmart.

3) Since you mentioned the Word of God: Matthew 7:20 states, "Therefore by their fruits you will know them." By the fruits of what you have written, I do not think you are a credible source of Biblical knowledge and "law."

4) I'm afraid the only reason anyone would have "a hard time comprehending" what you have written is because of the haphazard way in which you write: Excessive punctuation where it is not needed, missing punctuation where it IS needed, poor sentence structure, improper capitalization, misspelled words, and a generally disorganized method of expression.
Too long.Didn't read.

Since: Mar 16

Location hidden

#99 Friday May 12
SuperiorEuropenis wrote:
<quoted text>

Too long.Didn't read.
Doesn't surprise me, because you really don't care about people or slavery - you just like being a troll.
SuperiorEuropeni s

Ozark, MO

#100 Friday May 12
<quoted text>

Doesn't surprise me, because you really don't care about people or slavery - you just like being a troll.
Yes. It is a lot of fun. I think Walmart should.hire loss prevention people to watch loss prevention people. After all who is to say they Dont steal?
Local Guy

Ozark, MO

#101 Friday May 12
<quoted text>

Amen, Brother! Couldn't have said it better!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 min GOPee BLOODBATH 109,826
Commander in Chief 8 min GOPee BLOODBATH 25
embarrassed 10 min GOPee BLOODBATH 51
breaking news! 29 min grave digger 3
paulryan 41 min dingo 2
800 billion 42 min dingo 2
come on midterms 2018 43 min Moon Raker 1

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages