Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Conservative

Ava, MO

#1 Dec 15, 2012
I don't get on here much but I did to see if anyone had anything to say about the tragedy of yesterday with 20 little babies gunned down.
Not one post. I can't believe this town. Posts about where to get weed, posts about who is doing who? Exotic dancers and so on and so forth. What kind of town is this? My prayers go out to the families who have to endure such tragedy and yet not one post relating to such horrific news. What a shame to live in a town without heart.
Conservative my butt

West Plains, MO

#2 Dec 15, 2012
Maybe the people in this town that truly care about these families are spending their time praying for them and not wasting their time on topix like you and me. Come on conservative whoever you are. Admit it. You're no better than me or anyone else on this site. Enough with your phony righteous act.
Caring citizen

Ozark, MO

#3 Dec 15, 2012
We're all still shocked and silently grieving :(
whatever

Sparta, MO

#4 Dec 15, 2012
Why would anyone want to memorialize the victims of this tragedy on a site that is so disrespectful? Seriously, Conservative, you really expected that?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Conservative wrote:
I don't get on here much but I did to see if anyone had anything to say about the tragedy of yesterday with 20 little babies gunned down.
Not one post. I can't believe this town. Posts about where to get weed, posts about who is doing who? Exotic dancers and so on and so forth. What kind of town is this? My prayers go out to the families who have to endure such tragedy and yet not one post relating to such horrific news. What a shame to live in a town without heart.
You are so right wp ;( no compassion
Conservative

Ava, MO

#6 Dec 15, 2012
OMG.. What hypocritical people. When someone in this town dies it's all over topix and people have a say or even pray. I don't get on here hardly at all. Just wondering if anyone in this town had a kind word or showed some sympathy. Guess not so and I post something and get reemed out about it.
Well F.U. all. I'll say my own prayers and also a prayer for all of you hoping such tragedy doesn't hit too close to your homes. Wish you all the best these holidays and pray for you.
Norton

Forsyth, MO

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Conservative wrote:
OMG.. What hypocritical people. When someone in this town dies it's all over topix and people have a say or even pray. I don't get on here hardly at all. Just wondering if anyone in this town had a kind word or showed some sympathy. Guess not so and I post something and get reemed out about it.
Well F.U. all. I'll say my own prayers and also a prayer for all of you hoping such tragedy doesn't hit too close to your homes. Wish you all the best these holidays and pray for you.
I didn't want to post and have some troll turn it into an attention manuever for themselves.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 15, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't want to post and have some troll turn it into an attention manuever for themselves.
Lets jus not Dispute over this and pray and respect the victims
Joby

West Plains, MO

#9 Dec 15, 2012
Conservative wrote:
I must have missed the memo where in order to show sympathy for those affected by tragedy, we have to log on to Topix and post about it...

I am 99.3784% sure not everyone in this town in on Topix... just saying...

Again, who is the hypocrite "Conservative"...??? ?

This isn't a dictatorship... Although you fill the shoes quite well. Keep spreading the love, Adolf.
Democrat

Chestnutridge, MO

#10 Dec 15, 2012
I went to the towns page on the internet and told them my thoughts and that all I can do is pray for them, I am shocked nobody mentioned it on here either but anything not mentioned on here is a good thing because of all the stupid atheist if anyone gives a kind post with GOD in it. guns don't kill people, people kill people and gun control is a good thing to a certain point but when a nutjob wants a weapon to butcher people the nutjob will find one. My opinion on why we are seeing alot more crap like this is because it seems like america has lost all hope and the doctors if the truth be known are pushing so many drugs to people now a days and way too many fraud so called doctors in the mental health feild just for the money, they convince everyone they can't survive or cope without medications and these medications have way too many bad side effects. this kid who did this in that school was f--ked up in the head and someone who knew him knew this but then again, what were they to do about it, it's just like around here, tell the police and nothing is done because the police can't do anything to a nutjob until the nutjob goes nuts, so the question is, who do you tell?

Location hidden

#11 Dec 15, 2012
Democrat wrote:
I went to the towns page on the internet and told them my thoughts and that all I can do is pray for them, I am shocked nobody mentioned it on here either but anything not mentioned on here is a good thing because of all the stupid atheist if anyone gives a kind post with GOD in it. guns don't kill people, people kill people and gun control is a good thing to a certain point but when a nutjob wants a weapon to butcher people the nutjob will find one. My opinion on why we are seeing alot more crap like this is because it seems like america has lost all hope and the doctors if the truth be known are pushing so many drugs to people now a days and way too many fraud so called doctors in the mental health feild just for the money, they convince everyone they can't survive or cope without medications and these medications have way too many bad side effects. this kid who did this in that school was f--ked up in the head and someone who knew him knew this but then again, what were they to do about it, it's just like around here, tell the police and nothing is done because the police can't do anything to a nutjob until the nutjob goes nuts, so the question is, who do you tell?
Amen
Conservative my butt

West Plains, MO

#12 Dec 16, 2012
Conservative wrote:
Bravo. Bravo. F.U. and I'll pray for you in the same breath. LOL. There now, your true colors are finally showing. Kinda what I thought when I posted the first time. Do yourself a favor and save your breath and time. Leave me out of your prayers. Personally, I think West Plains has many great people who have most likely wept and prayed for these victims and their families, but you wanted to generalize and bash the whole town because they didn't post it on Topix. You're a real piece of work. F.U. and I'll pray for you in the same breath. You not only made me genuinely laugh, you proved my point.
great

Ava, MO

#13 Dec 16, 2012
This is truly a tragedy and I pray that there is a heightened awareness and precaution for this sort of thing. The guy was crazy (obviously, because who does that?)! Sadly we need to realize there are lots of crazy people in this works and be aware it could happen anywhere! I pray for the families of the innocent souls lost Friday.
SAD

Ava, MO

#14 Dec 16, 2012
This site wasn't made to be what it has become. It was developed to help people stay in touch with local events and to share local community concerns. But, as usual idiots got on and has made it into a bashing fest.
aristocracy

Ozark, MO

#15 Jan 10, 2013
Conservative wrote:
The Sandy Hook shootings certainly qualified as a crisis … and in the eyes of the White House it was a “good” crisis; a good crisis because it caused an overwhelming wave of emotion across the country. Emotion blocks rational thought. Now is a perfect time to advance the gun control and eventual gun confiscation cause.
Norton

Hollister, MO

#16 Jan 10, 2013
aristocracy wrote:
<quoted text>The Sandy Hook shootings certainly qualified as a crisis … and in the eyes of the White House it was a “good” crisis; a good crisis because it caused an overwhelming wave of emotion across the country. Emotion blocks rational thought. Now is a perfect time to advance the gun control and eventual gun confiscation cause.
thank you for attempting to turn a tragedy into your own personal twilight zone conspiracy theory. die in a fire
fireman

Ozark, MO

#17 Jan 10, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for attempting to turn a tragedy into your own personal twilight zone conspiracy theory. die in a fire
The Second Amendment is there specifically to make sure the people of this country have the firepower they need to defend themselves; and not just against burglars and muggers and purse snatchers and rapists, but GOVERNMENT as well.
When VP Joe Biden, says that he and the President and the Attorney General, all a bunch of leftist Democrats, are talking about using executive orders for gun safety? You really cannot be that deficient in worldly wisdom.
Rip

Ozark, MO

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Conservative wrote:
You pretty much summed it up , more people are worried about peter paul , doing his maw while franky is getting a little spankie from his sisters brothers mother and little jed swings with with wrong hole fred while granny's smoking pot with the cops , tell me who's gonna put this to a stop ? Retha's discovered brother was truthfully her her mothers boyfriend as a cover up so she can have unlimited smex and jessica's sister bertha's gold fish freta saw susan's mom get laid by david down the street . Get over it people who cares who is doing what , make yourself useful and stop hardening your hearts to hate so much come on !
Sammy

West Plains, MO

#19 Jan 11, 2013
fireman wrote:
<quoted text> The Second Amendment is there specifically to make sure the people of this country have the firepower they need to defend themselves; and not just against burglars and muggers and purse snatchers and rapists, but GOVERNMENT as well.
When VP Joe Biden, says that he and the President and the Attorney General, all a bunch of leftist Democrats, are talking about using executive orders for gun safety? You really cannot be that deficient in worldly wisdom.
This was planned please see the real news on blacklistednews.com . The government wants to make us give up our guns and is using their contacts to stir up the people. What better way than to use kids. Do some research. I believe that all who want guns should have them. Read the news their are many conflicting reports. When something like this happens please be aware of early news reports and notice how they change them in the end. It is interesting. Please also know that all you say on line is being recorded and kept.
Norton

Hollister, MO

#20 Jan 11, 2013
fireman wrote:
<quoted text> The Second Amendment is there specifically to make sure the people of this country have the firepower they need to defend themselves; and not just against burglars and muggers and purse snatchers and rapists, but GOVERNMENT as well.
So what you are saying is that there is a conspiracy? Dumbass. Get some worldly wisdom about the limits of executive orders. Then get some worldly wisdom about combat and war. Specifically how likely it is a bunch of non organized gun owners are gonna hold off the army (which wouldn't obey the order to attack it own people anyway).

"Well regulated militia" Where does that quote come from? Are you in a militia? Are most gun enthusiasts in a militia?

The truth is no one wants to take away guns. But don't you think they should be tracked a little more? Universal background checks? Do civilians really need 5.56? Full auto? Armor piercing? Frangibles liked Lanza apparently used?

Frangibles are used for one thing. Killing people or wounding them in the messiest and bloodiest way possible. Are they TRULY necessary for civilian life?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 6 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 97,070
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 50 min Colbert 1,832
Teen suspended for saying 'bless you'? 1 hr Police State 26
West Plains NEEDS a White Castle restaurant! 2 hr tim 2
Do you know? rules for cremation? (Oct '09) 9 hr visitor 20
Worst Restaurant Service and Food (Jan '11) 12 hr grave digger 67
store door buzzers 12 hr dbc 3
•••
West Plains Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

West Plains Jobs