First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Annie

Kirbyville, MO

#167 Nov 25, 2013
Cops are military too wrote:
<quoted text>
It is alright. I do not support a free ride, but I do support help when needed is all. The economic system here is shot. I don't know how to fix it, honestly there really isn't a way too, because of the way it is designed. Honestly slowly replacing it with another main currency would be the best way to prolong it, but I hope it doesn't happen. It would turn us into one government by eventually replacing it all with only one currency. It should crash, for our own good, as bad as that sounds.
However I think making cuts in spending other places should be first, and they are not happening. Sadly. Instead we are just putting more people in poverty faster cutting the assistance system first, when it has less money in it to start, and it just puts more people out. They should make cuts to their employees, the main ones, tax the rich for once (I understand they will lose stuff too...but you can live without 5 cars and 2 tv rooms etc). Instead they have made cuts to the poor, elderly, kids, school systems, and general population that works government jobs, not the ones who are actually earning anything and can afford a cut. They made cuts to things like medical for people like your husband who needs that and fairly deserves it in a job as his. I don't think people just get everything for free, not at all. However, I think a more fair system would help, and more jobs (it's not a myth either...thanks big business)...etc. The last place we should make cuts it to our people if we can avoid it. And honestly we could of.
I agree with alot of what you say, it seems the middle class who is barely making it with the economy as it is are the ones getting hurt the most. And now with the Obamacare it's going to make it even worse on some cause now those that did have Insurance that they were able to afford to pay for got canceled, and going on Obamacare their new policies will cost twice as much, how many people have that extra money to spare, they don't! Besides their deductable about doubling, so they will have to come up with more up front before their Insurance even kicks in and starts paying. Alot will and are just opting to pay the penalty. How is an average American suppose to even begin to get ahead the way things are going now, it was almost impossibe before and now it will be even harder. Sometimes one has to wonder why bother to bust your butt and work so hard when they keep taking more and more away and making it harder and harder. I don't know what the answer is but something needs to happen,our present system sure isn't working very well. Our government seems to forget they are suppose to be working for the people, I do believe more voices are being heard about what is going wrong though, wether it will do any good or not has yet to be seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 45 min TRUMPOCALYPSE 105,881
Koon construction 4 hr whatever 18
pentecostal churches....are they considered a c... (Nov '09) 6 hr tim 64
Dr. That will still prescripbe pain meds? 8 hr help 1
Mistress in town 12 hr Dont miss that place 36
Sick n Tired of Walmart 12 hr West Plains Native 22
Bootleggers BBQ sucks. 13 hr Anna 4

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages