ynotbkind

United States

#45 Sep 27, 2013
the system was suppose to let the people know ahead of time before it happened so those that are getting benefits could try to save back for these hard times but i dont think we got told or warned that this was going into effect next month they will have to find out when they go grocery shoppn for the family.some of us are use to what help we have been gettn and if no one told us in advance that we r receiving less now it will change the way we live one family member will have to eat less so the kids will have plenty. we will survive we havent starved yet but they could of warned us not let it be known on topix
POINT OF THE MATTER

Branson, MO

#46 Sep 27, 2013
It is the peoples money...paid for by tax payers. It should be used for the people. The should of cut...the WAR effort first...or perhaps their own paychecks. Or maybe they should pay taxes...and nothing would have to be cut from it because it would make up for the loss they are cutting. I don't care about the drug testing part...or the fact it may only end up a few dollars loss per person...the point is...this isn't where the cut should be first made. And if the rich paid taxes...that would be a start in the right direction....(and no your tax dollars spent on war isn't paying soldiers either...they make less than mini. wage in the end) the system is flawed but this isn't the first step needed to fix it
Heres a thought

Vanzant, MO

#47 Sep 28, 2013
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You aren't wasting your time because you are clueless.
Before the bill passed, abled bodied adults could receive benefits without having to get off their duff.
The bill, written under the direction of the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, Republican of Virginia, would cut $40 billion from the food stamp program over the next 10 years. It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits.
It would also limit the time those recipients could get benefits to three months. Currently, states can extend food stamp benefits past three months for able-bodied people who are working or preparing for work as part of a job-training program.
“This bill makes getting Americans back to work a priority again for our nation’s welfare programs,” House Speaker John A. Boehner said.
Oh my .... if John Boehner said it, it must be true. LMAO
the real smh

West Plains, MO

#48 Sep 28, 2013
ynotbkind wrote:
some of us are use to what help we have been gettn
....and there lies the majority of the problem. People get use to (dependent upon) what started out as temporary help.
the real smh

West Plains, MO

#49 Sep 28, 2013
ynotbkind wrote:
the system was suppose to let the people know ahead of time before it happened so those that are getting benefits could try to save back for these hard times but i dont think we got told or warned that this was going into effect next month they will have to find out when they go grocery shoppn for the family.some of us are use to what help we have been gettn and if no one told us in advance that we r receiving less now it will change the way we live one family member will have to eat less so the kids will have plenty. we will survive we havent starved yet but they could of warned us not let it be known on topix
You speak as if you get food stamps. If that is the case, why do you have internet and on topix? Shut your internet off, disconnect it, and get off topix and get a job.

Btw...people were notified of benefits dropping a while back is my understand.
Heres a thought

Vanzant, MO

#50 Sep 29, 2013
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
....and there lies the majority of the problem. People get use to (dependent upon) what started out as temporary help.
Do you mean how our politicians got used to spending our Social Security money? Or used to giving themselves huge pay raises and excellent healthcare for life? Or giving tax breaks to the 1%? Or money to corporations to advertise overseas? Or money to drug companies? Or money to oil companies?
When did it become a war against the poor? More money is wasted and spent on large corporations making record profits but let's piss test the poor and starve them.
the real smh

West Plains, MO

#51 Sep 30, 2013
Heres a thought wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean how our politicians got used to spending our Social Security money? Or used to giving themselves huge pay raises and excellent healthcare for life? Or giving tax breaks to the 1%? Or money to corporations to advertise overseas? Or money to drug companies? Or money to oil companies?
When did it become a war against the poor? More money is wasted and spent on large corporations making record profits but let's piss test the poor and starve them.
I've never said that all those things are right. There is a lot that needs done.

It's not a war against the poor, it's a war against handouts.

Piss test the poor and starve them? If they fail a piss test it is on them.

My employer piss tests me.
tim

Kansas City, MO

#52 Sep 30, 2013
Well times get tough simply rob a rich Republican. They screw you you screw them. Them and there kind (not withstanding the dumb minions of poor white trash that fall for there propaganda) have no problem stealing and killing the poor.
ynotbkind

United States

#53 Sep 30, 2013
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak as if you get food stamps. If that is the case, why do you have internet and on topix? Shut your internet off, disconnect it, and get off topix and get a job.
Btw...people were notified of benefits dropping a while back is my understand.
so what yes i have a 30 a month phone plan i have rights also who r u to say what i need or dont need
ynotbkind

United States

#54 Sep 30, 2013
so since i receive 50 a month n foodstamps i dont deserve a phone wow! thats all we have dont have a fancy computer or satelite tv. my husband works hard for us we pay our bills so if we can get a little help with food then yes i will be glad to get it. sorry if my amount doesnt suit u or me havn a phone and no job offends u the rel SMH. but i do have a job its calld beng a mom yes ur a right i can get a job but i chose to stay home with my 2 yr old not a stranger takn care of him last i knew that was ok n the eyes of the gov. i dont lie on our income to get more
sadness

Forsyth, MO

#55 Sep 30, 2013
AGREE!
POINT OF THE MATTER wrote:
It is the peoples money...paid for by tax payers. It should be used for the people. The should of cut...the WAR effort first...or perhaps their own paychecks. Or maybe they should pay taxes...and nothing would have to be cut from it because it would make up for the loss they are cutting. I don't care about the drug testing part...or the fact it may only end up a few dollars loss per person...the point is...this isn't where the cut should be first made. And if the rich paid taxes...that would be a start in the right direction....(and no your tax dollars spent on war isn't paying soldiers either...they make less than mini. wage in the end) the system is flawed but this isn't the first step needed to fix it
sadness

Forsyth, MO

#56 Sep 30, 2013
Exactly!
Heres a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean how our politicians got used to spending our Social Security money? Or used to giving themselves huge pay raises and excellent healthcare for life? Or giving tax breaks to the 1%? Or money to corporations to advertise overseas? Or money to drug companies? Or money to oil companies?
really the really smh

Ozark, MO

#57 Sep 30, 2013
You can't bitch at people for having mins. on a phone and being on food stamps. Really?! Do you know how you check your balance if you do not have a paper print out...the phone. Do you know how you contact a case worker...they phone...do you know how they are trying to switch most of the government assistance transactions...all via phones or internet. You CAN'T just go down and talk to someone anymore. And what are the people supposed to do? Drive done there? That only cost gas too. Know the facts before you cry. Not everyone is jobless on the system by the way...and a lot of the system is the elderly and handicap...but I will be sure to let granny know you think she should get her lazy *** up and walk down the get help and a job....it's the peoples money...NOT THE SYSTEMS the PEOPLE should get it...and they are NOT ...that's the TRUTH
Pouvoir

Lampe, MO

#58 Oct 1, 2013
You all can whine, piss, moan and cry all you want. But there ain't but one answer - and it is on every history shelf of every library in this country.

Here it is:

1. Get some men.
2. Get some guns.
3. Commence to kill those that are obstructing the American way of life.

'Gasp!!', you mutter,'I could never do that - it wouldn't be right.'

Enter your great-great-great grandpa and his buddies.

They had similar problems.
What did they do?
Whine, piss, moan?
Not hardly.

They:

1. Got some men.
2. Got some guns.
3. Commenced to kill oppressive folk.

A lot.

Continually.

Until the tyrants got the picture.

Wadda you gonna do?

There ain't but one answer ...
the real smh

West Plains, MO

#59 Oct 1, 2013
ynotbkind wrote:
<quoted text>so what yes i have a 30 a month phone plan i have rights also who r u to say what i need or dont need
$30 phone plan and $50 in food stamps. Shut the phone off and save tax payers $30 in food stamps per month.
the real smh

West Plains, MO

#60 Oct 1, 2013
really the really smh wrote:
You can't bitch at people for having mins. on a phone and being on food stamps. Really?! Do you know how you check your balance if you do not have a paper print out...the phone. Do you know how you contact a case worker...they phone...do you know how they are trying to switch most of the government assistance transactions...all via phones or internet. You CAN'T just go down and talk to someone anymore. And what are the people supposed to do? Drive done there? That only cost gas too. Know the facts before you cry. Not everyone is jobless on the system by the way...and a lot of the system is the elderly and handicap...but I will be sure to let granny know you think she should get her lazy *** up and walk down the get help and a job....it's the peoples money...NOT THE SYSTEMS the PEOPLE should get it...and they are NOT ...that's the TRUTH
I've never said anything about the handicap or elderly getting help. Never once.

I have only talked about those sitting on their rear, fully capable of working, and living off the system.

Right, it's the peoples money, the people who pay taxes and work. The ones who are not getting any help.

A phone and internet is not required or needed. You can use free internet at library, not like going there will interfere with their work.
Ur clueless

Ozark, MO

#61 Oct 1, 2013
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
$30 phone plan and $50 in food stamps. Shut the phone off and save tax payers $30 in food stamps per month.

I've stated it once...and I will state it again. You want people to turn off their phones...and stop with the internet...then perhaps the way to check your balance and info on it all shouldn't be via 800 number or on the net. Also...you CAN'T go into the office in person anymore for any issues you have involving a case. You CAN NOT! Matter of fact...several offices all over America have been closing long before the food stamp cuts...making the remaining offices taking on EXTRA work. They are working...perhaps you should PAY those workers more of your hard earned income there yourself since they are federal workers. You are okay with that right?! Not only is the government cutting jobs for their own federal workers...they are cutting food stamps. WHY ARE THEY NOT CUTTING WAR FUNDING? The only way to reach a lot of the workers is only through internet and phone calls! But yes...lets just cut those. If you are so anti aid anything...hope you never let anyone help you on anything. That's a hand out...or a helping hand. Difference is...tax payers pay that money in and have for years...it is THEIR MONEY...THEY SHOULD GET IT WHEN THEY NEED HELP! I agree drug testing should be a requirement...you have to do that for a job...it's fair...but if the methods to get ahold of the system depends on such necessities...they SHOULD BE ALOUD!
Ur clueless

Ozark, MO

#62 Oct 1, 2013
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said anything about the handicap or elderly getting help. Never once.
I have only talked about those sitting on their rear, fully capable of working, and living off the system.
Right, it's the peoples money, the people who pay taxes and work. The ones who are not getting any help.
A phone and internet is not required or needed. You can use free internet at library, not like going there will interfere with their work.
Maybe you should start giving rides to the library for these people to use such methods then. Cause transportation costs too!
the real smh

West Plains, MO

#63 Oct 2, 2013
Ur clueless wrote:
<quoted text>I've stated it once...and I will state it again. You want people to turn off their phones...and stop with the internet...then perhaps the way to check your balance and info on it all shouldn't be via 800 number or on the net. Also...you CAN'T go into the office in person anymore for any issues you have involving a case. You CAN NOT! Matter of fact...several offices all over America have been closing long before the food stamp cuts...making the remaining offices taking on EXTRA work. They are working...perhaps you should PAY those workers more of your hard earned income there yourself since they are federal workers. You are okay with that right?! Not only is the government cutting jobs for their own federal workers...they are cutting food stamps. WHY ARE THEY NOT CUTTING WAR FUNDING? The only way to reach a lot of the workers is only through internet and phone calls! But yes...lets just cut those. If you are so anti aid anything...hope you never let anyone help you on anything. That's a hand out...or a helping hand. Difference is...tax payers pay that money in and have for years...it is THEIR MONEY...THEY SHOULD GET IT WHEN THEY NEED HELP! I agree drug testing should be a requirement...you have to do that for a job...it's fair...but if the methods to get ahold of the system depends on such necessities...they SHOULD BE ALOUD!
Again, I'm not against aid, but if you are dependent upon on, only source of "income" it isn't aid.

Sure people have helped me out, but you can bet I didn't sit on my ass and let them do it for me.

I'm all for the working person getting help, if it is needed, because we know many jobs don't pay enough to live.

Cut war spending over able bodied adults welfare? No thank you.

I'm sure there are other ways to get your balance, maybe off your reciept? Borrow friends phone?

As for contacting them, you can go in the office here still and they also have a free phone in waiting room to use.
the real smh

West Plains, MO

#64 Oct 2, 2013
Ur clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should start giving rides to the library for these people to use such methods then. Cause transportation costs too!
Pete and Joe gives free rides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Plains Makes Top 10 Creepiest Towns List 31 min Red Eye 4
Tea Party Fraud 3 hr grave digger 17
Here's a riddle for you 3 hr grave digger 16
Cafe 37/Roper's Saloon reviews? (Dec '12) 3 hr grave digger 65
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr RNC Rightwing NUT... 97,769
lane baugh 4 hr Ebola 8
Jessica cody 5 hr Autumn lover 2
West Plains Dating
Find my Match

West Plains Jobs

West Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

West Plains News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in West Plains

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]