republicans pass bill to cut foodstamps
irate

United States

#24 Sep 20, 2013
Kenneth wrote:
That's the problem with our laws, rules & regulations. Most times it encourages dishonesty or learning how to beat the system because it seems if you are honest about everything, things will be taken away from you.
perfectly said!
Chigger

Bald Knob, AR

#25 Sep 21, 2013
The bill will cut 5% from the current cost OVER the next decade:

"The bill’s savings would be achieved by allowing states to put broad new work requirements in place for many food stamp recipients and to test applicants for drugs"

Sooooo its to get the drug heads and the dumb asss dead beats off of food stamps.

Im for re-electing every representative that voted for it!
ynotbkind

United States

#26 Sep 21, 2013
well if they goin to have drug testing for aid then it needs to cover alcohol also just because booze can b bought legally thats ok to use ur money to buy to get drunk and crash ur car even hurt or kill someone if ur sayn that someone can spend 20 on a sack then they dont need foodstamps how is that any worse than another person buyn booze? im not supporting the crack or meth heads that dont eat and r selln or trading to get high but the occasional smokers are not the problem. its the ones who abuse and sell and lie to get more that need to be cut off the system. they need to show proof like food receipts to c where and how their benefits are going and if they cant then cut them back and give to the ones that are using their benefits wisely. besides people have been cheating drug tests for how long? even for jobs so where is that going to help this is going little too far
Trixy

Ozark, MO

#27 Sep 21, 2013
Ok, if the federal gov wants the food stampers to get tested for drugs cause they get our tax money to eat, then we should demand every single federal employee including congress governors senators president and vice pres be tested too cause they get tax money to eat.
I bet a lot of those a-hole politicians snort coke and smoke weed when the cameras aint there to see it.
The damned gov loves making rules for the little guy to live by they always manage to exclude themselves from it.

Since: Sep 13

Norfolk, VA

#28 Sep 21, 2013
Good then maybe people will work more and hold their hands out less. Should not be available to anyone not classified as mentally or physically disabled or under the age of 62, period!
Heres a thought

Ozark, MO

#29 Sep 21, 2013
Maybe companies should pay a living wage. A large number of Walmart employees qualify for food stamps and Medicaid while the Waltons find ways to avoid paying taxes. When did our country become so one-sided?
WonkyDonkey

West Plains, MO

#30 Sep 21, 2013
wake up wrote:
What happened to the concepts of self-reliance and doing for ourselves. Its sickenining to hear the collective quiver of "disabled" fatso's afraid our tax dollars won't fill their feed trough anymore. If working people have to endure drug tests in order to maintain employment then people that wasn't to use our tax dollars to live off of then they should also have to drug test to maintain their free money
You sound like a broken record spouting the usual rhetoric. You should demand the same of the big welfare queens.....the members of Congress who wine and dine at $120 per member and who get the best FREE healthcare and all at our expense! They make damn good money and should be buying their own lunches and health insurance!
Juan Valdez

Sparta, MO

#31 Sep 21, 2013
Anon80 wrote:
Good then maybe people will work more and hold their hands out less. Should not be available to anyone not classified as mentally or physically disabled or under the age of 62, period!
"It is required of every man," the Ghost returned, "that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellowmen, and travel far and wide; and if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death. It is doomed to wander through the world — oh, woe is me!— and witness what it cannot share, but might have shared on earth, and turned to happiness!"
derekp

Ozark, MO

#32 Sep 21, 2013
For all you that want to drug test everyone that receives aid, what will that cost? If 20 percent are found to be disqualified by use of drugs, testing everyone will cost much more than is saved. Then there will be the few that need help and can not get it. We will be spending more to keep a few off the rolls while some that are truly in need are not helped. Simplistic slogans and solutions don't work in the real and complicated world.
tator chip

United States

#33 Sep 21, 2013
To many people buying energy drinks bear claws snack cakes cheese it crackers, these people don't need food stamps.
zzz

Lees Summit, MO

#34 Sep 21, 2013
irate wrote:
Get ready people of Howell, and surrounding counties for starvation in mass numbers! The Republican party pushed through a bill to cut food stamps by 40 million $$!!! To hell with single parents and their children,the elderly, disabled, low income going on one meal a day while currently on food stamps. But keep approving their own raises in state,and federal legislatures. Keep aiding other countries, keep sending billions to countries to feed them who want to kill all of us. Those countries won't have to because our own government is going to do it for
Them! SMH!!!!!
You blundering idiot all you welfare rats will do just fine.You will only get $36 less a month than you get now it's not like you will starve.Edu cate yourself on this matter so in the future you won't sound so damn stupid.WTF has single parents,the elderly,disabled,and low income have to do with anything?? Hell i know single parents,elderly people,disabled people and low income people and none of them are welfare rats so WTF is your point dumbass????If you reply try not to sound to stupid.Good luck to ya on that one.Good Day!!!!!
yep

West Plains, MO

#35 Sep 22, 2013
tator chip wrote:
To many people buying energy drinks bear claws snack cakes cheese it crackers, these people don't need food stamps.
your right every mini mart etc... now has a sign up that say we take ebt now thats not right it should be for food for kids at home not parents at mini marts. kids prob dont have anything to eat at home but mom or dad had their energy drink from a mini mart that day
Casey

West Plains, MO

#36 Sep 22, 2013
Chigger wrote:
The bill will cut 5% from the current cost OVER the next decade:
"The bill’s savings would be achieved by allowing states to put broad new work requirements in place for many food stamp recipients and to test applicants for drugs"
Sooooo its to get the drug heads and the dumb asss dead beats off of food stamps.
Im for re-electing every representative that voted for it!
Lol, by using the name chigger, does that mean you get under people's skin?
wake up

United States

#37 Sep 22, 2013
WonkyDonkey wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like a broken record spouting the usual rhetoric. You should demand the same of the big welfare queens.....the members of Congress who wine and dine at $120 per member and who get the best FREE healthcare and all at our expense! They make damn good money and should be buying their own lunches and health insurance!
. I feel I am spouting rhetoric based in reality, what's wrong with the concept of self-reliance, why are so many upset with the concept of drug testing if you want goverment money, I am a tax payer not an enabler. I work two jobs . The day of free rides is over. Look at the huge obese people all around us. Obviously we need to drastically reduce the food stamp program before they waddle over to disability. As a tax payer I am offended by this useless waste of money. Its time overhaul our system. These people think they are entitled to free food. Its time our country toughened up and we as individuals took responsibility for ourselves.
the real smh

Kimberling City, MO

#38 Sep 22, 2013
1.7 billion of those who will be affected are those who have no dependents.

Currently, if you do not have dependents, you can draw food stamps and are not required to even look for a job. The government had a waiver allowing this.

I'm glad the bill passed.
its pathetic

United States

#39 Sep 22, 2013
the real smh wrote:
1.7 billion of those who will be affected are those who have no dependents.
Currently, if you do not have dependents, you can draw food stamps and are not required to even look for a job. The government had a waiver allowing this.
I'm glad the bill passed.
you have no fkin clue what your talking about! Lmao!! Not even wasting my time here, you know it all's are hysterical idiots
the real smh

United States

#40 Sep 24, 2013
its pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>you have no fkin clue what your talking about! Lmao!! Not even wasting my time here, you know it all's are hysterical idiots
Really? You aren't wasting your time because you are clueless.

Before the bill passed, abled bodied adults could receive benefits without having to get off their duff.

The bill, written under the direction of the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, Republican of Virginia, would cut $40 billion from the food stamp program over the next 10 years. It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits.

It would also limit the time those recipients could get benefits to three months. Currently, states can extend food stamp benefits past three months for able-bodied people who are working or preparing for work as part of a job-training program.

“This bill makes getting Americans back to work a priority again for our nation’s welfare programs,” House Speaker John A. Boehner said.
zzz

Lees Summit, MO

#41 Sep 24, 2013
the real smh wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You aren't wasting your time because you are clueless.
Before the bill passed, abled bodied adults could receive benefits without having to get off their duff.
The bill, written under the direction of the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, Republican of Virginia, would cut $40 billion from the food stamp program over the next 10 years. It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits.
It would also limit the time those recipients could get benefits to three months. Currently, states can extend food stamp benefits past three months for able-bodied people who are working or preparing for work as part of a job-training program.
“This bill makes getting Americans back to work a priority again for our nation’s welfare programs,” House Speaker John A. Boehner said.
True but most of these people know nothing about the bill to cut welfare.Im sure the idea of getting a job is not what they want to hear.
zzz

Lees Summit, MO

#43 Sep 24, 2013
Dean Lee wrote:
Will I guest I'll just have to sell more drugs to make up for my missing food stamps
BFD!!!!
sadness

West Plains, MO

#44 Sep 26, 2013
Lets test for pot so that Meth becomes a greater problem. Because those illegal drugs wouldnt possibly be replaced with Beer and Cigs right??? MORONS AT WORK... and we wonder why our Government, Systems and all they pertain are so MESSED UP!!!!! We have MILLIINS of Stupid Ideas on top of POLITICAL BS already... GENIUSES!!!
Maybe... Lets Try a system thats not made to LIVE off of but to HELP!!! Lets design steps to bettering the people, families, homes, finances then to set programs where you EITHER live ON the system OR they cut you off INSTANTLY when you try to better yourself. Let stop creating programs such as Medicaid, where a Mom who is able bodied and would work for a decent amount and feed her family, but the system would cut her childrens insurance because she made TOO MUCH!!! Yet NOT ENOUGH for Family Insurance, and Most insurance is not PROVIDED through employment and is so crazy ridiculous that its Either FEED your children or Starve them so you can afford to pay the co-pays to most policies...... OUR GOVERNMENT HAS MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE and SUCKERED our intelligence out so that One HAS TO HAVE HELP... AND REMAIN ON IT!!!!!!!!!!
But all this ranting, raving wont matter none... for you are each one Individual in a COUNTRY... UN-UNITED!
So its a millions mouths talking... and NO Ears that Care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Bob being protected? 47 min grave digger 4
pentecostal churches....are they considered a c... (Nov '09) 54 min grave digger 78
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 106,347
Dairy Queen Drama 7 hr Zizzer for life 3
Governor Greitens and President Trump 10 hr zizzers rock 3
Trump has been sued by over 3500 different cont... 14 hr andy 7
Trump won debate. 17 hr grave digger 49

West Plains Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

West Plains Mortgages